Home

Curbing Jedi tendencies

Cassiel_Blaize

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is incredible that no one knows what I'm talking about when I play JK2 online and just before a duel type "I see your schwortz is as big as mine. Let's see how well you defend of it". I hardly get a reply from players when I try and strike up a conversation. Is it me, or are the majority of people online just not that sociable?

As for the Walt Disney aspect of Star Wars, you can be assured I'll be on Endor making rugs out of their furry behinds.

haha....i know what you're saying FWB. no one talks, they're all too busy with their cheap kills. personally, i'll try and talk and occasionally get a convo going, but yeah mostly they're all anti-social :) . god bless heavy repeaters though....i'm undefeatable with one of them.

Originally posted by FWB

It is incredible that no one knows what I'm talking about when I play JK2 online and just before a duel type "I see your schwortz is as big as mine. Let's see how well you defend of it". I hardly get a reply from players when I try and strike up a conversation. Is it me, or are the majority of people online just not that sociable?

As for the Walt Disney aspect of Star Wars, you can be assured I'll be on Endor making rugs out of their furry behinds.

yeah... the ones that did not see spaceballs have no culturall background... you have to have seen Spaceballs... it is a MUST!

Originally posted by Gaalgoth

haha....i know what you're saying FWB. no one talks, they're all too busy with their cheap kills. personally, i'll try and talk and occasionally get a convo going, but yeah mostly they're all anti-social :) . god bless heavy repeaters though....i'm undefeatable with one of them.

I've never really played MMRPGS (well I had a go at UO for all of a week), but I hope the social aspect is a bit more involving. No matter what I'm doing I love to converse with people, even if it is just a few humourous comments during my brief times online.

Originally posted by Wraith 8

yeah... the ones that did not see spaceballs have no culturall background... you have to have seen Spaceballs... it is a MUST!

I'm not much of a Mel Brooks fan, but it certainly is a neat picture, and a classic. I can still remember the first time I watched it.

In my mind there were 2 Mel Brooks films that were just hilarious. Space Balls and Robin Hood Men In Tights.

Hell, I just love the subtitle of Men in Tights. "The legend had it comming".

Hiya

I'm sure I read somewhere that rising to become a jedi isn't an automated process. I read this to mean that aspiring jedi will be lead by a real person. If this has been discussed before i'd like to hear more about it.

I find it very amusing to see people creating Jedi PA's like they can just choose it as a career right from the start menu :).

This is what CGW says: "The officer will then ask what your professions is. Novice players can choose from basic templates (roles like farmer, soldier, or dancer), which automatically allocate the required starting skills. If you're a more advanced player, you can skip these templates and allocate the skill points yourself. Actual profession names are still being finalized, but expect options ranging from smuggler to chef." The officer thingy in the beginning is there because apparently the character creation screen will be like a customs officer. Anyways, if you're interested, as you progress through the game things like your health never change. This means that a crazy bounty hunter and a chef will have the same amount of life, species benefits aside, and so it will be easier to play with high characters when you are a new character because you will have the same amount of life. I thought that was cool, so I threw it in as well.

Welcome gavor. I agree, its downright funny to see all these jedi and dark jedi PAs popping up. So often I've wanted to smack some of these people upside the head and tell them to go play Jedi Outcast if they want to be a Jedi that bad.

We really know nothing about the process for becoming a Jedi. Anything you hear is speculation. The developers have been very quiet about the path to being a Jedi.

Thanks for the welcome. Everyone enjoys a polite forum. :).

Like everyone else I'd be very happy if one of my characters exhibited force sensitivity. BUT, i'm not after a flashy lightsaber or special powers, it'd just be fun. I've played Jedi Outcast and got myself a fill of jumping, saber wielding goodness. I'm dying to play SWG for the Star Wars experience.

