Home

Talon Karrde skin

starunner

Here's a Talon Karrde skin I recently put together. Hope you all like it.

I've submitted the pk3 to massassi.net and jediknightii.net, so hopefully it'll be up within a few days.

detail1.jpg

whole1.jpg

The PK3 includes a default skin, as well as red and blue CTF versions. It uses the Galak model (but doesn't replace any of his current skins). I have also included a bot file, based on Lando's bot behavior (so most of the time he'll only use guns during a game).

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I decided to go ahead and add some grey hair to Karrde. The new file should replace the old one, but both files should be compatable with each other (so you don't have to get the new one if you don't want to).

You can get the new file here:

http://starunner.150m.com/talon_karrde.zip

karrde_grey.jpg

Just a quick note on his appearance. I did do quite a bit of research into how Karrde looks, and came up with two main variations. The first, (and the only one I could really skin accurately given the available models) is the sort of Robin Hood/Ming the Merciless look.

ref3.jpg

[taken from Star Wars: Rebellion]

Unfortunaltely it seems that it's the other look that most of you are familiar with: Karrde has long greying hair, and is older and more 'grizzly' looking (I think this might be how he appeared in the comics?)

ref2.jpgref1.gif

Maybe I'll skin this version at a later date... Anyway, feedback is still welcome, but I probably won't be making any more changes (I don't want to annoy people by having too many versions of this skin). :)

Skynet: I used a combination of the brush tool (smallest setting) and the smudge tool to create the moustache. I think I also used the line tool to thicken it out in places.

Archived