Home

The Overlooked Vehicles Of Star Wars

Paragon_Leon

Guest Gamma732

I forget their exact name, but those black sun fighters from SotE. I think they'd make really good air units....but then again, their Black Sun, and their not in the game.

This thing:

atic.jpg

Here's some info:

The AT-IC was only produced in limited quantities due to the specific nature of its mission usefulness, but in those cases where one was called upon, they performed with exemplary service records. Less than 100 of these walkers were manufactured in the days of the Empire, and were stationed aboard Star Destroyers which saw frequent ground assault featuring bombardment from starfighters of atmospheric craft. These walkers supplemented a marching line of AT-AT walkers in order to protect them from such attacks, but still maintained many of the weaknesses of their charges as well.

The AT-IC took the basic build of an AT-AT and removed most of the rear sections that housed stormtroopers and other personnel. Opening up the rear sections to the air, a starfighter-scale ion cannon was added in a semi-turret position. The ion cannon could rotate on 3 fire arcs, and fired ion bolts powerful enough to disable even the toughest starfighters in one shot. The remaining portions of the walker were used for cannon personnel and technicians, as well as a large self-cooled power generator to enable the gunners to fire a shot every few seconds at incoming craft. A computer targeting system, which could uplink with the Star Destroyer in orbit and receive sensor data, gave the cannon long-range capability, as well as the increased accuracy that was needed to improve survivability.

*gasps* I'm not used to typing that much at one time!

Guest Gamma732

Yeah, they were StarVipers, your right.

And that AT-IC would be a great unit. Considering how slow AT-AT's are and their weakness against air stuff, the AT-IC would be a really useful and cool unit.

Where'd you get that pic from? I've never heard of the AT-IC before.

Guest xwing guy

Thats a K-wing? I think they should be a little fatter to carry all those bombs though, but it still think they look cool.:)

Originally posted by thrawn12786

Bespin Motors Void Spider THX 1138

http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/anewhope/dark/large/bespinmotorsvoidspiderthx1.html

Is this thing unheard of or what? :D

They just made it up for the Game. Yeah I would like to See Mt-Ats as a special Hero unit...it wouldn't be all that useful though. Just really good at menuvering on hills.

Originally posted by Kvan

Hey are the MT-At's in the game? Cause if not they should have been!

BTW Gamma I think they are called StarVipers

kvan, are you talking about those spider shaped vehicles? if so, they look pretty cool and should be in the game.

since boba fett probably will be in the game, i'm wondering if they will include ships for bounty hunters, such as his SLAVE I ship, but i seriously doubt it.

Guest Tie Guy

all of the air units are other anti-air weapons as well. I'm betting that TIE Fighters will be better against air, and Bombers againt the ground. Same with the X-wing and Y-wing.

Archived