Years ago, someone from Lucasarts gave an interview saying basically they'd love to do a game like SWG but they were waiting for the technology. From that day i've been waiting and waiting. I'm not planning on being a famous bounty hunter or a renowned smuggler, I'm just planning to have fun. And hopefully buy a ship to fly around in. :x-wing::D

i doubt if becoming a jedi will be as difficult as you guys think it will. well, not in the sense you guys seem to say. as theyve said, anyone can be a jedi. no skill, no randomness, just desire. anyone that wants to be a jedi will probably be able to be a jedi. ANYONE. but the trick is all the things that will make everyone not want to be a jedi. as you guys have mentioned, there will be COUNTLESS people out to kill the jedi, which is a huge downside. but the real chaser will be that itll be rare to find someone willing to take the time to become one. im thinkin that itll take anywhere from 100-250 hours. and thatll be for the training. i bet its gonna be the most tedious work ever too. not hard, just a pain. of course there will be that intro mission to becoming a jedi that you have to see or youll miss your chance. but as for your power as a jedi, it wont have a random midichlorian count, everyone will have the same general "force sensitivity" but the difference will lie in specific skill point placement. (by the way, whoever had the idea of the midichlorians going up with skill, thats a pretty good idea in my opinion)

...now ive lost my train of thought so ill sum up. i dont think itll be difficult to be jedi, itll just take sooo long (and hard to stay a light one...) that only the die hard jedi wannabes will want to do it. im guessin we see more failed jedi than real ones...

im agreeing with you,but the thing is heres what i think after what ive hears, each character has to follow a specific career choice to become force sensitive so maybe you just have to experiment with different careers.

about the bountyhunters, i thought you don't die permanently when you are killed so how would that eliminate jedi?

well, if you do lose skill then everytime you die you get pushed farther and farther back....that would make it really hard to be a jedi if you have lots of people hunting you. But here's another thing....If you gain skill points from doing stuff, then won't you eventually have so many skill points that you can just invest them into class after class in every possible configuration (being that you can unlearn them) and eventually become force sensitive? sounds like a bored-out-of-my-mind-night task to me. Kinda cheap, but still, it would work, wouldn't it?

I may be wrong here, but ....

Allocating skillpoints from one skill and immediatly to another is not how you change your skill. You have to work for those points just like you did with the skill you took those points from.

When you free up skillpoints, you can't just add all the points to another skill. you have to work for it, meaning you have to preform the skill. And when you've preformed it for a certain amount of times, you will be allowed to allocate a point to that skill.

I was having a very similar skill/attribute discussion with a friend yesterday and intended to start a new thread about it, heres what i emailed him....

you have a finite number of skill points that doesnt increase. you can spend these as you will on skills and other skills will become available as you do so or as you complete missions or train or whatever. you can take points back from skills you no longer want and apply them elsewhere if a new skills becomes available. the points needed to get a skill increases as you go up the tree or across the tree so eventually you will run out of skills points and therefore cannot gain new skills. i wonder how the swapping skill points thing works. if i have high level shooting skills but at some other time i learned the high level armor skills but didn't use it, can i take my points from shooting and put them in the armour skills then make great armour then straight away take the points from armour and put them back in shooting? That doesnt sound right.

The skill examples are just to illustrate the point and I get the feeling you CAN earn extra skill points but I'm not sure. I'm also guessing the description of swapping points around at will isnt correct either. Can anyone throw some light on this?

you know this whole skill thing .... it brings me back to the SIMS... where you have to develope sertians skills to get better in your job or better learn how to cook or something.... i still think that is the same way it is gonna be in SWG..... but that is just me

they wont die permanently, but since so many bounty hunters will be looking for the jedi, which since theyre gonna be so rare it will likely be you (if you were the jedi of course), its just gonna be a pain to die every twenty seconds so some bounty hunters can get rich. it wont be permanent death thats the problem, itll just be so hard to stay alive.

Originally posted by arguile

its just gonna be a pain to die every twenty seconds so some bounty hunters can get rich. it wont be permanent death thats the problem, itll just be so hard to stay alive.

That's assuming that you're stupid enough to announce that you're a Jedi to every person you come across. :)

yeah greg but that would be the path to the dark side...and im sure there will be plenty of imperial bounty hunters out for jedi.

and yeah...erm....guy that said youd have to be stupid and announce youre a jedi...youre right that person would be stupid to announce it, but i doubt itll really be that hard to see whose a jedi. basically its gonna suck to have to jump out to help people (cause if you didnt youd be a sorry jedi...) and you use your powers and then suddenly everyone in a city knows who and what you are and then you gotta move...once youve been attacked by a few hunters...

Archived