Home

Jedi Outcast - Best Game Ever?

crazyplaya73

Jedi Outcast is one of the best computer games ever made.  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Jedi Outcast is one of the best computer games ever made.

• Word nigga!!!
    • What are u freaking nuts???
    • Undecided

This game kicks some serious ass. The single player game is great but once you dive into the multiplayer game it becomes an addiction! I love to play saber only with Jedi Master foce powers. There is so much strategy involved in winning (or losing if u suck).

The people complaining about these stupid little issues are really missing the point that this is the best or one of the best computer games ever made. Anyone who doesn't think so must be hittin' the crack pipe a bit too much, IMHO. Peace out.

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by ArmchairAthlete

WAY too buggy to be best ever. So many crashes... A load of fun but we need a big patch, I'm starting to think one will never come.

What crashes are you getting? I haven't gotten a single crash in all my JK2 gaming.

And there will be a patch at some point, but you've gotta remember that raven is working on Soldier of Fortune 2 as well.

I sometimes get crashes when a new map is about to load or when I click YES to exit to main menu. I'm not the only one, lots of us have these crashes. And no, my computer is not crap and I have the latest vid card drivers. They must not have tested on a wide enough range of systems.

This is your first and last warning, ArmchairAthlete. If you post any links like this again, you WILL be banned. - The Management

Best game of the year? It's a possibility, but there are still 8 more months of 2002 for games to be made. It's definitely the best game I've played in quite a while... but best game ever? Hell no. I would think that for something to be classified as "best game ever", damn near everybody that plays it would have to love it to death. Not everybody loves JK2 like that.

JK2's SP is hurt by weak level design.. and JK2's MP is weak by not really offering much more than the standard FPS MP elements that are the bare minimum of what's expected now for FPS games.. CTF, teamDM, and FFA aren't enough by themselves to offer a decent+complete MP experience anymore..

it deserves honorable mention perhaps for it's melee SP combat mechanics.. sound achievement.. movie adaption/license-use.. but not the game as a whole..

RTCW right now is extremely popular in MP and has a growing competitive community due to great use of its atmosphere and environment while offering much more than your regular FFA/DM..

had JK2 been able to use the MP portion in order to have some form of Star Wars-themed task/mission concept that helped play off the atmosphere of Star Wars more.. it would have turned out to be much more than the UnrealTourney w/ light sabers that MP is right now..

i guess it up to the mods now to fix this issue..

Not the best, but very good. The mp should contain more than just jedi's.(But it is an jedi game) I mean there should a opinion to play a stormtrooper(it looks funny when a stormy takes a out a saber and start's swingin with it like a fully trained jedi). Is there a mod coming that set's out and Rebel vs Imperials war scene? I heard something like that in some thread!? In SP: im tired of the bastard child of Han Solo and Luke's uncle(can't recall the name). Kyle is justalike Han Solo but has an farmer look. When looking at him, there is no way that he has the Force within him. Maybe a sith would give the game a boost. I say go evil on the SP. This is just my opinion.

I don't know how people can say the game sucks because it's buggy and crashes.

It's crashed on my system a whole three times, at the same spot, and that's only because I was cheating.

As for being the best game ever? No. Half-Life still holds that distinction.

BYE

Jedi Knight 2 is good, but it is a long way behind games like Metal Gear Solid 2.

Technical Aspects of JK2 - The following is referring to the way the story is told

Once you play MGS2, you will realise how little effort went into creating Jk2. Thats not an insult to the game but a fact.

The animation, the amazing direction, the storyline, the tension created from the gameplay have IMO set the standard for todays games. Watch a cutscene from JK2, and compare it to a cutscene from MGS2. JK2 is technically woeful, bad use of the camera, shocking animation, bad lip synching. Which all detract from telling a good story and immersing the player in the fictionalised world.

Guest HertogJan

I enjoyed the singleplayer, but there are WAY better games than JK2 when it comes to singleplayer... Look at Deus Ex, Half-Life etc... But also on SP it definately belongs to the top!

On MP... Well... I didn't have much fun like this since Counter-Strike! Duels are really addicting! So on MP, it scores very very high!

In summation, JK2 belons to the best games ever, combining both a good SP and MP experience... Deus Ex was fun to play offline, but online it was soooooo terrible! Counter-Strike is MP only, with bots it isn't playable (neither can you play it with cheaters, but that's another story)...

I voted for the first option :D

You people are spoiled, and dont know just how buggy a game can be LOL :D

take Mechcommander 2 for example, it only ran at all on 3/4 of peopels systems, bug free on only 1/8 of the 3/4 that it ran on.

Great game, but nobody could play it

I suppose that for people who have problems, they would not be happy (I know my biggest tick against JKII is the framerate issues I have on 'Yavin Swamp').

I also suppose that for those whose favorite genre isn't FPS, a FPS would be extremely unlikely as a 'best game ever'.

There are also those who look blindly back and take what was best 'then' and make it 'best ever' - like the Newton MP2000 for PDA's, or even the HP200LX.

Personally, I played pong on a TV in 1978 ... the Star Wars arcade games in the arcade, Castle Wolfenstein on an Apple ][ in the early 80's, Doom when it was new, and so on. For me, JKII is my favorite game EVER. Is it the 'best ever'? Who knows and who cares?!? Not me! I have played it through twice - something I have *never* done before.

Originally posted by Jedi-Bert

You people are spoiled, and dont know just how buggy a game can be LOL :D

take Mechcommander 2 for example, it only ran at all on 3/4 of peopels systems, bug free on only 1/8 of the 3/4 that it ran on.

Great game, but nobody could play it

Tell me about it!

I was one of the lucky 100 who got into the Beta and it (plus two patches) works better than the retail version.

I really don't know how FIT phucked that up so bad...

BYE

P.S. Even spelling that word with "ph" gets sensored. Damn this board is picky...

I don't understand the complaints of bugs about both MechCommander2 and JK2.

MechCommander2 is still one of my favorite games and I've no problems with it (unless I was trying to hack the savegames).

Also, the only problem I've had with JK2 was low framerates, and that was because I forgot to install the AGP drivers for my motherboard.

If you're having so many problems it's distinctly possible your machine isn't tuned right. Why blame the game first?

If you're having so many problems it's distinctly possible your machine isn't tuned right. Why blame the game first? [/b]

If you read the tech support forum, you'll find that a lot of people suffering from bugs are far from ignorant, have good machines, and have tried installing new/recommended drivers, and in some cases a fresh OS, before asking for advice.

Archived