Home

I Saw It in the Store Today! *NOT WHAT YOU THINK...*

Hoth

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So either due to massive wishful thinking and rumor mongering, or bad marketing ploys by a certain retailer.... the hopes of many in this thread were unfounded.

Oh well.. suffice to say we can all be playing the game after the 29th for certain...

Kurgan, gotta disagree... After I posted, i was going to a metropolitan city, and I checked the Electronics Boutique in there. They said they would have it, Sat. the 23.

Since I'm already going that day, i'm gonna stop by and get the game. (if I can convince my parents to go there.)

So... With any luck, I'll be playing Sat. afternoon.

:smirk2:

:laughing:

I think Kurgan meant that come the 29th anybody who wants the game will either already have it or will be able to get it.

If you do get it be sure to let us know how it is. Just bring some evidence to the party since there is extremely low tolerance around here for people who make claims of owning the game with no proof. Good luck on sat.

*cough* Tuesday...well, according to Burwood EB after I rang them up this afternoon. HN are still saying they'll get in tomorrow, but since when did games ship on weekends? Probably better that it's been delayed...so I can actually study for my exam this weekend :p I wouldn't be surprised if it was a marketing ploy, the guy in HN was blatantly trying to get me to pre-order it.

Either way, I got this Freedom Force demo to play over the weekend, guess I'm still gonna fail my exam.

Guest SF_Killer

Dam!

I know that since 5 days ago!

but I didn't know where to send this message to!

I only put it on the comment place in JKII.net!

but now I know where to post I can post something earlier to tell everyone!

me so sorry people that I didn't remember about this messageboard!

I ask the Eletronics guy in Carlingford!

and he had all these record of new release!

so cool!

The game is proberly out now!

if not than tomorrow!

must buy it as soon as possible before sold out!

I wonder how many copys are shiped to australia!

There were no lies, deceit or deliberate intentions to mislead from me or the other Aussie posters here who also rang EB stores.

EB categorically stated that today was the day of release.

They are liars.

Hoth

i talked to a games shop (i think it was eb..didnt take much notice) in warringah Mall near manly (Sydney, Australia) and they said any day now an i said what? Saturday or Monday and they just said yeah.

people who r saying these reports r lies or BS r being blatently bitter and jelous about a freakin game.

i would hazzard a guess that the copies we get in aus arent burnt in america and shipped over but rather a master disk is sent here and then mass produced locally either in Australia or a close Asian neighbour.

the initial batch produced here would have to be much smaller then that in america before widespread release, which would explain an earlier release date.

-patch

I think that JKII might be released sooner than the release date that was said because if you go to the pre-order JKII link on the JKII site you will see that the release date of when they get the game is on the 27. I have no doubt that it could come out even sooner if that is true. Just my two cents.

P.S.

I just signed up for this board and I hope to post here often. I will be buying JKII at the first chance I get so I hope to be playing you guys soon...

Ok after all this bickering ive decided to post my 2 cents. First if Ausiess get the game before us so what, there is nothing we can do to stop it. We (in the US) should be happy for their good fortune. And like it was said earier we all will be playing in a few days anyway so put a sock in it.:D

Ok guys!! The LEC website is updated. The say that rumors about a delay is just a lie. (and I would suspect the same thing with an early release in Australia). According to LEC. if you pre-ordered the game from them, you should expect it to arrive between March 27th and the 29th. It all depends on your local post office. If you post office kick ass......then you will have it on the 27th, otherwise, it will either be there on the 28th or the 29th. You can also pay an extra fee, and have it shipped with UPS and have it delivered to your door on the 27th.

(If there is a Jedi Knight Outcast game being released in Australia on the 22nd or23rd, then it is made by another company than Raven Software and LEC, and it will probably suck!!)

It's hard for us to keep up with all the people posting rumors and their own wishful guessings as fact and getting people excited...

Suffice to say the game won't be out for a few more days yet (despite what EB says)... so you can all relax.. This thread will be closed to help cut down on the glut of these kinds of posts. ; p

Kurgan

Archived