Home

Boba Fett Model

BloodRiot

Well I start with a 10 sided cylinder for the torso. I shape it and then extrude the limbs. I model the head in separate.

Do it extremelly low poly so you only get a basic humanoid shape.

Then you can apply a soft meshmooth so the form is a little more detailed.

I had a hard time getting some faces to look right so i could extrude them a bit go give the armor some real volume.

Whatch out when you mirror stuff or use certain clonning techniques cuz you might copy down the whole thing and not just a selection... which means that you may have shapes over shapes... or in other words... several models with te same shape and occupying the same space. You can verify this if you select a vertex and the vertex doesnt show red...it remains blue even though it is selected. It does this cuz there's another vertex there in the very same space which isn't selected.

also try to select a vertex and move it away from your point of view. If the shape is still there, it's because the other shape hasn't moved.

I feel on this trap several times when i started modeling. I had models with pretty crappy detail and yet, an enourmous ammount of polys.

As for the shapes.

10 sided cylinder for the torso

a geosphere for the face and head.

the limbs are usually extruded from the torso. Extrude several times and scale the vertex "rings" on each segment created by the multiple extrudes.

Hope this helps out.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh damn thats good!!! Keep it up man!!!! Oh, u said u were gonna make a boba fett right? Well, just incase you or anyone who is gonna make boba fett, you cannot forget about his brown cape (over left shoulder) and the wookie pelts (over right shoulder). Just makin sure if anyone does boba, not to forget those important parts.. Lookin really good man!! keep it up! :fett:

Hey guys, when you'll get ready to skin this baby for JediKnight MP. You have to remember to make team colours.

The best way to please as many people as possible is to make this skin into 3 different usable models.

DEFAULT: BobaFett

so anybody who rather play Boba instead of Jango just selects the default

BLUE TEAM: JangoFett

simply change the colours and you get a different characters.

RED TEAM: MomaFett

I dont know. just make his markings red.

I think this would be best so instead of making duplicates of it for Jango and then Boba why not make one for both?

but since this fellow can be 3 different characters, I suggest you name him 'Mandolorian' for the BOTS and the .pk3 file itself 'Mandolorian'

just a few suggestions.

Hehehe

ok... let's say you are extruding the leg... you have the pelvis structured and you select the faces which are to be extruded.

Let's say you extrude 3 times. that means that the whole "LEG" is split into 3 segments. each segments is one extrude.

The vetexes on the division line are basically set up in a ring like line. That's what i called the ring vertexes ;P

you select one of those rings and scale up or down to shape the leg.

Ok a more stressing Issue now.

I'm completely exhausted and I found out close to nothing on how to successfully anchor the skeleton to the model and compiling into glm format thus putting the model into the game.

Right now I feel I could grab my 2 by 4 and smash my computer to bits.

The model WILL be done......... just not so sure about when... and how.

Sorry guyz... I could really use some help here... modeling is easy... putting it into the game is not so easy. :(

can someone point me in the direction as to what room i can find info about the vader skin that is in progress. i heard someone mention it earlier in. no disrespect or anythin though. the fetts are one of the few that i would love to see in the game, but vader how always been a favorite. thx and damn that skin of fett is lookin good. nice work.

i sugest making an improvement into the jet pack, it looks a little dull. really, in the movies, the thing that caught my eye about boba was his jetpack, im not making fun of the jet pack, im just saying it could have an improvement(by the way, i sugest that u also make a Clone skin, sometime after this--> :clone: )

Jango Fett. That was my first dream to be a skin!!!Its awesome.

Oh yeah and if you are a good weapon modeler could you make his two pistols(as in movie). Hopefully you can do that also could you tell me when its to come out thanx.

Originally posted by Strider_W11

you cannot forget about his brown cape (over left shoulder) and the wookie pelts (over right shoulder). Just makin sure if anyone does boba, not to forget those important parts..

Actually, they're braided wookie scalps. Not pelts. ;)

I've finally had a break here... Skeleton Abchoring in progress.

Dunno if it works... but it's far better chances than the ones I had.

Model opened in modview.. untested in game.

if it works, it may take some time to set the bone anchoring right.

But at least it's encoraging... and stress releaving by the way :)

Archived