Home

Boba Fett Model

BloodRiot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well just bear with me for a while cuz i'm not very good at this skinning thing... I model with detail.. but my skinning is not the best money can buy that's for sure... anyone worthy wants to skin my model?

*******NEW CONTEST OPEN****** lol :)

No offense intended, just input. This holds true for the vader model that's being done as well

Seems that the helmets for these cats are being made with the human head proportion in mind. There is a head in there, so they should be a bit larger than a standard head. I d/l the q3 model referred to earlier quite some time ago and while I don't remember it exactly, I know that the head itself was slightly too large but pretty close to what it would have been. Other than that the crotch area looks kinda lumpy and undefined. Don't get me wrong, I don't care to know what religion he is by the model but it's a little strange lookin. Other than that this as well as the vader model are coming along great and I can't wait to see them and have the joy of using them when they're done =)

Ok.. I've finally added the holsters to the Fett model.

Made the Helmet a lil bit bigger. And doing some correcting.

PS: I still say Im better at modeling that skinning... is there anyone up for the challenge. Absath.. Vandori... you reading this?

:p:)

the textured helmet looks really good, but like the others mentioned the dome of the helmet is a little bit too small.

but i don't think that the whole helmet must be bigger, in my opinion the proportions are good.

hope to get some new screenshots soon!

Sorry guyz.

I'm right here.

I just heard the tools are out

so i'm gonna waste no time in getting them and I'll get right back to you as soon as i can do something with them

It shouldn't take too long now.

Ok... I still say someone else could do a better job with the skinning... WHO'S UP FOR THAT?????

Stay tunned for more news regarding how well the model goes with the tools.

I'll be around.

So get in touch if you have anything to say.

I aint letting you guyz down now. :)

Ok... Absath is gonna have a go at skinning my Fett model... this will give me the chance to find a way to export it to xsi format... a task which by all acounts... i'm completely lost btw.

Oh well... cross yer fingers boys and girls... cuz bloodriot's got some nice internet digging to do

any pointers on how to do it would be great though :p

My request for whoever is working on the skin is to MAKE SURE to include the "mandalorian" insignia at the BP corner.

Also, wasnt there a Fett model done in q2 or q3? Think I'll go looking for it.

This is a q3 version of Fett

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/info/quake3/bobafett/bobafett.shtml

This is the quake2 version

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/reviews/quake2/bobafett/bobafett.shtml

Well looks like a lot of people will have to keep their pantyhose on... cuz im having a few problems converting the max file into a glm file.

i believe it's got to do with the animation of the file.. most likelly the skeleton acnhoring.

I dunno ow long im gonna take on this one.

Regarding the skin of the model.. Absath is doing it for me.

Modders are sharing work and providing mutual assistance which will hopefully speed up the process.

Everybody's just gotta be patient.

I've been burning my eyes on this for the past 4 hours or so... made a few progresses... but nothing that i can say that got me there.

Well... i'll keep you guyz posted.

Archived