Home

All Rebels And Jedi, Listen Up!!!

Andrew Past

I have a few ideas here that I need all Rebels and Jedi to read, and reply to. The first idea is Rith Kain's but he said that as long as I give him credit, that he doesn't care if I post it. Here it is...

Rith Kain:I've got 2 ideas id like to share with the other members of the alliance

Alliance City

We could start a large settlement on Tatooine or something, build our housing there, have storage places, cantinas, shops, and we could build walls around the city, and only members of the alliance could be let in. So the city would be purely occupied by our people, run by us, and it could provide good protection for the entire alliance. We should make sure the city is remote, near resource fields(mines) and we should keep the location secret to our members only.

Jedi Crew

I'm going to work hard to become a Twi'lek Jedi, and am hoping to form a Jedi crew of 3 or 4 Jedi. I'm looking for Twi'lek/Human/Bothan or Zabrak Jedi. We could build a large building on the edge of the city that belongs to all of us, and instead of building single houses, all use a large complex for all of us. We could also all fight together, or just chill around the universe, chill at a Cantina, or cause ruckus for the Sith or Gangsters.

This second idea is my idea...

Andrew Past:I think that the Jedi should try to stay together, and try helping the Rebel Alliance so we would have more protection. This doesn't help training much, but you should train on your own to get as strong as you can be.

this next idea is Rith's, and an add on to mine...

Possibly, not only the Jedi, but the entire Rebel Faction should form a large, untakable city, Jedi, Storekeeps, Cantina owners. If we form a large city, surrounded by walls, turrets, and guarded by NPC's, we can form a strong alliance. I don't care how powerful Vader is, but he is NOT going 2 get through a wall of turrets, taking on a army of Jedi AND entire alliance. So i propose that ALL Rebel Faction members should form a large city. Somewhat like Coriscant(not sure bout spelling) and hold a jedi temple, senate building ect. But we need to find a suitable place for it, that will benifit all.

So...

Large city

-Senate

-Alliance SECTORS(part of city belongs 2 an alliance

-Different sectors for different things (Housing, Stores, Industrial, ect.)

-Jedi Temple (Safehouse due to large jedi population)

And other stuff can be added

This next idea is mine, and the big one...

Andrew Past:I have an idea that we should try get all Rebel and Jedi PAs to join together in one big Alliance and all leaders of Rebel and Jedi PAs that join with 5 members or more(currently, but the required number will grow as the game grows), will get a seat on the Senate. The Senate will nominate, and vote and see who will be head members of what dempartments within the Senate,(or if you guys want, a seprate group of leaders who speacilize in different things like military, city matinence,ect.) and the Senate will make key decisions for the Alliance. This will incorporate Rith's idea, and my idea, together;but will also icorporate that we start with one city, and branch out to more cities until eventualy, we control a whole planet, but that will take a while. I think that we should start on Yavin IV, since there won't be as much presence of the Empire, or Hutts, pluss there will be plenty of forests, and swamps to hide our cities at first. If we control enough of the planet that we don't need to worry about our ground defenses for the time being, we should start gathering an armada of spaceships once the expansion pack comes out.

Let me know what you guys think, or you could sign up to join the Alliance or if you are a PA leader, to have your PA join the Alliance. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As U probably know Andrew, being a Jedi is really hard. It's not all about effort but also about chance.

Well enough with the jedi stuff :)

Are u sure u are going to build a huge rebel/jedi base? I mean,

there is a reason why the rebels are secrative u know :)

Unless your totally independant with goods u wont survive :)

Anyway, good luck !

and hope to see u arround more.

:cool:

well, with the taking over a planet speach,

it kind of sounds like your planning to rule the galaxy.

That would take an enormous amount of time invested into the game, as well as a large amount of people.

Someone without a real life might be able to work out the time thing, but where you going the find all them people without a life?

Id start in Arkansas,,,,

Hey I have no life except for on the computer, and the Jedi Masters PA is behind me, and I already know becoming a Jedi will be hard work, and I didn't say I would rule over the Senate, and this is for peace and survival, not galactic domination.

