Home

Jedi Outcast Cancelled! (Lame Joke --again)

Bowen

I can't believe this...it's all here at theforce.net!

From LucasArts.com:

Following an extensive review of the project and a great deal of deliberation, LucasArts Entertainment Company has ceased development of STAR WARS® JEDI KNIGHT® II: JEDI OUTCAST™ for the PC. The expected breadth and scope of the JEDI OUTCAST project could not be met given limitations of technology and the company's recently heightened quality standards. LucasArts is now planning to bring the game and its assets to the Game Boy Advance. Further announcements will be made in this regard next year.

"Jedi Outcast just wasn't shaping up to be as fun as we could possibly make it," said Project Administrator Kenn Hoekstra. "We hope gamers will enjoy Jedi Outcast on the Game Boy Advance as much as we have."

LucasArts remains fully committed to developing games for the PC platform, as evidenced by its current development alliances with Verant Interactive, BioWare Corporation, and other soon to be announced projects.

We wish to thank our fans for their continued support through this process and assure them that our number one goal is to provide them with high quality, super bombad games.

http://www.theforce.net/games/index.html#14754

This is a joke ya know so don't really get upset.

WHY??? First Obi Wan, now this??? I'm really starting to hate Lucasarts now!!! WHY WOULD THEY CANCEL THIS??

"...be met given limitations of technology and the company's recently heightened quality standards."

My computer can run the quake III!!!??? WHY??? What are they thinking!! Well I outta....

Oh!! It's a joke... hahahaa... got all fed up for nothing.

Actually, I read that over at theforce.net also and yea, I had a good laugh. Game Boy Advanced? :D

Originally posted by Swoosh

god, this is dumb =)

making fools out of the newbies =)

Swoosh

Well when I was over at theforce.net my heart sank for a sec until I saw that it was a joke too. I was going to post this without the little disclaimer at the bottom but that would be mean!

it is not true what you say if it was lucasarts.com whould say so not in a in weeks when the game is comeing out so get of the topic the game is comeing out and it is not coming out for gameboy only for pc what the hell whould they want to put it for gameboy it is only for pc and pc only

stop with the jokes!!!!!!!! they get me worried!!!!!!

* brings out lightsaber and ignites*

now bowen ur destiny is complete, prohecy has been fullfilled: a

man named bowen will tell a horrible joke and then a jedi will

destroy him. yes bowen ur destiny is complete now u will die

*goes over to bowen and kills him*

if anybody makes more jokes like what bowen made they 2 will

die

Originally posted by JEDI OUTCAST

it is not true what you say if it was lucasarts.com whould say so not in a in weeks when the game is comeing out so get of the topic the game is comeing out and it is not coming out for gameboy only for pc what the hell whould they want to put it for gameboy it is only for pc and pc only

:lol: He sounds like he is serious about it...

GonkH8er remember those events hurried JO, so they were great in the end

We wish to thank our fans for their continued support through this process and assure them that our number one goal is to provide them with high quality, super bombad games.

LOL :lol:

Originally posted by Jeedii_zaarinn

stop with the jokes!!!!!!!! they get me worried!!!!!!

* brings out lightsaber and ignites*

now bowen ur destiny is complete, prohecy has been fullfilled: a

man named bowen will tell a horrible joke and then a jedi will

destroy him. yes bowen ur destiny is complete now u will die

*goes over to bowen and kills him*

if anybody makes more jokes like what bowen made they 2 will

die

Ahh....is that a challange I hear from you Jeedii_zaarinn? Then JKO comes out....we shall me and I will destroy you! While I'm at it....is there anyone else who wishes to die by my Lightsabre?? :evil2:

Originally posted by matt-windu

Worst of all, the joke doesn't make any sense.

If the game can't be played on current hardware, how can it be played on gameboy advance?

Bah, I say.

It may not make much sense but it obviously worried people for a bit and that was the point. theforce.net were the instigators of the joke.

Originally posted by Bowen

I can't believe this...it's all here at theforce.net!

From LucasArts.com:

"Jedi Outcast just wasn't shaping up to be as fun as we could possibly make it," said Project Administrator Kenn Hoekstra. "We hope gamers will enjoy Jedi Outcast on the Game Boy Advance as much as we have."

If Outcast just got delayed, how the heck did RAVEN finished a GameBoyAdvance version? Haha. That killed the whole joke.

Good joke BTW.

What's a worse fate than JKO being cancelled? Well that would be LEC handing the project over to 3D Realms where for consumers, that is a software hell on Earth! Imagine a game being in eternal limbo. The eternal question of 3D Realms: When will it (input any game that's really cool made by them) be released? And here is their mission statement and the answer: When it's done! I've got no hard feelings with them personally but they have some real problems with deadlines!

Archived