Home

Dark & light side

Ratah Kenoo

Its definatly going to be like MotS where you can choose any force powers. Of course they'll still be classed as Light, Dark and neutral, but you cant determine your path and the powers are given to you at certain points in the game. There is also no star allocation system as a result of the linear story progression.

I believe in the spoiler provided that it was said that Kyle would have to conquer his Dark Side before he could fight the boss. He must bring balance to himself. Just like how Vader bought balance to the Force in general. Without balance he is nothing. Also at the official site i believe they talk about how Kyle walks the thin line between Dark and Light, he is neither and will never be a Sith Lord or an Uber Jedi. He is a master though.

Originally posted by Ratah Kenoo

Will there be any cutsceens???Just like in JK?

Oh, but if ONLY there were!! Jason Court (Kyle in JK) - what a f**king dude!!! The cutscenes really brought the game to life for me. Sometimes I just go through and watch them all without playing. Hopefully they'll still use J.C for the voice acting!!

Check out my Jason Court petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/JCinJK2/petition.html

If I can get enough signatures, this baby's going right to the top!!

I liked the JK cutscenes......but in a year you cant really expect them to do that. Maybe if you wait another year they will, but I dont want to do that. Anyway, they proved that they can do good cutscenes in Elite Force. I prefer in-game and pre-rendered because you are never taken away from the action :D

Check out my Jason Court petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/JCinJK2/petition.html

If I can get enough signatures, this baby's going right to the top!!

Funny that you mentioned Jason, because I also have a petition which you can check here. I asked to close it down though, because it was kinda pointless to let it run, when game is almost finished. :rolleyes:

Although the whole "can use bothsides of the force" might be good in game and be necessary, i dont think it fits in to well with the Movies does it. In the movies the good guys can get away with being a little hot tempered once or twice but if any of them actually used a darkside power they be swallowed by the darkside with little hope of redemption.

I understand though if you could only use either the light or dark side powers they would be cutting their fanbase down some.

But i still think if you use a darkside force power you should be classed as a darkjedi no matter how many other lightside powers you have.

Anyway ive finished my rant now. Check please! :D

Dont tkae these for facts, but this is a small taste

Using a dark force power doesn;t make someone a dark jedi, its all about why, why is the person using the force in such a way, is using it to kill,harm, or to disable and end the conflict, you see so if someone is using the force to torture his victim then obviously hes doing it with evil(intentions).

Since some powers were made to harm, with malicious purposes then it can reasonably be called dark for the purpose of it.

A light jedi can grip someone to cut off their supply to temporaily knock them out but they do want to cause lasting harm, since theyr'e goal is to accomplish the mission.

kyle is doing whats right, being tempted by the darkside for him is that he has the power but hes still struggling to handle it for right reasons.

When you think about it likes any man with power.

(Short exmaple Obiwan used force push like Darth maul) does that make him dark no, because he was using it for a righteous purpose in mind, whereas darthmaul the opposite)

Another example is Luke he gave into anger against vadar the (As you know the darkside of the force is when someone uses the force through anger,agression,hate he is as powerful with the force as long as those emotions last) he was stronger than vadar by the hate he had at that moment, and that is the darkside. Fortunately for luke he recognized why he did this, and it was for a right reason so before his anger deduced him to finish vadar and take his place and gain power, he stopped and realized how close he was to falling over.

Fact is their isn't no exact Darkside and lightside, trhe movies GL has made show they reflect more of the person, however their are more details on it,and plenty differences.

DID I SAY ALL THAT

<font color=cbcbff> Not necessarily, Naphtali. For one thing, as far as the game is concerned, there is no way to tell Kyle's emotions at the time of use. There is also no way to use grip to only knock someone unconscious. In the game, you either maim or kill with it. A direct use of the force for maiming or killing is the dark side. No matter what your purpose is. The only way a Jedi can get away with force assited killing and be within his Jedi limitations is to kill someone indirectly(through means of manipulating another object with the force). This being the case, throwing objects and lightsabers can be considered neutral, since the force isn't being directly applied to the individual. The same with force push. While it can be used to repeatedly bash people against the wall(which would be something only a dark jedi would do), it can also be used to knock an opponent back to gain a second's worth of reaction time or maybe even tossing your opponent off of a cliff would be within jedi limitations. After all, it would be the fall that kills them, and not the force.

Also, there is the issue of lightning. I can't really think of a good cause to torture another being to death with electricity. Can you? You can't just "stun" someone with it. I'm sure anyone would consider it slightly inhumane to blast anyone with that much painful energy. Anyway, my gaming clan, <i>The Jedi Order</i> is one that limits itself to the use of only the light side of the force. Since we obviously have to choose which powers are allowed for use, this is something we've been debating for a while, and that's the stance we are taking on sorting the powers.

The point is "WHY" the intentions of the person, like i said its the person not the powers in themselves. And what was the point that using electricity stun part, your just agreeing with me when i said its the reason a person uses a power. it could be for evil or for good, Im not going to go into to many details over this though, as so far the movies have explained it pretty thoroughly

<font color=cbcbff> The point is that those powers can't be used for good. No matter what the reason, Jedi can't kill people with with the force. They can kill with their lightsabers, but the force is something that can't be used directly against another living being. When Obi-Wan used push he was pushing droids. They aren't alive, so the Jedi can massacre them all they want. You think if jedi didn't have to restrict themselves that Obi-Wan would have been phased by darth maul? Obi-Wan could have easily pushed him down the shaft. And I can't think of a better cause for that than killing an evil warrior. Obi-Wan is as strong with the force as most jedi masters, the strongest apprentice in the jedi order by far, and twice as powerful in the force as Darth Maul. But he didn't use his power because it's against the rules of being a Jedi. No matter what your reasons are.

Archived