Home

does anyone think 6 civs arent enough

JEDI_MASTA

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tie Guy

alot of people repeated civs in MP anyways, so i don't think that it will be a big problem. What's wrong with having two of the same civ?

Guest corranhorn

All the AOK units look alike, there was no variety, in responce to your original question, I think I agree, the variety of GB should help, though, besides, Starcraft had 3, and they didn't have any complaints from anyone I know.

Guest Admiral Odin

AoK large amount of civs that looked alike seems to have spoiled you.

GB will have 6 unique civs and that is more then enough for me (an X-pac would be great with new civs but I'm content with 6 for now)

Guest Lord Cannon

I think 6 is enough, also. I do expect an expansion. Maybe they can add the Noghri, Mon Calamari, and others for example.

Guest Admiral Odin

IN a X-pac

I think the civs could be

Mon Cal

Sullustains

Correllians

and maybe some from episode 2.

Guest Admiral Odin

well they need to grab civs that people and can easily reconize. know about just from the movies. I think that is what made them pick the initial six and will make the pick any civs in an X-Pack.

Six is more than enough. What RTS game has more than six unique civs?

As for the expansion, I'd rather see new units for the original civs rather than entirely new civs. I'm guessing I'm in the minority there;)

I'd expect the expansion to be influenced heavily by Ep II, with maybe some stuff from the New Jedi Order books. So you'll most likely see a Clone army of some type and the Yuzzan Vong (sp?) along with whatever else they can use from those two sources.

No matter what, I'm happy. I got the only Civ I care about: The Galactic Empire:deathii:

Guest Drakeon

the vong would be awesome :) finally id be able to extract revenge on the vong... for what they did to chewie.. and everyone else in the books...

Originally posted by ZeroXcape

I think that six civs are more then enough. I'm hoping for an expansion pack with *six more* civs, but for the primary game: six is great.

I agree! The six+ new should be Trandoshans, Geonosians, Kaminoans, Mon Calamari, Rodians, Hutt space (nel hutta?), Black Sun, Sulskens, Grans, Ithorians, and maybe Bothans! Just give us more civs in the expansion for ep II or III!:fett: :fett: :fett:

Originally posted by CorranHorn

All the AOK units look alike, there was no variety, in responce to your original question, I think I agree, the variety of GB should help, though, besides, Starcraft had 3, and they didn't have any complaints from anyone I know.

Ah.. but star craft isn't as cool!

Guest Gamma732
Originally posted by Captain Fett

Ah.. but star craft isn't as cool!

By AOK being cooler then SC, do you just mean because it has more civs then SC?

I'd rather have a few diverse civs then a lot of similar civs any day.

Originally posted by Gamma732

By AOK being cooler then SC, do you just mean because it has more civs then SC?

I'd rather have a few diverse civs then a lot of similar civs any day.

No, I mean it's not as cool in plot or anything pretty much, at least not as cool as GB is gonna be! It will have more than a few diverse civs.

Guest Gamma732
Originally posted by Captain Fett

No, I mean it's not as cool in plot or anything pretty much, at least not as cool as GB is gonna be! It will have more than a few diverse civs.

Ohh I think I misunderstood. Ok, I get it.

Guest Admiral Odin

Just a little different thought about why LA put only 6 civs in the game.

a major reason could be economy.

Think about it. right now they have put in six major civs (more or less)

Now all of you want more civs, and that could be exactly why they put in only 6. If the put in to many an expansion pack would have to go into the more diverse civs that only die hards would know.

Now that wouldn't sell to good with the casual fans. So by giving only six civs they create an opportunity to add more in a X-pack. Also it creates a desire for an X-pack which means more money.

Originally posted by Admiral Odin

Just a little different thought about why LA put only 6 civs in the game.

a major reason could be economy.

Think about it. right now they have put in six major civs (more or less)

Now all of you want more civs, and that could be exactly why they put in only 6. If the put in to many an expansion pack would have to go into the more diverse civs that only die hards would know.

Now that wouldn't sell to good with the casual fans. So by giving only six civs they create an opportunity to add more in a X-pack. Also it creates a desire for an X-pack which means more money.

Great thought!:fett:

Does anyone else think that there should be bonuses for more civs than the Trade Fed and Naboo? I also think that the Trade Fed's is unfair(800 droids!). If they do that the droids should be weaker than other units and/or other civs should have a higher pop limit like 300-350 or so. But not so much that it will totally slow down your machine. :fett:

Archived