Home

Boba Fett Model

BloodRiot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont have quake 3 unfortunatly, so i cant check out that model. I'll post a screenshot of the skin in its current state, as long as you guys promise to keep in mind that it is a work in progress.

JingleJango.jpg

remember...be gentle. im not finished. I know about the texture seams in the arms, lack of detail on the bracers etc.

-Abs

I have to get my hands on the model before it becomes Boba.

The Jango Model has the armor extruded... which means that there is actual volume for the armor.

I'll have to work it so it is more Boba like.

But at this rate he will do Boba as well yes. He is doinga much better job than i could do if I was skinning my own model :)

Nice work Absath.

Keep it up dude. :)

Very cool Bloodriot... this is just a suggestion... but I think you, Sithlord, and Absath should team up and make a WHOLE lot of new models... because frankly... you guys kick ass... and I wish I could see more models of the quality you guys have shown so far.

I'll add what I can to help in any small way I can. So far the work is excellent, and deserves that recognition, but there is still room for improvement. It seems to me that in the pictures of Jango, his biceps are larger, and his thighs and legs were more defined (bulkier), and finally his hips seemed to be a little wider. He also could use a shorter neck/ more muscular traps. If you choose to do this, it would make him seem more muscular and imposing IMHO. Keep up the astounding work.

I'll do whatever I can to make it the best it can possibly be.

Oh but btw... the program Absath uses renders stuff a bit diferent from 3ds max. In modview or md3(not sure what he is using), the models looks weird. Like arms too long and legs too short and the helmet looks too slim and tall.

I've noticed this, so I bet some people may find the body weird. I know I did... a lot actually.

heheheh kewl 17 i know ive cut 12 damn man why didnt you absath and sithlord do the models and stuff for the game:P

hehe you guys rock man i think we should set up a vote for all the models that you guys are willing to do after this one (not that you shoudl risk take your time man this model owns) and then all vote (only if you guys dont want to choose one personally its at the point where id actually pay money for a decent maul model right now:( hehe god i wish there was one anyways nice model and great skinnning absath keep it up~!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Blood...

You should get in touch with cowsmanaut from chumbalumbasoft. :) I think he's trying to figure it out, too...

http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/forum/showthread.php3?threadid=3700

It looks like he's saying (I'm no wiz) that the .glm files are really an XSI model -and- a 3ds model intermeshed into one file? Have you tried using the assimilator to add both an xsi and a 3ds version into the final model, then throwing the gla in there?

Would be a good time for Raven to come out and tell us how the hell the assimilator works...:) <hint hint!>

I know all about WIP's Absath... Trust me.

Looks real good so far, except for the fact that your picture is squashed!!! lol

Seams are seams, and I'm sure you'll work them out. The colors look spot on, though a bit light. Still I know this is a WIP. What seems to be looking the best though is your lighting. Very Nice. Why don't you see if Blood will fix that stretching by his left Brazer. Should be an easy fix.

And If you know anyone with Q3 please look up that model. It would really make this model/skin Shine!

Great Work Guys!

Great job on the Model BloodRIot, when do you think you could release it fter absath skins it?

Absath - Looking really good so far, like you said its just a base skin and could use a lot of enhancements

Use alot of shadows - at current state it looks too bright

like you said use more detail on the armor, and if you could implement a reflective shader on the armor that would look much more realistic

I tip my hat to both of you. this looks as if it will be the best skin yet (still looking foward to Blood's Maul and Sithlord II's Vader)

that's looking fantastic!! model: perfect!!! skin: getting better and better (i think it'll be perfect as well when it's done)

it's just amazing what you did, i can't tell you how much i apreciate your work!!! go on guys!!!! thank you!

Archived