Home

Strange move I can't seem to pull off...

The_One

Right, I was just mucking about in a MP game and I accidentally seemed to do a dive to the side. It looked really cool! Problem is, I can't figure out how the hell I did it. I can use the strafe keys and jump but that just produces a flip in mid air. I want to be able to do this cool dive move again. It's not in the manual either, could someone tell me how to do it please? Also can you do cartwheels?

I've seen this one occur, I've reproduced it, though not as often as I'd like with this combonation.

Starting from a crouch, I hit jump and strafe one direction or the other.

This may not be right, but it seems to occur when I use this combonation.

you dont need to tap stafe (allthough i can be done this way too)

just hold it down.. and when your ready to do the dive just release it. the seccond you release it you should press jump and you will perform the dive.. this also works when running forwards or backwords..

i havent used those other methods... but mine seems to work for me

run in the direction you want to dive, and just as you jump, press the key in the opposite direction

ie

strafe right, then jump + strafe left (dont stop strafing right though)

I have asked for the cartwheel before and not many people seem to know how to do it. You can do one by strifing next to the wall and you push off the wall and do a cartwheel...but standstill cartwheel seems to be a npc only move...but if someone knows differently, please enlighten me...

Originally posted by XorKaya

i havent used those other methods... but mine seems to work for me

run in the direction you want to dive, and just as you jump, press the key in the opposite direction

ie

strafe right, then jump + strafe left (dont stop strafing right though)

yes.. i use that move all the time too. but he is thinking of another move:

take a look

Originally posted by CorranHornjr

I have asked for the cartwheel before and not many people seem to know how to do it. You can do one by strifing next to the wall and you push off the wall and do a cartwheel...but standstill cartwheel seems to be a npc only move...but if someone knows differently, please enlighten me...

Hmmm.. I think you're talking about the "side kick to the face" move. It works the same as the regular "kick to the face" move, which is done by jumping directly in front of an enemy (or an obstacle, such as a wall). Your character will do a backflip of sorts, whilst kicking the enemy in the face and knocking him to the ground.

The side kick works the same way, you just have to strafe into an enemy (or wall) and jump (i think). After doing that, your character will seem to cartwheel away from the enemy and kick him in the face at the same time.

Keep in mind, you have to be in extremely close proximity to your opponent to accomplish these moves.

i find the best way to do any dive is just move in one direction and right as you jump, press the opposite direction as well...i'm sure someone's already mentioned this, but just in case they havn't (don't forget to continue moving in your original direction the whole time)

Originally posted by BuzzkiLL

how you doing the "roll" then? I shoot at these doodz, and they roll outta the way. How is that done?

While you're moving, hit the Crouch key and you should do a roll in the direction you were moving. Works wonders, but you're and easy target for an overhead slash if you roll into someone.

Archived