Home

Jedi vs Merc server UP NOW!!(Dismemberment too!)

Lord Nodata

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to the server yesterday and it was fun.

However, I want to ask for some tactics here. It is probably just me, I never played on servers with guns, so I did suck badly... :D

I feel ashamed to say that, but the mercs owned me! :o

First I tried to rely on my experience from single player, only to find out, that blue stance does NOT block 100% of blaster fire. (Duh!)

Also, mercs don't go flying all over the place when using force push just like the stormies did :D

Since I played Jedi (light side) I couldn't use grip and was stuck with push (pull being disabled) as the only "offensive" force power.

However I found myself completely helpless with my saber, (probably also due to lag: ping around 200) I wasn't able to hit the guys with the saber. Saber throw resulted in me getting hit badly.

Next thing I had some fun with push and mindtrick. Using mindtrick to sneak up on the merc and push him off the ledge in Nar Shadaa. I can tell you it was a lot of fun, although it may seem sort of lame (I would never do this in a saber only game) but since the mercs were ruling the server I thought, ah what the heck :D :D .

Can anyone give me some advice how to go against gunners? Note: Pull was disabled so don't tell me about "pull the weapon from him and then kill him".

I just swinged by the server, great stuff dude! never had so much fun.

the funniest thing was when we were shooting a sith and he took a jedi and used him as a human shield and kicked all our asses.

or once, I was getting choked by a sith and 2 of my buds came and shot him in the back, and saved my ass.

heck, being a merc is fun!

the coolest moment was when we were 5 mercs and we founded a base, then we "ganked" every jedi that came in

good job dude! great server, its in my favorite list now!

some suggestion. add this to your list of server broadcast message(like that "Dark powers SITH only, light powers jedi only" messages that appear at regular intervals):

"All Mercs, use trooper skins with NO TEAM COLOR: like storm,swamp troopers, boba or jango fett, all the weapon using skins in the game"

"All Jedi, use skins with BLUE team color: every skin that uses a saber in the sp game"

"all siths use skins with RED team color: every skin that uses a saber in the sp game"

try to shorten em a bit, but it would inform people a lot and stop the confusion :)

good job again!

The source code we released forces Jedi and Mercs to be on different teams if it's a team game. Also, Mercs start with more weapons. If someone simply compiled the MP cgame and game vm's and made it a mod, the Jedi vs. Merc mode would work better (though still unsupported!)

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

The source code we released forces Jedi and Mercs to be on different teams if it's a team game. Also, Mercs start with more weapons. If someone simply compiled the MP cgame and game vm's and made it a mod, the Jedi vs. Merc mode would work better (though still unsupported!)

When's the next patch? ;)

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

That's EXACTLY what we did on our server. However, we're not running the game on Team mode, since we really like dividing the teams into 3 parts. Jedi vs Sith vs Merc. But THANK YOU for implementing that suggestion! I noticed the Mercs starting with more weapons thing...AWESOME WORK! We're messing with coding a few more changes into the mode, and as always, it's available on our server...just set "allow downloads" to ON.

Hope I can see you there Khan!

Sith Lord: As far as the user/pass stuff for that site...I dunno, it was a personal site of someone else's. Maybe they got too many hits...:(

That's EXACTLY what we did on our server. However, we're not running the game on Team mode, since we really like dividing the teams into 3 parts. Jedi vs Sith vs Merc.
Is it just me or is anyone going either Sith or Merc anyway? Mostly it seems to be like 40% Merc, 55% Sith, 5 % Jedi. Hardly any Jedi there, I don't really see the point in distinguishing between those two.

I'd probably like Jedi vs Merc OR Sith vs Merc OR Saber guys vs Mercs better and then having it better supported by making it Team FFA. Although there are server messages that tell people the rules, you still find Sith with green sabers, mercs killing mercs and so forth.

Also it seems that Mercs always win because they rack up lots of kills by accidentally killing their teammates with all that secondary flechette fire. (I know, it is not about the number of kills but just about having fun, but still...)

Well, just my $ 0.02...

Originally posted by Bluezman

Is it just me or is anyone going either Sith or Merc anyway? Mostly it seems to be like 40% Merc, 55% Sith, 5 % Jedi. Hardly any Jedi there, I don't really see the point in distinguishing between those two.

I'd probably like Jedi vs Merc OR Sith vs Merc OR Saber guys vs Mercs better and then having it better supported by making it Team FFA. Although there are server messages that tell people the rules, you still find Sith with green sabers, mercs killing mercs and so forth.

Also it seems that Mercs always win because they rack up lots of kills by accidentally killing their teammates with all that secondary flechette fire. (I know, it is not about the number of kills but just about having fun, but still...)

Well, just my $ 0.02...

You know what? ALL GOOD AND VALID POINTS.

I'd just like to say that that is one awesome server.

Also, could you include some new custom models. I like the Mandalorian one, but could you have the Darth Vader model (for sith), Lady Brena model (I guess for anyone really), and the Aurra Sing model (for merc). All these are great models.

You already have the Darth Vader model? That's strange, because it doesn't show up for me. I don't it's selectable for anyone else either, since I haven't seen anyone using it.

Also the Darth Maul model that was just released would be good too.

Archived