Home

does anyone think 6 civs arent enough

JEDI_MASTA

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Admiral Odin

well with AoK, having 13 civs were easier then with GB.

For one main reason the civs in AoK, where grouped into about 6 different buildind art sets. The monks and villagers were all the same. Because three or four civs shared the same art it didn't take as long to make more, also the units were the same execpt for UU ones.

With GB no unit/building will be in common each will have it's own look, this takes more time so I think 6 is more then enough.

Guest ZeroXcape

I think that six civs are more then enough. I'm hoping for an expansion pack with *six more* civs, but for the primary game: six is great.

Guest Gamma732

I think 6 civs should be enough. Look at StarCraft. Its a very popular game and that only has three. What matters is if the units are diverse. AOK had 13 civs, but most of the units looked the same/similar. GB is having 6 civs, but their units are all going to be different. WarCraft 2 only had 2 civs. That was a popular game at its time, but I never really liked it. It only had two civs, but their units were almost exactly the same. They had different names and art, but their attacks and their stats were almost identical. For me it really lowered the replay value....but I don't think 6 is too few, as long as those six are diverse.

Guest Gamma732

Good point. Its always good to have an expansion pack that adds a civ or two. Makes the game 'new' again, so to speak. Brood War and the WC expansion are the only xpacks that I can think of that didn't add civs....hopefully if GB does well we'll be getting more then a few suprises in an xpack in addition to some civs.

Guest Tie Guy

In all honesty we are lucky to come away withj more than two. Look at Rebellion, and FoCom, they only had two. And C&C only ever had two, as well as many other rts games. We should be veryhappy that we are getting six "unigue" civs, that is more than any other rts game i can think of. AOK really only has one civ with 13 different names.

Guest madperm

im hoping for another set of civs in maybe an add-on....

hopefully the correlian diktat are among those... and of course ewoks

:D

Guest crazy_dog

By the way, you can control ewoks in the Rebel Endor mission, I think. You can also get them with the Scenario editor.

Guest Master Yoda

6 civs should be enough for the primary game, since they arent going to be like the AOK civs, where they all look alike. But if it does well they BETTER make an expansion to GBG, with more civs ect.

Originally posted by JEDI_MASTA

AOC had like 13 civs or something like that and that still seemed

small i cant even immagine 6.

It only seemed small because they didn't have MASSIVE AMOUNTS of artwork. They had 4 sets of artwork for AoK...in GB they have 6 completely different sets of artwork. I do think it would be nice to have more, but I believe that 6 is great for this launch. There will be either mods or expansions for this game to have diffrent races.

i think this game sounds as good as it is already. just think, 6 different civs, with units that are similar in terms of what unit class they're in, but different in terms of look and probably other aspects (weapons, shields, etc.). i think 6 is enough and they picked civs that anyone who considers themself a star wars fan can relate to, not just hard core star wars fans who know about the other civs like most of us here.....

Guest Admiral Odin

Also you have to remember if they plan on making an X-pac, and followed AoK/AoE lead, they would need more civs to add to the game.

Guest Gen.Veers

Yes, 6 civs are good enough for now. But who knows, maybe we'll get 6 more down the line. The skys the limit. That's what makes it really cool. Who really wants to wait for them to make 6 more civs and perfect them and release the game? I don't, I'd rather play the game now and let them work on an expansion

Guest Tie Guy

I can't argue with that, but i think that he means that they should have made more covs in the first place, not add them now. That would defeinately take way too long.

i still say they need to have a total of at least 8 civs after the x pack so its not like u have to have repeat civs in multiplayer games over the internet :D i mean with Aok the comp was so easy so to get better u had to play on the internet and i just think repeat civs are pretty lame

:c3po::yoda: :yoda: :yoda: :yoda: :yoda: i am the master of my thread hahahahaha

kidding

Guest Admiral Odin

LA, had to pic civs that everyone would be familar with.

Naboo, Gunguns, TF=Episode 1.

Wookies because of Chewbacca

Rebels, and imps for obivous reasons

Archived