Home

Grappling Hook

sights0d

I really miss the grappling hook from Jedi Knight II: Dark Forces. Is there anyone out there working on it yet? I've noticed that they are used in Episode I.

I have the feeling that we don't have the editing tools to work on one yet, but it would be nice to go swinging again.

While I'm about it: Is it possible to have more than one line going at a time? I'd love to go swinging like spiderman.

maybe its lie the original quake3 engine, its in there, but you gotta code it out?(enable it with dsource) sinc,e all sp maps are comp9iled and what not u cant add a grapling hook to the level.. dont think it coluld be done in sp, but once mp source gets relased, its only a mayter of mintues before some1 does make one ^_^ (i think the grapling hook was first "mod" for quake3... cant remember..)

Base it after the Q2 grapple. The best grappling hook ever.

It is like you are actually on a rope/line/whatever.

you can swing in circles, around corners, extend/retract cord length, and it will hurt really bad if you make too big of a swing and hit something, or even land after swinging a far distance.

I just hate grappling hooks that are like tractor beams. They just pull you in a strait line. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by mrlove

wouldnt that destroy this game? imagine everyone using this hook thing... heh cya starwars and welcome spiderman.

Didn't Luke use one in the original Star Wars?

I don't think it would disrupt game balance. Once spotted, someone just hanging on a grappling hook is sniper bait.

luke didnt exactly use a grapling hook.. just a peice of rope that he had with him, and threw it manualy.. but its basicaly same idea,,.. but i would love to be swinging saround swinging my light saber. (though. .this would be hard due to grapling hopok woulfd be considerd a weopon.. unless.. its a mod that allows use of 2 wepaons at once..)

it seems for like the guns and grappling hook, work together better, and im pretty sure luke had a grappling hook OF some kind, because it has a metal end and gets caught on the other side.

i would consider that a grappling hook.

Also, remember that there was a really cool grap in Unreal Tourney. I used it to MESS FOLKS UP!!! You could bind it to a key and still use another weapon. In fact, you could USE it as a weapon, and it did damage over time.

Archived