Home

Bug reports/tweaking suggestions here!!!

Lord_FinnSon

I still haven't got my own copy of JK2, but after reading different threads through looks like some of you have already found minor "issues" that needs to be fixed or then they have just mistaken to believe they are bugs. That's why I thought it would be helpful to start a specific thread where everyone could leave their reports of possible bugs or tweaking suggestions for Ravenites to check up and people who have had same kind of problems could reply, if they have come up a solution to fix them up. I believe this would clear out many uncertain things during these first hectic days. ;)

good post.

Alright. Frist off. The clouds do not move. very lame. The guns aren't balanced that will in muiltiplayer. The reapter gun takes out anyone. And the force jump is more like force fly on the highest level. I never knew that jedis could fly :confused:

The only compaint i have so far is a tiny, small, petty complaint, the Thermal Detonator 1st person animation is not really there, if you saw the german giga movies, you will know what i mean, they seem to just "pop out" but thats not a big deal to me at all :)

Awesome game ;)

Clouds not moving? CLOUDS NOT MOVING? GOOD GOD!

But seriously, I couldn't care less. There are people with more serious problems like trying to get the game to run, than to complain about static clouds.

I want to be able to play the game on my PC.

Right now it is unbearably slow, even setting down the details doesn't help.

Maybe this has something to do with the Radeon and/or Windows XP. Every other Quake 3-engined game runs fine (Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Medal of Honor).

If so, I hope they fix in a patch.

My System:

Athlon 1 GHZ

512 MB PC 133 RAM

ATI Radeon 64 ViVo (Drivers: 6052)

Soundblaster Live Value

Plextor Plexwriter 12/10/32A

Creative DVD-ROM

IBM 30 GB Harddisk

Windows XP

Here's my sys:

Athlon@1000mhz (266)

256mb of ram@133mhz

Geforce2 MX (slightly oc'd)

I run the game at 1024x768@32bit color depth

High textures, high everything and it runs alright.

It gets pretty choppy in some spots.

One thing I've noticed is that in 3rd person view things seem much more bearable smoothness wise.

My guess would be a simple vid card upgrade would help smooth things out for me (that and running in 16bit color depth, but it looks nasty).

One thing to note, RTCW ran much better on my sys. But the levels were also no where near as large as the ones in this game.

Lord_Darkmoon and PimpusOlympus, you didn't include your mainboards as many things depends on them as well. I can't give any other advices than downloading latest possible drivers for your graphics cards and mainboards(don't forget AGP drivers as well), shutting down all other running programs except Explorer and Systray(ctrl+alt+del) before playing and perhaps even going so far as specifying virtual memory settings all by yourself(Minimum: double the amount of your currect memory & Maximum: triple the amount of your current memory).

i dunno if its a bug but u cant use the force on troopers in the water in the SP, which sucked

also in the sp you cant aim properly with the atst because it takes up too much screen space (it shoulda been in 1st person perspective..proberly would've been extra work for raven...hmmmmmm)

also the last boss was too easy

they should release addon levels soon that dont have so many annoying puzzles (i dont hate puzzles, but every bleedin' level had a section where u could be stuck for ages...bad for game flow)

-patch

not just addon levels but they should make an mp level where u can use at st's and after 1 gets destroyed it would regenerate like 50 seconds later also dont use the fly x-wing cheat it crashes the game or atleast it did me

1: bug sometimes the load game selected isn't the load game loaded.

2:Enhancement needs to be like JK1 fire to load last save

3:When i tried to play on Jedimaster ( besided only being able to havd 50 health comeon!!!) whenever i would die there would be 2 Kyles. 1 dieing and 1 just standing there.

overall it is very similar to JK1.. the only thing i dislike ( and only on level 1 which is nice and long ) is the way the firing of the storm trooper rifle is.. but then i found the secondary fire and its ok now.. hehehe

Here's some things I noticed after playing multiplayer

-You can tell when you get someone in grip (I like to see that it's working - I liked how it was done in JediKnight with the target appearing and the gripping sound - I also like where it actually says you're using the force power

- There's nothing that says what saber style you're on when you are switch - After pressing L you have to compare swing speeds to see if you're in the light, medium or heavy stance.

These aren't bugs but things that were overlooked and easily fixed

If the game shuts down abnormally for whatever reason (e.g. you press the Windows key and go back to the desktop), its process isn't terminated. You have to go into XP's Task Manager and manually terminate the jk2sp.exe or jk2mp.exe process or else you'll have 100% CPU usage.

I'm not entirely sure if this is a game issue or WinXP issue, but I noticed it after accidentally dropping to the desktop during an SP session, then going back in and everything being really slow, menus included.

A) Ability to drop weapons.

I prefer cycling weapons over choosing the # at the top, i'll like to be able to keep my inventory smaller if i choose

B) Some quick chat

Team work is rather pathetic right now, a few commands like "can anyone get the enemy flag", or "Defending" type stuff would help teamwork.

i have a bug..probably more driver issue.

i have a logitech wheel mouse with current drivers/mouse software. in the game my wheel up/down doesnt work. it is default and even if i try to reset it the wheel spins but it doesnt register...other than that its fine.

like the game a lot already for just the little i played..good ai compared to a lot of other games...just hate the wobble when ducked..it feels normal standing up and running, but seems to fast when ducked.

also got kicked out of mp due to some error..but have only tried once...think some parser error or something..i forget..still, great game so far.

Creep

I just noticed that in MP the bots are nearly impossible to duel with. Once they're hurt they just start walking backwards until they're out of your sight. I've tried using different characters and diff settings, but they keep doing this.

About my sys, I've got an iwill kk266 mobo and all sys drivers are up to date (though I may have missed a via-4in1 update). I've also tweaked the heck out of WinXP. So I'm pretty sure my somewhat bad frame rates are just the result of a dated vid card.

edit: oh, and I've got that same wheel issue with my logi mouse as well. It's an ifeel optical model...

Archived