Home

Obi Wan ep 1 and 2 model

TEX360

hello people, just posting a preview of a model pack im working on with Mark Li. Hope you guys like it so far.

obiwanep2.jpg

obiwan.jpg

Yeah the obi-wan from episode 1 looks like a midget, because it was rendered on a resolution that squeezed it, he really looks like the ep2 obiwan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, im done with the qui-gon model now.

quigon.jpg

now im gonna work on teh mace windu model. hope you guys like it.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wut program u use to model that beast? and if iuts downloadable where can i get it. and whered u learn how to do that(i.e. tutorials) cuz im gonna try making a model with that exact clothing of the ep2 obi. Jate Soel, my own jedi around jk2s time

Looking awsome, but there are a couple things that seem odd. On both the models, the tabbards(the strips of cloth that come from over the shoulders) are quite a bit wider on the bottom below the waist than they are on the top. In pictures from the movie, they actually come together in the center and overlap. There's a good pic of it here:

http://www.padawansguide.com/obiwan/costume/obiwan_insider_new1.jpg

Also, something about the sleeve shape just rubs me the wrong way, almost as if it looks like they're begin held away from the arm too much, defying gravity. I know many people have had trouble getting baggy sleeves to look good, but the Mace Windu model which Klorel is working on has captured the look quite nicely:

http://www.geocities.com/crazyhamster03/macewindupreview9.txt

You should also look into doing a cloaked version of each. The new Tyrion model by Bloodriot and Asbath has a great looking cloak on it, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind you using it if you'd ask. I'm dying to do a duel between a cloaked ep II obi and jango fett on the new Kamino Duel map that's being worked on.

Other than those couple nitpicks, these are some damn nice models. From the looks of the forum theres going to be a whole slew of good models coming out in the next month or so.

Originally posted by adrian832

wut program u use to model that beast? and if iuts downloadable where can i get it. and whered u learn how to do that(i.e. tutorials) cuz im gonna try making a model with that exact clothing of the ep2 obi. Jate Soel, my own jedi around jk2s time

just reposted so ud see this

Very nice! Looks like you're just about there with the models.

Adrian: don't do that. You're going to seriously annoy people soon. That's the second time I've seen you repost someting "so ud see this". I have no doubt that TEX reads every single post in this thread, since it directly pertains to him and his work.

BradFu!

Nope, don't live in Illinois, though I wish my last name was Funk! That would be great!

Just wanted to warn you on what you were doing before someone else said something about it in a less civil way :)

BradFu!

Originally posted by TEX360

hello people, just posting a preview of a model pack im working on with Mark Li. Hope you guys like it so far.

obiwanep2.jpg

obiwan.jpg

Yeah the obi-wan from episode 1 looks like a midget, because it was rendered on a resolution that squeezed it, he really looks like the ep2 obiwan.

Looks Sweeet !!!

when can we expect to download these great models ???

These models looks SUPERB, I have no doubt in my mind that these will be the models I use most! Just one question though, when finished, do you plan to include any taunts and sounds from Ep 1 and 2 for them, hope you do, would make the models even better!

-[JO]Master Shawn Kenobi :aobi:

Archived