Home

Star Wars Books...

Pada-Wan

I was wondering which SW books i should get. I have never really been a SW freak, but after seeing Epi 2, it made me want to be one. I was a fan before, i wanna be fanatic now. So which books do you guys reccomend?

Thanks! :fett:

Originally posted by Solo Act

I was wondering which SW books i should get. I have never really been a SW freak, but after seeing Epi 2, it made me want to be one. I was a fan before, i wanna be fanatic now. So which books do you guys reccomend?

Thanks! :fett:

the thrawn series, vision of the future, and start reading the new jedi order after those, THOSE BOOKS FREAKING KICK ASS

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Sure they're nice.... if you like that the books are taking the Star Wars universe, p***ing on it, then flushing it down the crapper. :eek:

Yes...they do this by changing the series from

Your favorite Characters encounter a situation that will sureley

destroy them!! Oh no!! Oops, the situation wasn't that bad, they did it, and at a very low cost! It happened again. And again. And again. What's the next book going to be about? Oh...that's right, the same exact THING

to

Woah, what the f*** just happened???

The NJO series is forging the new way of the Galaxy, and clearing the path for the next generation of Hero's. It gives the SW universe a way to continue on into new adventures in the same format we've enjoyed. It is, IMO a way to let SW continue on.

However, before I defend it further, I'm curious, Rhett, why it is you so vehemently dislike the series :)

Because I'm stubborn and I don't want MY Star Wars universe ****ed up and turned into what I consider a mediocre comic book story.

I mean, to me, you just as well might say that Leia turned into a crack wh*re right after RotJ and that Luke and Han got married to each other. :o I just can't explain it better than that. :(

I'm not gonna try and force anyone to not read NJO but please don't try and convince me that it's good. Because I never have and I never will believe that. :(

Yeah Rhett, whats your beef w/ it? And dont say its because of the whole Chewie thing becasue he was starting to shed everywhere. Han probably ordered a mob hit on the guy.*

*SPOILER

* Yes a mob hit where the weapon of choice was a GIANT MOON!! Ooooooh. (pay no attention to me. I get rather stupid after a 12 hour shift. :))

edit: ugh you beat me to it hehe. Oh well if you dont like it then you dont like it. No worries. :)

Because I'm stubborn and I don't want MY Star Wars universe ****ed up and turned into what I consider a mediocre comic book story.

I mean, to me, you just as well might say that Leia turned into a crack wh*re right after RotJ and that Luke and Han got married to each other. :o I just can't explain it better than that. :(

I'm not gonna try and force anyone to not read NJO but please don't try and convince me that it's good. Because I never have and I never will believe that. :(

How far into the series did you get?

Uhh what book was that in? :)

The NJO is the best SW series of books. And not just because of the great story and the very dark setting behind it. But the fact that almost EVERY SW author has done a book for it. Hell, now all they need to do is get Anderson and Zhan onboard, and that will be the greatest series of books EVER. Then, after that, have em all collaborate on the same book.

Originally posted by Dough with Fish

The NJO is the best SW series of books. And not just because of the great story and the very dark setting behind it. But the fact that almost EVERY SW author has done a book for it. Hell, now all they need to do is get Anderson and Zhan onboard, and that will be the greatest series of books EVER. Then, after that, have em all collaborate on the same book.

If Kevin Anderson writes a book for the NJO I will go the way of Rhett. He can keep co-writing his childrens books...ugh, could you imagine a KJA NJO novel? Luke, Mara discovered that the Yuzzhan Vong have recreated the Death Star!! Also, they have a brand new terror weapon called the Galaxy Popper!!! And Mara is getting together with Lando!!!!!

Lando:confused:

Archived