Home

About RSN Station

Now that I'm nearly done with the Sith Temple Arena I'm making for Eets....

I NEED those layouts for the RSN Station...email them to me at ATSTCommander@hotmail.com

I also need info.....like is the crash cantina and flarestar going to be in?

If so, i can justify it...like this:

Note to mods, admins, captain rave, and anyone else who doesn't understand the story below: We're not THAT bad. Wait...i think we are, but i'm not checking. evil1.gif

Long, Long ago, a hyperdrive capable space station arrived on an unknown planet. On the way, the station had to make stops for fuel, and occasionally a member would mutiny, and be 'banned' or cast out and not allowed to return. But the station picked up a few members, wanting to live on this unknown planet. The trip was long, and many members died, some Lieutenants mutinied, and were cast out. Some members formed an Invasion team, and raided some other stations and depleted their fuel, as they were heading for the same planet. After long months, and begging the Captains and Grand Admiral to upgrade the station so it could go faster, and not getting any responses from the Captain, the members of RSN went insane and started hit and runs on as many of the other stations as possible, trying to get the Grand Admiral's attention. When his attention was finally reached, the Grand Admiral forced an allegiance between the stations, and upgraded them all. Newer, harsher rules were enforced by the Commanders, Admirals, Captains, and Grand Admiral. If anyone severely argued and got in a fight, they'd get banned from the Allegiance, and would never be allowed to return. Not too long ago, the stations arrived at their destination, but instead of just one planet, there were several. One for each station. And newer ones are being formed as you read this. (Despite the upgrade, the RSN members are still insane. There appears to be no cure for it, as anyone who enters the station with Sanity dies gruesomely by one of the Lieutenant's Vornskrs, and the Insane members enjoy target practice. So if you ever enter the station, BE SURE TO LEAVE YOUR SANITY AT THE DOOR.) Being Insane, the RSN members chose the ugliest planet that appears to be without oxygen, and named it 'Aresen'. Will they survive down on the planet, will the planet cure or intensify their insanity? And if they survive on the planet, will they attempt an invasion of the other planets? Only time will tell.

Originally posted by Rogue15

Long, Long ago, a hyperdrive capable space station arrived on an unknown planet. [...Truncated...] ...and if they survive on the planet, will they attempt an invasion of the other planets? Only time will tell.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

:lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol:

It's amazing what you can pick up about a community from one of it's members... and a few glances through threads...

That whole damn thing makes sense... *slightly concerned*...

AKA Wraith 8's layout of the base. I'm working on the Basement right now, and I must say this is going GOOD so far! However, I have a feeling the floor above it may need some convincing...o wait...maybe yes and maybe no...We shall see. Anyways, so far it's going good, I'm working on the rooms by the security hallway thing so far i got 2 doors in. :) This is so much fun!!!

basement2.jpg

the grayish lines are ramps leading down. I just got done adding the changing rooms. Will fill them in later. :)

Next is the power generator and rancor/vornskr pits. I made it so someone can force jump on top of the changing rooms (no there's no hole to drop down from or spy in) and snipe. The changing rooms will have armor vests/stormtrooper vests and shields. :)

YES!!!!! SWITCHES ARE EASIER THAN I THOUGHT THEY WERE!!!

*goes back to work* i'll edit this when bottom floor is done...

basement is nearly done. All rooms are added now. :) (i decided it'd be easier for me to only add 1 set of elevators/turbolifts for each floor)

basement3.jpg

I learned some cogs and how to use them, for the elevator i was practically FORCED to use a switch, learning it was very easy...I hope i don't reach the surface limit...cause if i do that would be VERY unfortunate as this is really fun.

the 'make door' function is my frieeeeeenddddddddd. :D

also, learning frames and junk helps too...and uh those massassi tutorials, they helped me with switches. I kinda figured how they'd work, i just didn't feel the need to take chances til it was obvious i needed to use elevators, so i decided to learn the force field switch too. (might come in handy, for say...putting a player at a dead end? :) )

Good News to report:

The elevator shafts adjoined with the first floor, my keyboard and computer's emotions were not hurt in the process!!!!!!!! :D

ehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

heh.

ok..............Now if i can figure out how to 'turn off' the 'basement' layer so i can work on the level without interrupting lag. :)

Yay! lol

R15 and I just played the beta, it was HILARIOUS....cuz we had no powerups, he was a Soldier I was a Scout, so I played Sniper while he tried to beat the sh*t out of me with a raildet...then thermal det throwing contest. I never hit him with one tho. :D

ya that was awesome!!! hehehehe It'll be alot better once I get the second floor done. :) Altho i won by like 1 point, i would've been further ahead had you not used stupid force sight....THEY NEED A COUNTER FOR THAT!!!!!!!! heh i wish my force defense would like blind u when u try to use force sight lol. force sight takes all the suspense out of it! That is why I refuse to use it, and any other force powers. I'd use the force sometimes if the mouse wheel could change force powers......I use the joystick for sabers and force only since it's hard to aim a gun with it...the mouse is PERFECT for aiming the guns, and I'll probably use it more. I have a few ideas for traps, etc for the first floor. :)

I just MIGHT add an outside area in the basement, so u can open the hangarbay doors and go 'outside' since it's a hangarbay in a BASEMENT i know how i'm going to make it more real, i'll have it look kindof like a cave...hard to explain, there'll be a cliff ceiling thing, so u can't see the 'sky' when looking straight up, instead u see the cliff ceiling, but straight foreward u can see the horizon, and u can look DOWN and see that you're on a cliff edge. hope that made sense.

heh time to do......schoooollllll :(

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nevermind i don't want to spoil anyone.

mwahahaaha It's a new trap i made...kindof a trap...hehe it's so cool. I was looking through the cogs at massassi and found the perfect one...heh, glad they had it. Well I must get lunch to fuel my brain cells. :D

eheheheh started work on the upper level. Nearly messed it up by giving it too high of a ceiling. :D I realized in-game. heheheh ugh. Anyways it's fixed. I have all the rooms outlined, I'm going to add the doors now.

