Desslock

Do you RTFM?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you RTFM?

• Yes
    • No
    • As a reference
    • Whats RTFM?

I will read it while it's installing, and then I'll probably put it down and finish reading it after playing for a while. I like to read it while other people are playing too, but since I'll most likely be the only one here playing this game, I guess it will be before and after.

Oh, and how much you want to bet Silent One comes in here and says "Who cares if you read it anyway? just wait for the game!" like always? (hehe, just messing with you Silent :p)

I usually read the manual after I've played a game a million times... then whenever I'm bored I take a look at what is in the thing. I have generally found manuals to be useless, since most of it is common knowledge among gamers.

Guest Krayt Tion

For most games, no. For the DF series, I always have, because I've been eager to read an official, documented part of the game that maybe I didn't know about. Plus, I always have time between when I buy the game and install it to check it out; I've never preordered.

I never bother with the manual straight away. I'll just install the game, set my key config and start playing. I like to explore and experiment within the game to discover things, and what they do. It's all part of the fun.

I might skip through the manual after I've been playing for a while - in other words, just use it as an occasional reference, or if there's a written back-story, I'll read through that as well. :)

I always read the manual for every game I get...It gives me something to do during installation besides looking at the screens that pop up

damn sometimes i wish I hadn't looked at all those spoilers that show all the guns and force powers...it kinda takes away the excitement of finding out what all the weapons and force powers are

"wow cool look at that sniper it disintigrates guys instead of just killing them!!!"

versus,

"ok I just picked up the disruptor! If only they changed the death animation so it's not as star-trekky"

yes I'm a battle droid now!!!

Archived