Home

Look Here! GOLD!?¿

B0MBER II

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rofl......well it must be true. I bet it went gold last saturday and lucas arts and raven being the torturers they are decided not to publicly anounce it.

Well maybe a demo is on the card next week some time...we can only hope :D

rofl......well it must be true. I bet it went gold lasdt saturday and lucas arts and raven being the torturers they are decided not to publicly anounce it.

Well maybe a demo is on the card next week some time...we can only hope :D

I've been keeping up with EB (since I am buying from them) and I've noticed that they have never made a gold announcement incorrectly over the last year, they have been wrong on release dates, but they do update them as the launch gets closer, the game most definately has gone gold, I am not surprised by this at all, they are probably creating mass quantities of this game so they can make some major $$$$ at launch, the anticipation of Ep2 doesn't hurt much either, this could be one of the biggest launches in PC game hx.

Why would anyone wanna spoil the game this close to release by playing a demo? Hey, a month ago, I would've played a demo, but the game is almost out so there is no point.:)

I too believe the game went gold Saturday as GonkH8er predicted, but LA are sneaky.....

Here is what Kenn Hoekstra said on VE (http://www.ve3d.com) just a few minutes ago: "Well, I hate to do this to you but any "Gold" announcement has to come from LucasArts PR people" said Hoekstra. "Mum's the word from here, I'm afraid."

He is playing it safe. He also hinted that since it had to come from LEC than that means JO is done and is now being tested.

Here is an email that I sent to Ken Hoekstra in repy to when is JKO going to go gold and/or be released: Either way...JKO will be out at least by April 2nd at the latest I'm thinking and perhaps as early as the 25th or 28th of March.

To: 'xxx xxx' <xxxxxx@xxxxx.com>

Subject: RE: Jedi Knight II: Outcast, DOOM III & Quake IV

Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:26:49 -0600

X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.5.2653.19)

Jedi will be out soon... Should be on the shelves in the next few weeks.

As far as Quake goes, you've got it backwards, I'm afraid. Id is developing

the Doom 3 game and engine and we're using the tech for Quake IV. :)

--Kenn

Kenn Hoekstra

Project Administrator/

Director of Support Services

Raven Software Corporation

http://www.ravensoft.com/

Archived