Let me know if anybody/PAs want to sign up, this will be a big step to bringing peace to SWG, even though it's not out yet, we need to plan ahead. By the way, Rith has some 'Alliance City' floor plans, so if you want to know how the first city will look like, then ask him. I think we should start out with opening up alot of Cantinas for a month or so, so we have enough credits to start off with, and even then, we should keep a few cantinas open in a bigger city or two, and then Rebels and the few Jedi that will be with us after some time can go to the cantinas in Alliance city so that they pretty much pay the Alliance back, and the credits will go in a sort of circle, but we will still need to get credits from outside the city too, otherwise we would eventualy go bankrupt. We could also make armor and weapons and sell them.

Originally posted by Koffin

no galactic domination?

damn, what's the fun in that?

Well, we would be a mjor influince on the game, so it's kind of like brining peace and galactic domination at the same time, but democraticly, so if you're a tyrant, you can get kicked out of leadership roles, in other words, we won't be exactly like the Empire, more like the Old Republic, but with my safeguards, like the people will vote for their leaders eventualy, once a city or two is established.

If all the PA's merge, we can only have ONE alliance building. All others would be owned by the builders. So if we have MULTIPLE alliances, one alliance could be a jedi hall/temple, the others build alliance buildings. This will be more efficient than a single structure.

ALSO

It wont be necessary for all players to be online all the time, because if our city declares itself to a faction, were allowed to have NPC guards THROUGHOUT the city, and plenty of them. So it will be guarded all the time, from Hutts or Imperials. Ive read ALL of this stuff and its all true. (from the main site, and unofficial)

Anyways, just let u know :cool:

Since I'll be on almost everyday, and most likely for hours(5-8 hours, and maybe more, but probably more around 8) on end, I think it would be a good idea if I end up being a leader figure, and I'm best at military figures, and even better with air force leadership, I would be a decent politician, but I'm better at military tactics, but I'll let the people decide what I should be, if a leader at all. By the way, good idea Rith,we can name the main faction, 'The Alliance', and we can name the Rest 'The Alliance:Bravo, and other names, and the Senate can vote on it. But first, we need you guys to sign on board, 'cause we need people if we are going to get this to work.

Hmm, I think your intentions are noble and I'm impressed by how much your have thought this through.

If you still want to carry out these ideas when you get the game give me a call :) , Galin Masek.

Its good to see a community forming already, but keeping something as large as a Rebel Base hidden from the all-seeing gaze of the Empire would be hard.

No doubt we would be hunted, just as the Jedi would be.

Well, I am planning on carrying this through the game, and long after it starts, and if we can't keep our base hidden, then we're big enough to defend ourselves, and not even Vader can get through thousands of people, and we would actualy have an army.

Andrew whos to say vader wont have help.. dude...be prepared for many imperial sympathizers to be with avader and im suresince player will be controling vader.. he'll have a LARge army with him.. to probably match or concqure your number of people there.. also..who say's it will survive to be that long..ever hear of orbital bombardment? :) The imperials were known to take down cocky rebels that way

Well i do think it is brave what you are trying to pull of....

but i think it is nearly impossible to pull it off...

But i do think you will be able to get some rebels PA's to join up.. i think you can pull of a nice resistans.

but im sorry to report that the Associates PA will not be joining up. we are a neutral PA... casue we are made up from all factions... we help eachother out to get threw th hard life in SWG... :D

But we all wish you the best of luck... and if you ever need transports for goods or anything .. contact me or the associates :D

c ya

-Wraith 8-

Well I doubt Vader himself would turn up on our doorstep, :p ,seeing as that may mess with storylines a little. But no doubt player generals could take an imperial strike force and attack the base.

Where would you situate the base? I believe, planet wise, we start with Naboo, Yavin IV and Tatooine. Unlikely you would be allowed to build many places on Yavin.

Anyway, a great idea, and I hope it goes ahead in the future.

Originally posted by Galin Masek

Well I doubt Vader himself would turn up on our doorstep, :p ,seeing as that may mess with storylines a little. But no doubt player generals could take an imperial strike force and attack the base.

Where would you situate the base? I believe, planet wise, we start with Naboo, Yavin IV and Tatooine. Unlikely you would be allowed to build many places on Yavin.

Anyway, a great idea, and I hope it goes ahead in the future.

why would that mess up the story line? vader will be out there hunting jedi's and destroying the rebel.. he has hordes and hordes of stormtroopers under his command...... and then we have players who are commanders of again hordes of stormtrooper.s... i think you should not show yourself untill you are absolute confident of defeating those stormtroopers :D... but this is what i think

-Wraith 8-

Originally posted by Wraith 8

I think you should not show yourself untill you are absolute confident of defeating those stormtroopers.

-Wraith 8-

I'm planning on keeping the base hidden as long as I can, and this is possible to pull off, since nobody is just going to know where the base is, so they are going to have to search a planet with tons of forests and swamps, and there is usualy fog, and the planet would be the size of EQ, so I don't think that someone will just stumble onto our base with those conditions for a long time.

All I can say is that I think you may be setting your sights a bit too high.

I applaud your vision and your passion for what you believe but I think you're failing to see the realistic expectations of what is and isnt possible.

1. The setting for this universe is during the height of the Galactic Civil War. Unless I'm mistaken, I read that it will take place just after the battle of Yavin. Which in my opinion would mean that it's the prime time when the Empire is most majorly upset with the Rebellion. The Rebellion just destroyed the Death Star. I know I would be a tad angry if someone broke my new toy. The Empire will be looking for large settlements of Rebels. The key to a successful political-military structure is to crush your enemy before they get too powerful that they become a threat.

2. The more I read, the more I believe attaining the rank of Jedi or even Padawan is going to be next to impossible. Even if they made becoming a Jedi moderately difficult, there would be hundreds on every server...this would ruin the timeline of the story as the Jedi are supposed to be "all but extinct".

These are just my observations and you can take them for what you will.

I wish you luck with your mission. May the Force be with you.

When you say our, does that mean that you're signing up and coming a board.

Didn't mean to be premature ofcourse, but show me where to sign up and you have my support :)

why would that mess up the story line? vader will be out there hunting jedi's and destroying the rebel.. he has hordes and hordes of stormtroopers under his command......

I just thought Wraith that, say the stormtroopers were destroyed and Vader himself was on the battle field, then he would be invincible wouldnt he? Obviously they could not allow him to be killed, as that would totally screw the story! :p

Perhaps maybe you may hear it is his command ship, or he is commanding the men from wherever... but to see the Dark Lord himself, I think it unlikely. Personally.

Originally posted by Niroe

All I can say is that I think you may be setting your sights a bit too high.

I applaud your vision and your passion for what you believe but I think you're failing to see the realistic expectations of what is and isnt possible.

1. The setting for this universe is during the height of the Galactic Civil War. Unless I'm mistaken, I read that it will take place just after the battle of Yavin. Which in my opinion would mean that it's the prime time when the Empire is most majorly upset with the Rebellion. The Rebellion just destroyed the Death Star. I know I would be a tad angry if someone broke my new toy. The Empire will be looking for large settlements of Rebels. The key to a successful political-military structure is to crush your enemy before they get too powerful that they become a threat.

2. The more I read, the more I believe attaining the rank of Jedi or even Padawan is going to be next to impossible. Even if they made becoming a Jedi moderately difficult, there would be hundreds on every server...this would ruin the timeline of the story as the Jedi are supposed to be "all but extinct".

These are just my observations and you can take them for what you will.

I wish you luck with your mission. May the Force be with you.

Well, now the Empire knows that Rebels were on Yavin and they wouldn't expect them to show up again there right away, and they can't just know where you are, and it will be hard to find us on a planet bigger then EQ, so we would be safe for quite a while, and Galaxies is alternate to the movies, based on them yes, but still an alternate.

Archived