Home

I Saw It in the Store Today! *NOT WHAT YOU THINK...*

Hoth

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would be AWESOME, but i'm skeptical. But it if was true, maybe this would confirm the other rumor from my local EBX employee that they shipped the game on monday or something like that and that it could come out earlier than the 28th. See my forum post about it here.

Yeah and I posted about getting Outlaws (kick ass game) early. Veru early from babbages. Outlaws as you all know is a LEC product. I called tech support cause the game didn't work and they asked where I got the game from because i had it so early. It was in a box behind the counter at babbages.

We have been hearing Austrailia's date is the 22nd for some time now so maybe - who knows -- we've heard a lot of rumors in the 4 years we've been wating for this game.

It all sounds very suspicious to me too :eyeraise: . It's all a conspiracy I tell you!!!

Seriously though, just a couple of points I feel I should raise.

1) Maybe the game is out earlier than planned. It would make sense that the first batches would arrive in Australia before anywhere else if they are going for an international release a week earlier. After all, Australia sees Friday the 22nd before us other countries (damn these bloody things called time zones!!)

2) A good way to check would be for people in other countries to ring / go to their game stores tomorrow (the 21st) and see if they have received shipments of the game early. After all, for most of you USA guys who have checked since this post, it's still the 20th.

3) Don't discount the possibility that what you saw/touched was a display box (although I believe that retailers will often get the actual game the same time as these display boxes unless they are purely for advertising purposes). Plus, the people you've talked to may well be cretins as has already been suggested :D

4) Who publishes LEC games in Australia - is it Activision rather than LEC? If so, it may be that the distributor in Australia got the earliest batches of the game - after all, they must have made a substantial number of copies/boxes etc. already since going gold. It's possible that the Australian distributor got the some of the earliest batches and decided to get the game out onto the shelves early.

Anyway, if it is out early - good for you. Just remember, we want details people ;) ! If it's not going to be out in the UK till next week (as may well be the case as all the games stores near me have had their weekly deliveries - no JK here this week!), I'm going to have to find an Australian e-tailer who exports to the UK quickly!

EDIT: Just a further though. Was this box you saw shrink-wrapped?

Originally posted by darky

Metal Gear Solid 2 came out in the United States much earlier than it did in Japan. That was a shocker to many.

Japanese version and US version? Two different places to publish? Two different company doing two different versions? I don't know...But I know Australia people speak English...:)

Hmm, this is indeed an interesting development. I suppose we'll only know for sure tomorrow. If it is released there tomorrow, and it has already been shipped as far as Australia(far from the factories, since it's an american game and produced in america) then America may also have hope for an early release. I doubt that the game will truly be available to the public anywhere in the world this week though. But I suppose stranger things have happened.

Hmmm, this just doesnt make sense at all. It was made in America therefore it will have the American language. Then the local verisons should come afterwards. Therefore meaning that the American version would release first, or at least a world wide release on the same date. But the other way around??? Oh well, pay day is tommorrow and I'll be headed to my local Babbages, and Best Buy just in case, so thanks for the heads up ;)

/me crosses fingers :)

i highly doubt that the game would be released in australia before america, also stores will often get copies of game boxes and put them in stores as a promotional thing, if they had the game in the store why would the guy say maybe thell be on sale tomorrow? im sure if u slipped him 5 bucks or something they would sell u a copy then and there, trust me i used to work there and i did it tons of times :) so either this is an australian joke or jsut a promo thing for australian eb.....

Archived