Home

Trade/Fed & house's

Gungan_Reble

in normal games, the need to not build any prefab shelters does help in the short and long run. But do realize that you start with less carbon and you collect carbon slower than everyone else. So, the best is to have more workers collecting carbon than you would with another race. You can justify this since you don't need to have the 50 carbon to build each shelter. Also have a few more workers farming to offset the extra food cost for the additional workers.

I just played the with the trade feds last night and i think they will be my civ forever. no prefabs means more workers which means more resources which means more tech levels & troops. i put a pretty good raid on the computer with just 10 troops after about 10 mins of playing and destroyed about 1/2 their civ. i like them alot.

later

Originally posted by redfirebird97

I just played the with the trade feds last night and i think they will be my civ forever. no prefabs means more workers which means more resources which means more tech levels & troops. i put a pretty good raid on the computer with just 10 troops after about 10 mins of playing and destroyed about 1/2 their civ. i like them alot.

later

Hey red, that's good to hear man glad you are enjoying

the game ;)

TF are comparable to Huns in AOK.. They have less wood (carbon) to start with, sort of as a compensation for the head start.

Some people use houses as a wall.. not having them can be a big disadvantage that way.

I'll see if TF are as good a rush-civ as they are claimed to be.. will be playing them this weekend.

Well, House walls arn't that big a factor anymore because of the Air units...with the drop and smack tactic, walls don't matter much at all...

TF are just a bit...weakish for me...their Unique Unit just isn't all that good until you get to Tech 4 and you can research Hvy. Droidekas...until then they just seem like expensive repeater troopers or strike Mechs...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Supreme Warlord

Trade Federation is one of the best Civ i ahve seen so far. Their Destroyer Droids totally kicks butt. Nobody can stand up to it. Cant believe they dissed my favorite civs...;)

• 2 weeks later...

The game is really well balanced. As such, for each advantage there is a corresponding disadvantage. The Trade Federation needs not build any houses. This helps, especially if you are a beginner, you don't keep getting the 'you need more houses' error message -- heheh, even us veterans screw up and see that sometimes :). However, you also collect carbon more slowly. This counter-acts the advantage. Similarly, the Trade Federation has good unique units and good mechs, but they are weak on Sith/Jedi power, and very, very weak on air power. Hence, as someone who *loves* to use air power and Jedi/Sith power, the Trade Federation is rather far down my list of preferred civilizations. But that's all a matter of taste.

In any event, no prefabs helps in some ways and the disadvantage hurts in others. In all, it's balanced quite well, and you can win (or lose) with any of the 6 civilizations.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived