Home

Computer and Video Games preview of JO(11/3/02)

Lord_FinnSon

Go check it up. Nothing much new here except few new screenshots(at least I don't remember seeing them before) and mention about built-in level editor and 20 levels(this can't be right after confirmation of 24 levels). It still once again proves, how these kind of previews lift up the anticipation of the game. :)

Fans of the original game as well as the Mysteries Of The Sith add-on may well have mixed feelings about JK2. Where Jedi Knight could be played from a third-person or first-person view, JK2 is controlled mostly from first-person perspective, apart from the lightsaber battles, which are fought using either view. Still, it's the nifty Quake III engine that powers this forceful adventure so who can blame LucasArts for sticking to what the Q3 engine does the best?

This guys don't know what they are talking about

Up to 32 players can take part in deathmatch, Capture The Flag and Free-For-All games across 12 different multiplayer maps. The good news is that you also have a degree of control over the Force powers insofar as they are available as pick-ups like any other weapon.

at the beginning they say 64 players, and they describe holocron mode as the default game...

they previous preview was "better" than this.

Why they publish a new one if they have nothing except wrong info?

also about the level editor, I doubt It'll be included, It will be available later for download, and will be unsupported

Thx for the welcome :) . They seem to be "misinformed" about alot of things.

Still, it's the nifty Quake III engine that powers this forceful adventure

Uhh, I thought it was the Q3:TA engine.

Up to 32 players can take part in deathmatch

Thought they lowered it to 16.

And if that isn't good enough for you, a built-in level editor lets you recreate any location in the Star Wars Universe.

Really? I thought they said they were not including one. Thats cool if they do though.

all 20 of the game's levels

I coulda sworn it was 24.

Fans of the original game as well as the Mysteries Of The Sith add-on may well have mixed feelings about JK2. Where Jedi Knight could be played from a third-person or first-person view, JK2 is controlled mostly from first-person perspective, apart from the lightsaber battles, which are fought using either view.

Has this guy ever played JK1?

Well that review was a waist of time but the screens were cool, so thx FinnSon :D .

BTW: Were some of the screens blury to anyone else?

Originally posted by Durendal

Uhh, I thought it was the Q3:TA engine.

You thought right :)

Thought they lowered it to 16.

16 for 56K, 32 for broadband :)

Really? I thought they said they were not including one. Thats cool if they do though.

AFAIK, no editor will ship with the game, but one will be available for download after release.

I coulda sworn it was 24.

It was the last time I looked... they must have been mis-informed again :rolleyes:

Has this guy ever played JK1?

Dunno :D

BTW: Were some of the screens blury to anyone else?

Yes - me :(

HTH :)

I thought the previewed pretty crappy of them to post this late when obviously they don't really care about the game since it is so bad.

But the screenshots are cool. The first screen shot with kyle looking up with the bowcaster in his hand is incredible. I think for the first time I am appriating the graphics and the envoirments...amazing stuff. I know I am going to piss my pants the first time i play because of the graphics compared to JK. wow..

am i alone here? Or is that screen shot amazing....probably just me.

I agree the article is poorly researched. Nevertheless the bit about fighting at the bottom of cloud city sounds pretty cool and wandering around the jedi academy watching the other jedi perform a vareity of moves has got me pretty excited.

Originally posted by Dark Bob

Is it just me, or did that guy say "two months till release" . . . I'm praying, PRAYING, that this is an old post.

Where does it say "two months". Keith Pullin (a freelance UK writer) says "With only a few weeks to go before release". And this is probably true for the UK...

However, the preview (for CVG) looks like a summary of Keith's previous preview of the game for PCZ. And that's where he got into trouble for taking about "reused levels"...

--

Grumps

Nope, that isn't from pcz. most of the time cvg's good preview's/reviews are all ripped of from pcz sicne they share the site (somthing liek that) and they blatantly put it on their site yet the only real cvg stuff has a stupid cvg thing at the bottom liek that Proving that cvg has writtne it. Hence the BS.

am i alone here? Or is that screen shot amazing....probably just me.

Yeah, it's cool, but it's exactly same place we have seen before.

29.jpg

Nonetheless, it's one of those places in the game that show how big levels can be, and here is even bigger screenshot of it, which I used to keep as my wallpaper. What comes to preview, yeah, it was rather poor and seemed to have been written already few months ago(before official confirmation of 24 levels and so on), but then "updated" with mention that the game will come out after two weeks.

For a minute there I thought this was Video Games & Computer Entertainment we were talking about.. now THAT mag kicked butt.

Wonder whatever happened to them?

As to the article:

Set several years after the first game, Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast sees Kyle Katarn return to rid the galaxy of a menace more evil than the fumes emitted by Jabba the Hutt's arse after a prawn vindaloo.

Riiiiiiiiiiight...

I see two JK2 previews on their site:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?domain=&feed=index&page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/previews/previews_story.php?id=25154

and

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/previews/previews_story.php?id=26031

I wish they'd stop asking me if I "want to become a member"

; p

What are they trying to do?

Make the game look bad?

Some (most!) of those screens are ones i've seen in other places already, only, MUCH lower quality.

such as this one:

vortal_pic_43492.jpg

What on earth did they do? Play with the brightness or something !@?

Originally posted by Lord_FinnSon

Nonetheless, it's one of those places in the game that show how big levels can be, and here is even bigger screenshot of it, which I used to keep as my wallpaper. What comes to preview, yeah, it was rather poor and seemed to have been written already few months ago(before official confirmation of 24 levels and so on), but then "updated" with mention that the game will come out after two weeks.

Hey that's the Force Christmas Tree shot :lol:

I noticed that too, I think he is getting hit by something, either force lightning or something else. It appears that a shield(probably his personal shield) of some sort is absorbing it.

Archived