Home

Error in info on seeing

WD_ToRMeNt

Duration Immediate

Effect Improves vision depth/width; puts visible aura around enemy; counters Mind Trick

Level 1 Highlights enemy with aura (normal duration)

Level 2 Auras visible through walls (double duration)

Level 3 Same as Level 2, but with triple duration and you can dodge sniper fire

Ok, now look at the duration, it's "Immediate". Now look at level 3, "tripple duration." Intresting, looks like some one messed up.

I hope that there are other snafus in the info. 15 sec of speed over 5 sec would be awsome.

absorb is continuos while it lasts, It will automatically work when you are attacked if you are using it, just like JK

perhaps someone aiming at you with the disruptor will have a really big and shiny aura around him

Hmmm, perhaps you could see a line coming out of the person with the distrupter that represents his line of fire/site.

I also wondered about the "continuous" duration of absorb. If absorb doesn't take mana and is always active then that's one major incentive to go light. I doubt this is the case because the 100% force damage resistance would be very unbalancing.

Originally posted by Walker of Sky

Like a threat Warning Indicator on a Fighter Jet ya mean? Or better yet, like Spider-Senses?

thats the way seeing will work, I meant that maybe It will show a bigger aura if someone was sniping at you

Originally posted by Silent_Thunder

That's what I assumed about force absorb, untill I read about force protection, digl, it says it lasts for like 30 seconds, I believe.

So, if protection is also "continous" then why isn't absorb also listed in it's correct duration? Or why isn't protection also continous?

I get your point

It could be a mistake, that page was not supposed to be seen by us yet :D

Guest Apparition
Originally posted by WD_ToRMeNt

Duration Immediate

Effect Improves vision depth/width; puts visible aura around enemy; counters Mind Trick

Level 1 Highlights enemy with aura (normal duration)

Level 2 Auras visible through walls (double duration)

Level 3 Same as Level 2, but with triple duration and you can dodge sniper fire

I think what it means is that it starts its effect immediately but has duration. I think that's what they meant since that makes sense.

Digl, why does everyone keep saying that we weren't supposed to see this yet? So far it has given every reason why it wasn't a mistake... It still hasn't been taken down, I believe, it's also very close JO's release, so it's not surprising the gaming sites will start putting up their JO pages--and besides, the zone didn't really tell us all that much that we didn't know.

There is no link at the zone to that page

LEC had not confirmed zone support yet

there is a detailed description of all weapons (damn even their numbers!) and of each force power levels

That is a lot of info we didnt know

I guess LEC people doesnt care much however, because everything remained up

I would guess that the "continuous" duration means that it can be activated and de-activated and has a slow-but-constant drain while it's active (as opposed to the 1-time shots of JK). This would be really useful for those 3-second fly-by confrontations of Jedi where you don't want to spend force power for 30 secs of absorb.

Slow mo is QUITE possible in MP.

In fact, I believe it was the JK mod "Infiltrate" that featured "Force slow."

The fact is, you can assign a slow speed to anything in the game, including other players.

Think about it.. you get "slow" cast on you, so what happens? Your character suddenly moves very slowly.. he takes a longer time to respond to your keypresses.

That's what it would do. However, they have announced that they won't be using slo mo (at least not for speed) in MP. But as to something else? I don't know.

There are many possible ways the "sniper dodging" could be done.

They could make your character step out of the way just before the shot (which could perhaps be countered by lining up multiple scopes on the jedi), or it could make a beam indicating where the sniper was aiming, so you could easily avoid it (like a big long laser tracer, maybe even a huge glow around the guy). Or they could make any sniper shots veer of target when they got close to you (like a bubble shield).

Force Slow could be done, but most people would probably find it annoying and pointless. For example, let's say you cast it on the whole "world" (as opposed to just one player) and everybody but you is moving slowly. So everybody else casts the same force power, and then everybody is just moving normal speed again. See what I mean?

I suppose they could also make it so when the power is cast, all sniper shots moved really slowly and maybe gave off a loud noise or glowed, so you could easily dodge them, but then that would mean that other players would also be able to dodge them, not just the caster. So one person could make all sniping in the game effectively useless to everyone else.

Originally posted by Kurgan

I suppose they could also make it so when the power is cast, all sniper shots moved really slowly and maybe gave off a loud noise or glowed, so you could easily dodge them, but then that would mean that other players would also be able to dodge them, not just the caster. So one person could make all sniping in the game effectively useless to everyone else.

IMO that would pretty lame...and not make much sense. :/

Perhaps you'll see a sheen of red on your screen when targeted by a sniper or something? That would give you the chance to dodge, but not eliminate the usefulness of sniping.

Originally posted by SotE_Xizor1

WTF! They didn't confirm it yet, but the zone hosts JKII already. It has a Tips and Strategies page, etc. It only has JKII info on there for now, but the Zone only hosts games and it's demo versions that WILL be hosted on there in the future.

And???

what's the problem?

You don't need to play through the zone if you don't want to

I doubt I'll ever do it

Archived