Home

push vs. throw

Belgirion

Yeah, it's been said that you can indeed Force push a saber that's being thrown at you, so it'll fall on the floor, and thus the owner is defenceless untill her retrieves it or gets out another weapon. (must suck in a sabers only match though lol)

And nah, double sabers vs. no saber is just unfair.

Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt

Yeah, it's been said that you can indeed Force push a saber that's being thrown at you, so it'll fall on the floor, and thus the owner is defenceless untill her retrieves it or gets out another weapon. (must suck in a sabers only match though lol)

And nah, double sabers vs. no saber is just unfair.

wow... how though? The saber is thrown so fast you can't even target it in time for the Force Push...

Ok, say i can Force Push the saber back, and the saber falls to the ground. 1 saber vs. no weapon = unfair?

Another thing, you can Force Pull every weapons EXCEPT saber?

Well personally I'd probably Force jump for it lol, and then I'd be feeling evil I'd push the saber onto the floor from above lol. But then again if I see the throw coming from a mile away I could just push it or simply block it.

(hmm.. I wonder what'll happen if a saber falls over the edge of a cliff or something like that. Would the saber re-appear near the user or will the poor Jedi be without his saber untill he dies and respawns.. or will he just get a new one like in MotS if you didn't bother to retriever your saber. )

Originally posted by Harbinger

Man... if someone threw a saber at me I'd Force Push it away, double-flip w/ a Force Jump over the opponent's head, land right in front of the opponent's saber and guard it.

"You want it? Come get it." :slsaber:

or if he's pissed off enough force grip u and slam u against a nearby wall...or into that bottomless pit over there ------->

Originally posted by Harbinger

Man... if someone threw a saber at me I'd Force Push it away, double-flip w/ a Force Jump over the opponent's head, land right in front of the opponent's saber and guard it.

"You want it? Come get it." :slsaber:

You're standing inbetween him and his saber

Simple

(provided im thiknig about what a REAL jedi can do, dont know if the game can :) )

Use the force to pull the saber towards him, igniting it in mid air, tip towards your back, it goes STRAIGHT THROUGH you, back to his hands :)

you die :)

Now, i guess that wont be possible in the game, but a real jedi could do it :)

Well even making that mistake is solvable if you're fast enough, you can then force jump over him, and then make a run for your saber,or even force pulling it towards you while running at it so you have your saber about a second sooner or so. (and in a DM even a few split seconds can make the difference ^_^") but hey, just as long as you're inventive you can solve most problems. Just use the Force as your ally.

It appears to me, after viewing the trailers, that Kyle uses the force on whatever is most directly under his crosshair. The crosshair is very small making it also very precise. It will have to be precise in order to differentiate between pulling people and the gun in their hand. In the heat of battle, it'll likely require some degree of skill to pull a weapon from a mobile opponent.

Another funny thing is that it said on the zone page that pull counters push attacks and push counters pull attacks. So when you hit the pull and push buttons does it exert a constant force toward or away from you? I can't think how anyone would have reflexes fast enough to push at someone before they could pull you toward them unless the process built over an amount of time. For instance when the player presses and holds force pull exerting a contant pulling force on his opponent, the victim will be pulled toward him quickly but not instantly. Then, if said victim were to press and hold force push key, exerting a constant pushing force on and aiming it at his attacker, it would equal out the attacking pull force rendering it useless. This is the only way I can see that working, and it would actually be quite cool in my opinion.

Maybe with push, Kyle just pushes everything in front of him forward. So if a lightsaber was within his push arc, it would definitely be possible to push it out of the way without having to target it with the crosshair.

jump over the flying sabre and run right into the git who threw it, since he would be temp defenseless you could afford to get real close and force push the bloke over a cliff or something. Unless the force push dont send other players far, or move them at all.

Here is another idea. In a force game people can just force pull the saber back (rather cool i think, very much like the movies). Then again, in a no force game they would have to prolly run over it or something, which sucks. But say you lost your saber, in a force server. Then your opponent loses his. Would you be able to capture his and fight with it? Like in the end of ep 1 when obi uses qui's? I think that'd be cool. I also think, just a suggestion, in a 1v1 game, i'd be cool if you start next to eachother, and you have to grab a saber before you fight. I'm all into seeing someone grab a saber, strike, just to be barely blocked by a saber that was just force pulled. Just a suggestion.

Archived