Home

Boba Fett Model

BloodRiot

Originally posted by ªith£ord

Use alot of shadows - at current state it looks too bright

like you said use more detail on the armor, and if you could implement a reflective shader on the armor that would look much more realistic

I wouldn't use to much shadowing Absath. If you look at any of those pics, you'll notice Jango's armour is insanely "unshadowed" - and that includes the in-movie screens I sent you as well. When you see this guy in video, it looks like he just bought his damn armour. :D

Excellent progress, all of you.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an excellent model. Nice work. Do you think it would be possible for you to breifly describe how you would take this from 3DS max and get it into Jedi? I think your thread will be very popular and a good place for newbies like myself to come for a quick tutorial on how to get character models into the game. If you know of an existing tutorial, please post it. Also, will you have to do a complete animation set for a new model like this one?

Thanks. Again, nice work. I have done some animation in 3DS for a Spider-Man project and I can tell you have spent many hours on this.

I found these pictures and thought they might help on modeling and skinning. Looks great but to add more detail would be even better. Keep up the great work.

Jango Fett 1

Jango Fett 2

Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained! A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph! Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless!

Not a complaint or anything (cause the model looks great) but why are Jango's clothes different colours in the arms and legs, from all the pictures I've seen the colour of his clothes are pretty consistant.

because its a work in progress Pali and im skinning from the helmet down and in those pics i hadnt even touched the legs yet. It was just filler color. Im surprised you didnt ask why i drew white lines all over his legs. =P

heres an updated pic. the model is now fully skinned, and i will be spending the next day or two tweaking it, blending the seams better, refining the small details. Im not going to mess around with the brightness and contrast till we get it in game and see how it looks running in the JK2 engine. so without further adeu....

JangoSkin.jpg

-Abs

uhhh, bad taste is in the familiy of the fetts!!!!

i never looked at it so closely, but this green and blue are so ugly!

and boba's green orange really isn't much better!

but great work, i'm sure it will be perfect once you've finished it!

even if i repeat myself: you're outstanding modders doing an outstanding job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all my respect to you!

can you tell me what objects you used in 3d max to get your model that detailed. Or could you tell me what you did to get more polys in there.

I'm making a Darth Vader model on I am using 2563 polygons but it doesn't look as detialed as ors before you smoothed it out.

that's for you time

Archived