Home

When do you think it will Go Gold?

jedialphaknight

soon

:)

No one really knows the date till Lucasarts makes the announcement... I take all the 28th march, april 2nd with a grain of salt and just go for March 2002 :)

(since it already is march though, you can turn that into late march really)

Azaroth, please be respectful of other users. I know you were probably joking around, but what you said could have been offensive to a number of people. I deleted your posts for this reason. You can consider this a warning.

Swoosh

IMO, I think that the game will go gold within the next 2-3 weeks. Because Lucasarts didn't give an exact date it could even go gold by next week even! Even some intereviews said they were VERY CLOSE to going gold. So i bet right now they are fixing really minor bugs and making sure everything is working properly. :p

:duel:

My glass is filled with equal volumes of air and water, but that's just me.

As for the game going gold, the experts say soon, so I read it as this week or early next week for the press release. The demo, well, that's another story.

Yeah, Gone Gold is when the game is basically done and a gold copy cd is burnt. All that is left after this point is for it to be sent to the publisher, packaged, and shipped to retailers. This is the last milestone for the developers and after this point, the game could be out anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks, depending on the publisher. I think this is a pretty good description :p

Swoosh

If what Shoosh said is right, and I'm sure it is, it shouldn't take long for the game to hit the shelves once it goes gold. It only took like a week for Racer Revenge to hit the shelves after it went gold (I'm still upset it's on PS2 and not PC or DC). So I expect it to go gold in a week or two and then have it by mid March to late March.

No, that's a different kind of gold. "Gone Gold" as was mentioned, means the game is done and the master disc is ready for copying.

You're thinking of the Gold, Platinum, Diamond awards to video games AFTER they've been out and sold X number of copies.

Archived