Home

Theory: Air Cruiser=Long awaited Cap ships

The reason I think so is that

1. In the screenshot of the wookie AC, you can make out stuff like large bushes, etc.
  2. In the interview, Gaber mentioned the Cruiser as the 'at-at of the sky', which makes it sound really powerful.

I agree, I don't think they will be star destroyers, but something like Rebels: Strike Cruiser, Imperial: Dreadnaught would be kind of cool. The only thing that works against this, though, is that neither of these are space vessels. So what do you think?

That's an interesting idea :) I personally do not think they will include capital ships. What will they be you ask? They will be just what Mr. G said they would be; "AT-ATs of the sky". IMO they will either have extreme firepower and low armor, or high armor and medium/low firepower. Or they might be balanced in between. And most likely they will be able to carry a troop or two. How did I figure this out you ask? Well, after a little deduction, the answer was glaringly obvious. Lets begin with the Republic. As you know they have two main starships. The Republc gunship, and they Jedi starfighter. The gunship is a good example of an air-cruiser. At first I thought that the gunship was going to be the Republic's starfighter. But then I realised that it is not a starfighter. Republic gunships have extreme firepower (if you've seen one you would know). They can also carry several troops. This is what I think air-cruiser will be like. Another example of a air-cruiser could be the Imperial gunboat. Just my two credits.....

Guest Supreme Warlord

It would be like the ship we saw in the Eposide one. The ship that was show first in the movie. I bet that is what it is. Beside they have to stick with the technolgy during that time that was avaiable. So I saw that ship is what will be available.

It would be like the ship we saw in the Eposide one. The ship that was show first in the movie. I bet that is what it is. Beside they have to stick with the technolgy during that time that was avaiable. So I saw that ship is what will be available.

The one the turrets in the hangar blew up was unarmed, so it can't be that one.

mmmm, not exactly a stardestroyer, since SD's are 3 kilometers long and uh,..haha, i think it's a bit to big. i think It'l be a ,...mini looking SD, maybe even a carrack cruiser (sp?) or a dreadnaught (i suck at spelling today....man...) the rebs. would have..either a blockade runner, or a small mon cal cruiser. i bet the trade F. will have those big H looking transports we saw in ep. 1...i dunno. anyways, i predicy a heavily armoured thing, that has incradable range and ATAT-like lazers, good against large ground group formations

Guest Darktrooper
We've also added a new unit to all of the civilizations - the Air Cruiser. This is a monstrous unit, sort of an "AT-AT of the sky", capable of destroying anti-air turrets from a distant range, and also of doing a serious amount of damage to ground units with a large area effect.
here it is dudes. strait from the typing of Garry Gaber.the cruisers ARE at-ats of the sky

Yes, but there are diferent entirpritations (did I spell it right) of "An ATAT of the sky" just as there are

WARNING: PG-13 JOKE COMING UP------------------------------

... different entirpritaions of "play".;)

JOKE OVER--------------------------------------------------------------

All that is known, is an air unit will be added for each civ that will take out anti air from a safe distance....I love that! No more annoying anti air turrets taking out my swarm of figters, unless they bring out thier own air, and they better strike hard :D I bet it is expensive though, being the trebuchet of the sky.

If you ask me (not that anyone did) The air cruisers are in because that would be the perfect way to get the republic gunships in. As you can see in the trailer, these gunships are quitte important in the events during the battle.

For pics ...

<< Links removed because 1 GB (!!) bandwitdh exeeded in one (!!) day. >>

Archived