Home

German Test

Expandable

The new issue of the German magazin PC Action has a test of JK2 in it. JK2-World posted some infos about it:

Graphics: 88%

Sound: 93%

Multiplayer: 90%

Singleplayer: 91%

Good: perfect Star Wars atmosphere, varied missions, challenging puzzels, great lightsaber duels, cool "bosses" (not only the last one), great engine, it takes you quite some time to get through the sp-part, lots of cutscenes, good AI, MP-mode.

Bad: long loading times, very hard puzzels

Other things they mentioned:

- You will be able to controle a R5 unit to open doors while Stormtroopers are standing around

- You'll fight side by side with Luke and Lando

- Only 4 of the 13 weapons are really useful: the E11 for "normal" enemies, the sniperrifle for long range targets, the rocket launcher for Walker and, the most used weapon, the lightsaber

- On the harder skill levels, the puzzels also get harder. However, sometimes it's very difficult to find the way and there are quite a lot of buttons you have to press - and sometimes you don't know what the button you just pressed actually did.

Well, that's it. And please: If you want to post this on a news page, please mention JK2-World as the source :D;)

Originally posted by Expandable

- Only 4 of the 13 weapons are really useful: the E11 for "normal" enemies, the sniperrifle for long range targets, the rocket launcher for Walker and, the most used weapon, the lightsaber

-

long load times... well, thats what ya get with huge levels :)

And depends on comp of course... in a year, the comps will be a lot better again... And ill still be playing JO (heck maybe in 4 years still lol)

And the 4 weapons, well, i was planning on only using the lightsaber anyway

(yes i know i cant in the first few levels, lol, i'll use a stormie rifle or something)

Originally posted by TUS_Tomcat

And from actually reading at JK2 World, another thing they said was:

Yeah, I was too lazy to translate that... and after all, it's not that interesting... :D

@ Roger: You're welcome, and besides: It is a "real" REVIEW! No Preview ;) Sorry, maybe that wasn't clear enough...

Long load times ... I put that as relative to STV:EF - in particular the R&R level. Absurd amount of time to walk around and do nothing ... :(

On the other hand, I hope that the loads are more like RtCW or MoH:AA - provide a 'splash screen' with info while the load occurs. The level will likely be ready by the time you're done reading. Effective zero load time!

As for the puzzles, I agree that they should be a pain - like in Dark Forces, and JK1!

For the weapons, I have always thought 3 or 4 would be my usage: ST rifle in early areas, saber as main weapon, scoped disruptor for distance shots, and perhaps the rail for AT-ST's (rather use the saber ;) ) and/or the stun baton for early stealth.

Very glad to hear about the music ...

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

As for the puzzles, I agree that they should be a pain - like in Dark Forces, and JK1!

And if I cant solve one, I can always go here and ask for help :)

And while I wait for a reply I'll go kick some reborn ass in a bot match :D

Guest X-Vector
Originally posted by Com Raven

Well, it seems to be the longest shooter [sp-wise) for months....

That's not saying much, is it?

hard puzzles are good :D

plus, load times thats what patches are for...as long as it's not like sin lol!!!

**** that! i'll only use the lightsaber if i can :lsduel:

- On the harder skill levels, the puzzels also get harder. However, sometimes it's very difficult to find the way and there are quite a lot of buttons you have to press - and sometimes you don't know what the button you just pressed actually did.

thats good imho, harder makes it different, not just stronger and more enemies!

Well, you won't be able to use the lightsabre until the 5th level I think that's what Raven said. Unless you use cheat codes of course. If I do decide to use cheats, I will wait until I find I place that I just can't overcome but I think I'll find a way through because if a game is too easy or too hard then it's not fun anymore and that's not the goal I'm sure!

Originally posted by TUS_Tomcat

long load times... well, thats what ya get with huge levels :)

And depends on comp of course... in a year, the comps will be a lot better again... And ill still be playing JO (heck maybe in 4 years still lol)

And the 4 weapons, well, i was planning on only using the lightsaber anyway

Not necesarily, JK had huge levels and great loading times. I hope its not too bad.

About the weapons IMHO its just because the reviewer didn't find a use to them, especially in MP, most weapons have uses there.

In my opinion, Germans are very cool people.

Okay, they might have started a few world wars and invented nasty ways of exterminating people, but I think the current generation is very civilized and nice. They are up to date with civilization and paintings and stuff and down with killing people with pipes and in gas chambers.

I think we should give grudging respect to the current German community.

There were German exchange students in our German class today....very weird....ja wohl! ja wohl! If you ask me about the Germans when i was 4, I'd tell you they are Nazi's...

to Eternity: I think they started all the world wars :lol::)

Long Loading Time? That's a con and get minus points for it?!

Hard Puzzle? More challenging missions!

I'd give JK2 100% :)

The long loading times are only going to happen if you crank up your detail settings higher than your system can handle (texture swapping/thrashing will slow down loading times, even our quick reloads). If you notice long load times, turn down the texture detail.

As far as weapon usefulness, it all depends on how much thought you put into the game and what your playing style is. For example, the DEMP2 is *excellent* against mechanical things and droids but pretty useless against living things, the bowcaster is good for a group of people or bank shots, the detpacks andf tripmines are good for people who like to set traps, thermals are good for taking out a group of people indirectly, etc, etc. I don't expect any one player to regularly use all the weapons, but they're still all there so different kinds of players will have the weapons that appeal to them.

Archived