Another thing I MIGHT just MIGHT do if it works out is make it so someone can jump off the building's roof, and fall down to the first story's pavement...And jump from the first story down past the basement (since the first story's pavement would be directly over that cave thing i was talking about) If this can be done, Manowars shall owneth thee. And grapple hook too. :D

Note: There will be NO windows. Why not? cuz it'd possibly hurt framerate, etc, etc, etc. To the doors!!!!!

hehe top floor is coming along well. doors are in...i decided to mess with some more cog crap :D this time i got a clock that'll add up the time in the level, and i also got a cog that deactivates guns in an assigned room (the 'fighting' room will use this), so u are forced to saber/force battle. :)

heh heh heh.........

oookkkkk time to get to work i'll be back around 7:30-8 to report my progress, etc. :D

Originally posted by Rogue15

ya that was awesome!!! hehehehe It'll be alot better once I get the second floor done. :) Altho i won by like 1 point, i would've been further ahead had you not used stupid force sight....THEY NEED A COUNTER FOR THAT!!!!!!!! heh i wish my force defense would like blind u when u try to use force sight lol. force sight takes all the suspense out of it! That is why I refuse to use it, and any other force powers. I'd use the force sometimes if the mouse wheel could change force powers......I use the joystick for sabers and force only since it's hard to aim a gun with it...the mouse is PERFECT for aiming the guns, and I'll probably use it more. I have a few ideas for traps, etc for the first floor. :)

I just MIGHT add an outside area in the basement, so u can open the hangarbay doors and go 'outside' since it's a hangarbay in a BASEMENT i know how i'm going to make it more real, i'll have it look kindof like a cave...hard to explain, there'll be a cliff ceiling thing, so u can't see the 'sky' when looking straight up, instead u see the cliff ceiling, but straight foreward u can see the horizon, and u can look DOWN and see that you're on a cliff edge. hope that made sense.

heh time to do......schoooollllll :(

Uhhh...R15...I had 75 shields and you had 125...I'd say THAT'S a counter :p :p :p

And before I used sight, you trounced me and got waaaaaaaay ahead lol

where were you last night?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

o well, you'll be in for a few shocks as i've got 1/2 of the 1st floor done...

o i'm deciding NOT to make the outside...i feel it'll ruin framerate.

Right now I'm getting a steady framerate of 25-30. no less than 23. I got the food court all layed out, nearly messed it up by having too many vertexes on one surface. hehehehe I added the 'kitchen' and the uh place where people get their food, etc. i have a force field attatched to that, so someone can hide in the kitchen if they wanted to. hehe I was going to attatch it to the door as well, to lock u in, but it wouldn't work cause the stupid force field is in the on position, and nobody would be able to get in the kitchen. hehe

uuummm....I got the clock to work, so it adds up the time in the level. :) And I'm looking at some other cogs....I was wondering if there was a cog for 'light switches' so u can turn the lighting off in a sector, but i don't think i'll do that...cause i'd go crazy with it and put one of those in every sector. lol

heh I'll work on the loading rooms today, and of course, the pet store and vet...hehehehehe the RSRP room is going to be cool. I'm going to make it look like an outside area with sky and stuff. heheeheheh

The fighting room thing didn't really work, it didn't allow me to use fists or lightsaber...:rolleyes: so i took that out.

I'll also work on the speeder garage...hehehehe I'll need to dload some new 3dos. :D i'll probably have the flash speeder in, and maybe Gian Speeder....heh

So far the level FEELS like a building, oh one more thing i did, i made the elevator shafts more real, no more sniping down on players while going up...I found out how to survive a huge drop down one of them...all i had to do was stay against the wall the elevator switch was on lol.

I might use this one cog i found that's supposed to turn the lights on and off repeatedly in a sector or something like that (torture room anyone???) hehehehe

What else should i add.....o yes, i need to add the medic room or something like that, it'll have some healths...(no revives tho)

I can't wait til this whole level is done, matted, etc. hehehe i hope nothing goes wrong, such as me reaching the stupid surface limit (3,000 i think).

Redwing, u better be on at 5 pm your time lol

Well, me, Rhett, and Jared all played it, they complained cause it was too big and cause they couldn't find their way around...but that was cause of there being NO real textures. hehehe I didn't get any lag in the game, and nobody complained cause of lag.

Everything is basically done on the second floor....kinda. I think i'll put an atpt on each floor...so people can have a gunnery station thing, and give a little tactical approach, etc. hehe

Anyways, the level is going pretty well. Can't wait to texture it all! :D

Archived