Home

How to turn off MIP mapping in JK

Guest Obi - Wang

Guest Obi - Wang

I find the MIP mapping in JK making things look extremely blurry and I think my PC could handle JK without it. Can anyone please tell me how to turn it off ?

Should be something in the in-game setup menu, under display.

I know it's there somewhere, because I remember seeing "Turn off mip-mapping?" once when I was fooling around with jkstrings.txt. wink.gif

------------------

"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb

If I remember it well, Mip-mapping is that from a certain distance a model gets a lower res texture, (or even model I think) so that the game can keep running smooth at all times, but indeed, when you've got a super PC, there's not really a need for such a feature. smile.gif

------------------

No!

I am your father.

How to access your advanced settings:

In order to enable the advanced menu, you will have to run JK from the command line. Click Start, then Run then the following:

C:\Program Files\Lucasarts\Jedi Knight\jk.exe -displayconfig

This is assuming that JK is installed in the default directory. If not, you will have to type in your directory structure. For example, if JK was installed in C:\Jedi, you would type: C:\Jedi\jk.exe -displayconfig. Remember, Windows/DOS is not case sensitive, so C:\JeDi is the same as C:\JEDI and c:\jedi.

Once you have started JK, just go to the display menu once again, and towards the bottom, there will be an "Advanced Options" button. Once you go in there, there are all kinds of options, but the only one that will help you is the box that allows you to choose which 3d card you use. Primary Display Driver will be your main 2d card, or your main 2d/3d card, whichever you have. Under that, if you have a separate 3d accelerator, you will see it listed. Just click on it, press OK, and JK will use that one from now on (unless you go back and uncheck then recheck the 3d box - if that's the case, you will have to reset the display as outlined above). The advanced options tab will only show up if you start JK with the -displayconfig switch.

[This message has been edited by ReAcToR (edited May 07, 2001).]

Guest Obi - Wang

thanx for your efforts people, but i'm afraid it didn't do the trick yet. There is no MIP mapping option even in the advanced settings...guess I've got to live with that...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kurgan

Alright, just checking. Because in all seriousness, that information, if it belonged to anyone, would be to LucasArts.

So the community, it would be public knowledge, not an exclusive right of Massassi.net or any other fan website.

But since you were only kidding, I won't press the matter. ; )

Kurgan

Archived