Home

Gaming Devices

Tirinal

Hey all. I'm getting the game in a few days and was wondering what gaming devices you people are using and whether it is possible to properly play the game using only a mouse. I can't use my only gaming controller since Dual-Strike doesn't work for me 'cause apparently its NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS XP! ARGH!!!

Sorry about that. Anyway, thoughts?

Cheers.

I use the following:

CH FighterStick USB

Attack & Alt-Attack, all Force Powers, my special saber-lock macro, changing fighting styles, and moving forward, and turning.

CH ProThrottle USB

Jumping, crouching, seeing the MP score, using inventory items (each to their own button), chaning weapons, and looking up and down. This controller has a mini-stick that you can program the mouse axes to. In this case I've programmed the mouse's Y axis to one of the axes on this mini-stick, which lets me control looking up and down. The other axis I use for strafing left and right. Normally I do this with my pedals, but since the strafing is digital-only (all-on or all-off), it doesn't work very well there. Unreal engine all have analog input, and strafing works much better with pedals in those games.

CH ProPedals USB

Currently, the only thing I use the pedals for are to switch from walk-mode to run-mode. I keep the game defaulting to walking, but when I want to run, I just put the right pedal to the metal, and start running.

Of course, all this cost about $330, but it's worth it to me. These controllers are very versatile and programmable.

To address the question some people may be wondering - yes, I am pretty good at JO. I'm no pro, but that's just because I haven't dedicated very much time to the game. As far as my controllers, they allow me to do everything I need to do with the game.

If you've got the cash, I'd recommend these.

P.S. They're great for flight sims too :cool:

Another nice setup is Joystick in left hand and mouse in right hand.... This gives you mouse free look advantage, with stick functionality.... x, y axis wrist control with multiple hat and fire buttons.

If you use a programable controller you might have to turn off "enable joystick" and map the movement (keyboard) keys to the controller movement axis as there seems to be a conflict otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Tirinal

ummmmmm

use the mouse and keyboard it is less expensive since you already have it and it suits me just fine good enough to get me in 3rd place atleast kill wise :)

hope it helps

Q: How do you make skins????

I was using the keyboard/mouse setup, but I have a Suncom HOTAS setup that I've been dying to use. I avoided it so far because mouse look is by far the best way to look around & turn.

But this week I'm getting the VR setup that they've been advertising on this site. It can emulate mouse look so when you turn your head the screen turns as well. I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for someone to finally make something like this. I'll play with it & post what I think of it for anyone that's interested.

Archived