Home

Will JK2 run on a Voodoo 5?

[xeno]DarkStar

Originally posted by KRHJEDI

ok...i have a V5 and tried using the Wicked GL trick....renaming the exes and what not.....when i try to start the game....the glsetup command window comes up then I get a popup dialog that says error. anyone know what the problem is?

u shouldnt really rename the exe's, use my tip on the previous page and add the game into wickedgl's game list

[edit] and get the latest drivers from http://www.x3dfx.com

im running the game on W98SE, 800athlon, V5500 AGP, 512MB RAM, x3dfx drivers, wickedgl...... ZERO problems!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This makes me so angry all those people saying how slow and old voodoo 5's are, there the idiots that are running or have seen 1 on slow as 800mhz system im running an athlon 1.333 @1.5ghz and 256meg cas2 ddr ram and im getting 2700 on 3dmark 2001 i have a gf2 32megddr and that only gets 2550, running the v5 on my 866p3 yields only 1800 3dmarks so before you people underestimate the power of a v5 try running it in something with a bit of power and u might get a shock

I actually came here to let you people know that you can run this game properly if you use wickedgl, i was forced to find a way when i found that the game wont load past the cutscene with dessan and luke fighting, now i already had quake3 installed running the wicked gl frivers so i pinched the wickedgl open gl file, but what u can do is get wickedgl from http://www.voodoofiles.com "the old free version 1b31"

then make a fake quake3 folder make a baseq3 folder in that and put any old exe in there and name it quake3.exe and install the driver there then put it in your jk2 folder and it runs sweeeeeet, after all the wgl driver is made to run voodoo cards and opengl driver in jk2 is made to run nvidia cards

Ok, so I did the wickedgl thing...

I downloaded the demo version and tried it with MOHAA... It worked, once!

Now on start up I have the usual press c to continue but when I try to start a new game MOHAA minimises and my PC wants to connect to the internet???? I tell it not to and then try to restore the game, I get the press c to continue, done, but then it crashes??

Any ideas?

Cheers

Originally posted by LightningBaron

u shouldnt really rename the exe's, use my tip on the previous page and add the game into wickedgl's game list

[edit] and get the latest drivers from http://www.x3dfx.com

im running the game on W98SE, 800athlon, V5500 AGP, 512MB RAM, x3dfx drivers, wickedgl...... ZERO problems!

What program did you use to edit the .cfg file? I copied your

lines into it and I couldnt get wickedgl to run at all.

Hey Recoil I have the answer to ur mohaa conneting to the internet!

Just right-click on internet explorer and choose properties then choose the conntions tab. Then select the never dial a connection option click apply then ok. When you are finished playing mohaa if you have to use the internet the just change it back to always dial my default connetion.

Now whats this about wickedGL.......

My Voodoo 4 sucks!

System specs:

Windows ME

AMD Athlon 1.2Ghz

128Mb SDRAM

32Mb Voodoo 4 4500 AGP

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Ive been begging my dad to buy me a GeForce but he wont buy any new grphics card so I thought I was stuck with my voodoo 4 and an eternity of probs but coz of you i downloaded wickedGL and i used it on mohaa and i can now see the movies. Also I can run mohaa on 1024x768 16-bit Extra high detail everything up to full at about 30fps which is great coz without wickdGL it was unplayable!

Thanks alot i am now going to try it with JK 2!

Just wanted to say thanks for the wickedgl tips etc....

Thanks Mr.Kill, fingers crossed everythings OK. Hope your dad relents!!!

I am still running a Voodoo3 and I should get GEForce or something, some of my friends have and theyre really beginning to .... me off! Better save up....

Cheers

Recoil

Does WickedGL fix the blurry-ness that I have?

I have no problem running the game, except trying to load saved games after I have died.

I see Sky, I see Land, I see all the textures.

The Main Menu words are blurry and so is the captions in the cut-scenes.

Thanks

I also want to add my thanks for the WickedGL tip. Once I realized the correct files to add it to (jk2sp.exe and jk2mp.exe), the game has been running like a dream. I can view all the cutscenes, the loadtime does not take as long, I can load saved games more than once and my computer does not crash.:)

I am running -

Voodoo5

PIII 800mhz

384 ram

Mouthpiece

Well i dont have a v5.. My friend does..

and i went to this forum many times 2 look for solutions 2 fix his problem. his problem is that he cant see the words.. its like @@$$!@@#$$% or something like that.

