Home

I Saw It in the Store Today! *NOT WHAT YOU THINK...*

Hoth

I just got confirmation by email.

The distributor in Australia is Activision (normally the distributor here for Lucas products is Electronic Arts).

Chances are we'll get it tomorrow or at worst within a few days.

What sort of idiot would say we are making this up? lol. It's a GAME for God's sake. Is it really such a big affront to your ego that someone else gets it a few days before you?

I'll be thinking of LordRikerQ while I'm playing it tomorrow LOL :)

Hoth

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dont believe everything you hear, our friends from down under are lying. USA Gets it first and besides it wouldnt be $99 in Australia unless they had it imported from EBGames.com or something.

oh get over yourself, every australian on this board has said it

it is also what i am hearing from teh 7 eb's i've rang today let go of your ego and be happy for the people who COULD get it before the US geeze :evanpiel:

In a situation like this, there is only one thing to do. Listen to Yoda.

:yoda: - Mmmm, hard to see the distributor is. The down-under-side clouds everything. Tomorrow, know for certain we will.

And, if Australia does get it first, there are always the mighty words of Guybrush Threepwood to consider.

:guybrush: - I wanna be a PIRATE!

Originally posted by Osyrus

Gee, having it before the US and paying an extra 50 dollars for it...sounds like a winner to me.

FFS - does no one read previous posts??

its not an extra $50 - $99 is normal price for newly released games in aus. plus, $99 is the equivilant to $50 US - its just that our economy is crap, so our dollar is worth less.

Originally posted by Osyrus

Thanks for the history lesson. Back to topic, getting it before the US has no bearing on whether or not you will be good at the game. So in reality, who cares?

who said anything about competiton? its mainly about getting a quality game sooner then expected which is a positive.

firstly - that wasn't a history lesson, that was a lesson on the present - but anyway.

This thread is all about when the game will be released in aus - hence it has a lot to do with getting it before the US. Plus it just proves what everyone already knew, that Australia is better the USA :D (*prepares to be flamed*:p)

As for who cares?? erm - everyone hanging out to buy the game down here cares

hehe....australia getting the game 1st? Seems a bit odd. Maybe thast the country were all the packaging and CD's were produced so it makes sense to release it there 1st if thats the case. I can only hope my pre-order here in the UK arrives soon :D

eb.watergardens.victoria.australia - "itll be instore tomorrow at 12pm" - "to buy?" - "yes"

eb.sydneysomewhere.australia - "it should be in tomorrow but thats not 100%"

so i guess we'll find out in about 16hours or less :)

and americans stop getting so jealous we play the game far better than you guys so its justice muhahahahah, whatever the case it looks like well be getting it way before the official release date

:amidala:

You are all forgetting the one major factor into Australia getting the game first: We have a smaller market. The master CD's are shipped over here, we burn the copies, whack em in a box and distribute them. Considering the population difference, last time I checked America had 300,000,000 ppl (correct me if im wrong..) and Aus had 20,000,000 ppl. That means you guys need about 15 times the amount of copies until it gets in store - that would take a quite considerable amount of time.

And for those saying "australian cant get the game first americas the best wahh", grow up. There are other countries than your own, that they have feelings too. :)

I'm gonna go to a.....local illegal store of pc games....u know....they cost half a dollar each there [ i'm NOT joking!!!! ].....

and check if they have it.They allways get games very quickly.I'll ask them on any info they have for JO..Just wait ;)

If all that was said is true ... then I think I'll have the game today :-)))))

'Tis a good store ;))))))))) :p:cool::rolleyes::)

yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo!!!!!!

Archived