Home

MAW in JKII?

Jedi Nizar

For the last time, that's NOT maw (I assume you're talking about the screenshot on LEC.com that shows a guy in red above a platform in a team game) that's just a guy JUMPING.

He looks NOTHING like Maw (who is an alien) and you can see his legs are tucked in front of him if you look closely. It's a normal human with two legs wearing a team-skin (notice the team scoreboards).

If the Raven guys are leaving Boba Fett, Darth Vader, and the prequel characters out of JK2 on account of "they're dead" then I would assume they would apply the same logic to a character like Maw. Would they bring him back as a clone? Who knows! We can't possibly know until the game comes out... but that's not Maw in the pic, sorry.

Originally posted by Kurgan

If the Raven guys are leaving Boba Fett, Darth Vader, and the prequel characters out of JK2 on account of "they're dead" then I would assume they would apply the same logic to a character like Maw.

Fett's not dead! Don't you pay attention?! Fett lives on forever....:fett:

Dash Rendar is not dead, believe me.

On the N64 there's a secret end, wich shows Dash alive, he jumped into hyperspace after blowing up the skyhook.

He's not dead, and somewhere i read he returns sometime later

well sometime later prolly bout 10 years.

1 - Dash Rendar is not dead, I reed the book and he succeded to hyperspace just before the explosion. But everybody thinks he's dead.

2 - Fett isn't dead yet. I know what you're saying now ! "'but we saw hin bein eating by the saarlac in ROTJ". Well, one way or an other, he gets out (even him doesn't how) and he gets rescued by Jawas. The masacre starts again !! :fett:

3 - So what about MAW. First of all, he's ugly and he's dead. PERIOD ! :evil2:

4 - That it's man, I'm done !

:dsaber:

Think about it....one of the main aspects to the game is the fact that you have Dark Jedi "reborn." I'm not giving credence to the Maw theory because he was minor schlep in the JK saga. But what about Jerec? Yes I know he was roasted by Kyle in JK, but it's possible he was reborn. That whole "I sense you, Jedi" bit in the second trail sounded oddly like our old dark jedi freaknik...

My 2 credits...

D

I really think the whole idea of "dark jedi" is stupid.

if you're an evil force user, you should be a sith... but, if that's a more exclusive thing, then i guess you're just an evil force user/saber wielder.

But Dark Jedi? Jedi are a very specific order, there can't be dark jedi... jedi means good.

*shrug*

I wonder if there are any light sith :)

Originally posted by Pipe Smoke

I really think the whole idea of "dark jedi" is stupid.

if you're an evil force user, you should be a sith... but, if that's a more exclusive thing, then i guess you're just an evil force user/saber wielder.

But Dark Jedi? Jedi are a very specific order, there can't be dark jedi... jedi means good.

*shrug*

I wonder if there are any light sith :)

It's just an expression dude...

lol

besides, in Episode I, Qui-Gon says, when he just fought Maul in the desert, on board the ship...

(obi says: "What was it?")

"I dont know, but it was well trained in the Jedi arts"

This seems to imply to me that skills with the force and lightsabers can be seen as "Jedi Arts" Clearly Maul is not a jedi, he attacks the jedi, but he is trained in the jedi arts, so i dont really think Dark Jedi is a very bad expression

lol who cares :p

Interesting point in dark jedi vs sith. Fact is Dark Jedi = Sith. The names are synonymous in the methos as far as I know. I don't really see how you can say that there is no such thing as a dark jedi. The word "jedi" has been used to describe those who weild the force as their primary weapon along with a lightsabre of course. Traditionally, a "jedi" was considered good or light side, but the force itself has two sides (obviously) and the word "jedi" could refer to one who uses the dark side of the force, but that would be too confusing. To make it easier to differentiate, we use "jedi" and "dark jedi."

D

P.S. Yes, I am bored. At work, on lunch. :D

There is a difference between Sith and Dark Jedi. Dark Jedi are just force users who use the dark side of the force. The sith was an ancient order of dark side users who had a purpose of perverting the jedi code and using it for their own means. Didnt' you ever read the jedi academy trilogy, that explained a lot with that guy who started it all, that ghost stuck in the temple, forgot his name.

I'm pretty sure that there's an explanation for this somewhere on the sw.com site, but I'll do my best to explain. The first Dark Jedi came to be via the domino effect a very long time before the movies. The Dark Jedi (originally) were good jedi, but they fell to the dark side. Several of these dark jedi wound up on the planet of Yavin 4. At the time, the planet was populated by a primative race known as the Sith. The Dark Jedi enslaved the Sith, who thought they were gods because of the power they wielded through the force. Eventually of course, the ones that stayed evil started training others in the ways of the dark side and started a whole seperate order. They decided to name their order the Sith order for several reasons, I can't exactly remember them. But I know it had to do with the race of Sith on the planet Yavin. Then there was a huge war against the Jedi Knights that lasted for a long time. The Sith now had great numbers like the Jedi and so it was quite a battle. It was known as the Sith war(duh) and the Jedi did eventually prevail and wipe out the sith. Or so they thought....

The sith survived in secret through the planning of Darth Bane, who set up the rule of two to keep the Sith from killing each other. Since killing everyone else and trying to take all the power for yourself is not conducive to a secret order of evil's survival, the rule of two was the only thing that he saw that would work. They survived that way for eons, master and apprentice. When the apprentice would exceed his Master's power(probably by killing him) he'd take on an apprentice and become the master. Finally, in Episode I, they reveal themselves.

That's the story as I remember it. I'm sure it's written on the starwars.com site somewhere. In short, since the sith and the dark jedi started out as Jedi, Dark Jedi is the term used for them. All Sith are Dark Jedi, but all Dark Jedi are not Sith. The Sith is like a cult of Dark Jedi and any jedi outside of the Sith order who does not follow the code of the light jedi is considered a Dark Jedi.

The Yavin 4 theory doesn't quite fit.

Exar Kun enslaved the massassi race, and he was a sith too.

But a Sith is a Force Sensitive, who is trained in the Jedi arts and with that uses Sith magic, however, The SITH race was not a evil race itself from the beginning.

The Sith race was a race on a planet, don't really know it but i believe it was Koriban or something like that, they also use the planet in the knights of the old republic game, that lived in peace with eachother, but on a day several "fallen Jedi" came to there planet, and started to learn from their Sith magic, what really happened to the people after the "fallen Jedi" learned the magic is something i also don't know, but thats part of the story.

as i just read the text i see it isn't really in the right order but hey i'm dutch

Archived