He running a Voodoo5 on WinXP..

can some1 plz help me.. so i can help him..

He tried using drivers from x3dfx.com or voodoo files..

and it hasnt help. he tried copying the files opengl.dll , and etc into gamedata.. and nothing has change. Maybe i am missing something..

I WANT 2 HELP HIM..

h_luuluu@hotmail.com .. email me or post a reply if u can help me so i can help him..

A special thanks to dansolo and UrzaTRI for their tips on using WickedGL to play Jedi Knight. I almost returned the game to EBworld b/c I didn't want to go buy a Geforce.

I really appreciate it!!

The game runs like a champ on my Voodoo 5500. Cutscenes are perfect, great gamma, absolutely flawless!

take it easy...:)

Hey All, i'm running on a Voodoo3 3000 and the game will run fine for a little while then it just crashes back to windows, no blue screen nothing, just zip and i'm back at the windowns desktop. I've done the WickedGL thing and i still seem to have the problem. Any ideas??

Just wanted to say thanks to those who gave the WickedGL tips. I'd downloaded the drives from http://www.x3dfx.com and that hadn't fixed my problems, but WickedGL fixed everything. No more crashes, I could watch the cutscenes, and I can finally play more than one or two multiplayer matches before it crashes. Thank you thank you thank you. :)

Rob/NiteOwl

I use a Voodoo 5 5500 AGP card. JKII runs fine except it doesn't seem to want to play the Lucas Arts logo animation or the Star Wars movie intro at the start of the game. All other cutscenes do play and I haven't detected any other glitches other than that when you do a quickload, you won't get a screenshot of the saved game, you get some weird looking thing. But the game itself runs and plays fine.

mr_batty,

I had the same exact issues you have with my setup. The game ran, but no startup sequences and weird video saved games.

I installed the Wicked GL driver and followed the instructions and it runs great! No problems.

Before my Voodoo 5, I had a Geforce DDR card. That thing would lock up so fast. But that voodoo card is stable, stable, stable. I am going to be so sorry, when I finally have to give it up. With the WickedGL, I get to keep it a little longer.

Slim,

Have any of you guys had problems with heat when using WickedGL? My overheat alarm has been going off while playing JKII. I've never had that problem before until I started using Wicked... I went out and bought a new heatsink and fan, but that didn't seem to help.

Any ideas?

I have my old pc in my son's room: AMD K62/500, 256ram, voodoo 3 2000. I was getting garbled lettering in MP so I tried most of the stuff on this page. I did not do the renaming senario because most seem to think that is unnecessary. What worked for me was to open the Wicked 3d file folder and copy the opengl32.dll driver and put it in the Outcast folder. I notice there was not one there already, only the openAl32.dll driver? I created a new folder to keep that in just in case. Seemed to work fine. I will test fps with this against the hi-res wicked driver, but i assume on this pc the regular will be best. ;)

:lsduel:

Thanks to everyone for these wickedgl tips. The game is running nearly perfectly now, there's only one problem I still have. I can't see the sky. Even after attempting the sky fixes already posted here I'm still unable to see anything. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be greatly apprecited. And BTW, great job on making an excellent post to everyone who has contributed!

I loaded Dozer 1.1 off of 3dfx.com a couple for days ago and I finaly got the intitial cut screens of jk to work. But when the game came to a screen with a star field it freezes, solid. I have tried tweaking the 3dfx tools kit I downloaded and cannot get the thing to work. So I will try the wickedgl as soon as I get home tonight.

Wish me luck and many thx.:cool:

help me please before i put a bullet in my head:mad:

I have a voodoo 5 5500 agp running on xp.Well before I tried some of this stuff I couldn"t even get this game to open up without it freezing up my computer.Now after trying the wickedgl thing it opens but I dont get the scenes and when the start screen comes up the words are so distorted I dont know where to go

This wickedgl thing worked great with mohaa though.What drivers are you using.

Archived