Home

WARNING: SPOILER!!! -New Info In Star Wars Gamer

Indy4

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why u guys really care what a magazine says about the story...

...so far from what i've read pc gamer little hints of the story and Star Wars Gamers spoilers don't seem to be the same....

Pc Gamer says that the final boss appearance will surprise u &

Star Wars gamer says its DESANN..WHO THE HELL IS DESANN???

As far as i'm concerned nothing has spoilt the story.;)

Qel

Isn't anyone else disappointed that the game isn't going to fit in AT ALL with the whole timeline of the Expanded Universe? Jedi Outcast is set 12 years after ANH, which means it's at the same time as or just after the Jedi Academy Trilogy of books and I, Jedi. This whole "another Dark Jedi" storyline isn't in the books, and no way would just Kyle Katarn be going after a Dark Jedi, the New Republic would send a fleet after him, or all of the new Jedi.

It also means that Jedi Knight was set at the same time as ESB(or around then), but I'm sure it was supposed to be set after ROTJ - doesn't it say that in the manual or something? If it was during ESB, then that completely doesn't fit in with the Star Wars universe!

In ANH, Grand Moff Tarkin (instead of telling Vader he was all that remained of his religion) would have said "Yes, it's entirely possible that Obi Wan or some other Jedi is here on the Death Star, after all, there are loads of them running around, you and the Emperor did a useless job of wiping them out!!".

And Yoda in ESB would have been like "There is another...well actually there's loads of others, so not to worry if Luke gets killed, we'll just send our mate Kyle to sort them out!".

And Mara Jade couldn't have been in MotS, because while she WAS working for Talon Kardde, she probably hadn't met Luke at that time, fought C'baoth and started really using the Force.

Or am I just wrong about this all???

My favourite piece of info was about the lightsaber throw....

1st level it just goes out and comes back to you like in JK

2nd level it can be controlled in mid air

3rd level it seeks the enemies itself

It can also get knocked out of the air, but can be force pulled back if it does :D........sounds cool

yup yup JKII will be cool, especially returning to the valley of the Jedi , but some things dont make sense, after kyle had defeated Jerec the VotJ was rendered useless as a weapon right, well anyway it'l probaply be cool

YAY for JK II

Originally posted by AB_Legion

JK2 = cool, Cool, Cool!, Cool!! & COOL!!! :D

It doesn't fit 'story-line'?? - Do I look like I care :D

Cheers ;)

You might not, but personally, I like things to make some SENSE. If it fitted in with what has been approved by Lucas, it would add to the immersion in his fictional universe! If not, then, to me, it doesn't seem as much "Star Wars".

Taking things at face value is all well and good, and if you are happy doing that then good luck to you, but I DON'T think ignorance is bliss, and stand by what I've said.

, so by the end of the game you must overcome Kyle's Dark Side before you can truly face Desann.

So maybe if you tuern to the darkside during the game you join him or the game finishes early so u have to reload it? Good to know that you can still fall to the dark side (i think)

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

So maybe if you tuern to the darkside during the game you join him or the game finishes early so u have to reload it? Good to know that you can still fall to the dark side (i think)

I think Kyle dealing with the dark side will be scripted(like watching a tv show). You won't be able to effect whether he does or not. They already said you wouldn't

I think Kyle dealing with the dark side will be scripted(like watching a tv show). You won't be able to effect whether he does or not. They already said you wouldn't

Come on, do you think i'm a complete idiot, i know what scripting is.

Also they said one time there wouldn't be drivable vehicles, but there are a few. so they have changed a few things.

I'd laugh if it was Jerec and he told you that you'd actually killed a cardboard cutout of him

:D

Archived