Home

Boba Fett Model

BloodRiot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by BloodRiot

I sure hope all this work pays off... maybe like a resume or helper to get us hired at a major game company lol

That is actually my intent with this mod Blood. That's why I've been saying MP for now, TC for later. :)

Blood, have you fixed the helmet yet? If so post a pick of the new one please.... you're doing excellently... but that is my only nit pick... you need the top of the helmet to be wider and more rounded, and make the antenna a little bit more thin, especially on the top piece of it... use the picture above for referance... and who are you making first? Boba Fett or Jango Fett? Or are you making them simoltaniously? :jango::fett: I thank you for starting this model, as an avid Fett fan... may the force be with you... always.

Ok well ive got the model working with the .MD3 viewer, and the skin is in progress. Right now it is entirely flat-color mapped, just so i could get a visual idea of armor placement etc, and so that i wasnt staring at black and white lines all over the model. Im going to start with the helmet and work my way down, one section at a time. I will not be rushing this skin, and I may spend a whole day on some sections. They havent released a tutorial for attaching the skeleton for the model yet anyway, so its not like we can get this out soon. Ill post progress pics of the skin once theres some decent progress to show. We are doing Jango first, by the way.

On a side note, if anyone wants to help me out and find and post pics of the following areas, it will save me time searching and focus purely on skinning.

-Legs below the knee, mainly the back of the calves.

-His ass and back of the thighs

-wrist and hands

-the sections on the sides of his helmet where his ears are

-his jetpack

thanks in advance guys

-Abs

Dudes... I'll make it looks as best and real as i can... but right now im concentrating all efforts in converting the model so it can be used in game.

All model corrections will be done after that.

The helmet issues are being logged in my head no worries... I'll look into them when I dispatch this lil challenge which i'm facing with both a daring stare in the eye and a total desperation feeling.

As soon as my curiosity and stubburness is away... the model will be optimized pretty fast dont worry.

Just gimme some time to work it out.

An unconverted model is useless anyway.

So bear with me for a lil while longer :)

Basically what me and sithlord are trying to do is replace the kyle model for our own models.

We have to replace body part by body part so that we can keep track of stuff like bone assigning.

It's a pretty complicated endeavor cuz there's like 3 or 4 levels of detail... which means that there's like 3 or 4 models occupying the very same space... try to see that in a wireframe and tell me if that doesnt give you chill thinking that you have to work with all of that.

The scene contains at whole over 6000 polys, A whole heap of bones, and a propensity to cause headhakes.

This might take a while. lol

:)

yeah trust me...im sitting here watching them work through it....makes me damn glad im the skinner and not the modeler. Blood and Sith are determined to get their models to the community...just bear with them ;)

-Abs

Originally posted by gonk-raider

Rock on then man... after that.. you can work on the boba or jango fett chronicals.. and make boocoo bucks.. just use material from the his comics which kicked ass! I dont know about jangos antics yet.. but im sure he just kicked as much ass or more

Actually, get ready to find out Lucas has, once again, screwed us. Most everything you've read about in the comics, including who Boba is, and his misadventures...is now Jango's past.

Ya, and Boba Kid? He better be able to act!

I saw a picture of the kid swinging a lightsaber too. Don't get me wrong though, it could very well be cool, but Anakin's child role was pretty upsetting as far as the acting part goes.

So how's everything going guys. I got your Email BLood, but I've been pretty busy trying to fix some problems with my model. I need to get them ironed out before I can worry about getting her ingame.

Plus I've been in and out of the doctors lately.

I'll get back to you as soon as I get some time or progress. Whichever comes first.

For that you have to ask Absath.

He's doing the skins for me.

That way i can work on a way to put the modl in-game.

He reads this thread often so He'll read your request and may post somestuff for you to see.

But like i said... it's up to him. But I can say it's looking good and I just sent him a very good high resolution picture of Jango.

Archived