Home

I Saw It in the Store Today! *NOT WHAT YOU THINK...*

Hoth

Went to Electronics Boutique at Hurstville (Sydney, Australia) and the box was there along with the $99.95 price tag. The box looks pretty cool.

The guy at the counter confirmed for me that it will be available tomorrow Aussie time.

Hoth

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, according to the EB guy. I physically touched the box (it's black with the blue light saber logo thing on the front) and he confirmed for me tomorrow.

He's a sales assistant. He could be wrong. I'm hoping he isn't. :)

Hoth

Well, i went to my local EB (Highpoint, Melbourne, Australia) today just to see if these rumours for an early release were true. And yes - i saw the lovely black JO box there too :) I talked to the guy there (who seemed to know what he was on about) and he said that it will "hopefully" be available tomorrow (the 22nd). i thanked this guy and left, seeking more confirmation. I went down to another store, that usually gets games in early (standard computers, altona, melbourne) and the chick there said there was no such game arriving for PC, but a title was coming out soon for PS2 (riiiiiiiiight). i backed away slowly and talked to someone else who said the same thing as EB! that it would be on sale TOMORROW!!

I dunno how i'd be able to prove this - but i'm definatly gonna call up tomorrow and, if the game is there, buy the thing :)

-Perkz-

Welcome Hoth

You touched a real box or a demo one?

edit:

welcome perkz too!

You may be telling the truth. If It's true the game went gold at least a week before we were told I guess

We can only wait, but I still doubt it, why would all the American websites be saying they will shipp around the 29th?

It was a REAL box. There was about 12 of them all with price labels on them.

I just got off the phone to the distributors for this region. A lady will be emailing me later today to confirm the Australian release. It's important to me because I pre-ordered online with EB and that will cost me twice as much as getting it here locally and sooner!

Hoth

Originally posted by perkz

Well, i went to my local EB (Highpoint, Melbourne, Australia) today just to see if these rumours for an early release were true. And yes - i saw the lovely black JO box there too :) I talked to the guy there (who seemed to know what he was on about) and he said that it will "hopefully" be available tomorrow (the 22nd).

-Perkz-

Tomorrow is the 21st. Friday is the 22nd.

This is a fasle alarm, no way JO will be out a week early.

Haha..once again, wishfull thinking.

Its out in most countrys on the 28-29th. Please dont put out rumors of a tomorrow release.

Aint going to happen. Those demo boxes are all over the US since weeks btw. Means nothing and most sales people know less about computer games then the guy working next door at Foot locker.

Wow, that would be freaky if all this is true. I'm curious about one thing though, why would they release the game to Australia a week earlier than they plan to release to their major markets. Those being U.S., Canada and Europe, I don't see it making much business sense but who knows, weirder things have happened. Can't think of any right now but I'm sure they've happened. :D

Originally posted by Generique Fin

Tomorrow is the 21st. Friday is the 22nd.

This is a fasle alarm, no way JO will be out a week early.

Thank you :) Glad to hear that :)

Maybe it's a preorder box...like I saw in BestBuy for C&C: Renegade....($10 off or something)

ok wtf made in ******* AMERICA NO OTHER COUNTRY SHOULD GET IT FIRST BUT US!!!!! sorry australian d00ds

wuts funny is this, I call up my local babbages and I am like, hey when is jedi outcast coming out? I heard it might be out tomorrow and he goes oh no it was pushed back I am like WTF! then he goes yeah the release date is march 28th I am like..........hehe thx!

[Edit - Stormy - the friendly neighbourhood manual-censor guy ]

:) yeah, it's true. Just so happens that hugh jackman, mel gibson, heath ledger and russel crowe are all hufe JK fans and pulled a few strings. Paul hogan tried too, but he got laughed at.

Seriously though. Was there a slight weightlessness to the boxes and you simply attributed it to all the iron you've been pumping? Or was there a cd inside?

Archived