Home

Boba Fett Model

BloodRiot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice of you to come up with that issue Evan... Im thinking wether I should put those or not... The poly count is almost at the limit.. it's about 28xx polys... and if you looks closelly...none of the original models from JO have holsters for the guns... Im trully trying to decide if I should put them or not... im scalling pros vs cons.

Some opinions are welcome of course.

And I might be able to reduce the poly count still.

As for Absath: Dude... I'm glad you did what you did... maybe we get a better sdk now that them raven dudes are testing it on your model.

The original characters part you mentioned seems mighty interesting.. I'll be looking forward to seeing them. :)

Thx for everything guyz.

First of all, great work, the model looks great and well made.

I have an idea and perhaps someone already posted this but it would be cool if you could use Boba Fetts jump rockets, not only for the coolness but it also gives some cool strategis when using the model either in MP or as a bot. You could perhaps use the rockets instead of the level 3 force jump? thist would give the model a real reality feature. What do you think?

2 things Blood Riot.

I finnaly looked at a bunch of Jango Fett pics. Thanks for those lind too Evan. It appears that the Gun Holstes are a big part of Jango. I think if you look real hard you can find plent of places you could optimise. I know optimising sucks, but (in my opinion) the holstered guns are a big part of his character. It's really up to you, but this model is looking great, and it looks like alot of people want it so you make the choice. But you allready have him looking like Jango, so I'll just nudge that idea along. Nudge Nudge.

As far as the rocket Pack Idea Acer brought up. Wheter I'm understanding Acer or not, you really couldn't add any stratagies by making them work, need a MOD for this, you can make them appear as if they are working. But this all depends on your animation. I'm not sure if you are going to animate this yourself, or just attatch him to the original animations (which seems to be the way to go with this game) Or if we will be able to attatch these models to thier Skeleton then Edit a couple of animations of out choice (which is what I'm hoping for). but it has been done before.

The Brothers Grim made a Sweet Boba Fett for Q3a, and his rockets emit a flame when he jumps. All they did was add 4 polys for this to work too. Two on each exaust port of the Jetpack. Then they made a Flame shader and animated them to come out when he jumps. Very cool.

In Jedi Outcast this would be even cooler, since you actually jump great heights.

Here's their Website.

http://www.mindlessgrafx.com/models.html

Perhaps you could contact them for some info on this. They've seemingly always been happy to help the editing community. They have even animated a few Q3 models for people.

So give it some thought, and get back to us.:boushh:

OK... the majority has spoken...

This is my plan... After I get the model skinmapped... I'll save it to another file and do both jango and boba.

I'll have to remove armor parts on the legs and add big pant pockets and maybe a piece of cloth hanging on the left shoulder.

This is for Boba.

For Jango I'll just add the holsters and spike his boots as sugested.

Since the SDK is not released yet I dont really have any sort of rush to post it since it's useless right now. So I can still touch up a lot of things.

Once again thx for the feedback.

I'll try to make as best as possible.

Sure thing Nash... I want this to be good!

I can make the holsters... no prob... I still have to reduce the polycount anyway just to make sure it doesnt push the game's envelope... besides...adding the holsters would only add up to 60 polys by my count... I would just extrude a bit of both legs and model the rest... so the only polys to be added would be the ones of the side of the extrude... nothing else.

As for the skin... well skinmapping will definetly be a problem here... cuz I never skinmapped before and this model is sure challenging... the robed model will be much easier since it's got far less polys.

Anyway.. I'll see what can be done.

First of all, I'd like to say good work!

Three things have stand out to me though, one is that the torso doesn't seem to be long enough when compared to the legs. Another is that the waist/crotch area still doesn't appear fleshy enough. The other was about the helmet, but that has already been mentioned.

Keep up the good work! :)

Good News for everybody...

Thx to MessiahErebus I can now skin map... That means that soon enough, both my models will start having skins.

And I'll look into those lil flaws.. heigh issues and others.

once again thx for posting. cya tomorrow.

PS: Special thx to MessiahErebus for teaching me to prepare the models for skinning. Thx a million dude.

(now this is Modders united :) )

Thx for the bump... the trheads grow old very fast nowadays :)

I'm currently skinmapping the model

And I'll perform a few changes so I can have both Boba and Jango.

While skinmapping there's no really interesting progress for you to see.

But when it's done it's should be impressive....

Even I am curious on how it will end up.

Stay tunned in the next couple o' days.

:D

More spoilers:

Apparently Janga get's Boba as part of his contract. The Geonosians get his DNA to base their new clone army on, and in exchange he gets Boba. There's more to it than that, but I won't spoiler-***** poor Blood's thread.

News Flash:

*Fett Skinmapped*

Well, I'm about to start the skinjob on Fett. I'm doing the Jango skin now.

The model still has no holsters on the sides.. they will be added later.

As soon as something good enough to be seen is ready.. I'll post it.

Stay tunned :)

Archived