Home

All Rebels And Jedi, Listen Up!!!

Andrew Past

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is gettin a little far-fetched, I know this game is supposed to be realistic but I do think the Empire will find your base by following transports.

AI is not that good, I could understand you being hunted by Imperial PLAYERS, but not NPC's alone.

Thats why you have kick ass generals incharge of the alright npcs :).. i do also beleave that imperial commandos can be played by the players them selfs...besides we will ahve atat's :) well i hope so.. i mean if i cant control walkers..wtf then whats the use here i come bounty hunter school.ifi cant control the heavy weapons.. that takes the air from my sails

Building supplies DO go everywhere, but not enough to build a city to one REMOTE area. you underestimate the empire's banking computers. The galaxy uses Imperial Credits as money, and the imperials own the galaxy. And my EU book says shipping managers that report unusual activity that leads to rebel arrests get a bonus. Besides, the rebels are only 1000 or so people in a galaxy. You couldn't find that many rebel shipment managers. And my EU book says imperials also had sting operations.

so just SAY your imperials so we leave you alone :p

Originally posted by Bowen_Dural

I look forward to killing you all. :atat:

uhmmm if i say welcome... wil you bite my fingers off?

welcome to SWgalaxies.net.

*hides fingers*

now that was a nice peacefull post you made there. :D

hope to see you around some more.

hmm, interesting, most interesting...

will your base stay secret long enough to avoid being crushed when it is discovered?

will you gather enough supplies and soldiers to stage raiding operations without being caught?

will I get to lead AT-ATs into your base, laughing maniacally as they blow it to bits (I hope!)?

what with some players dedicated to either side of the civil war and others just trying to get along and make ends meet, this game is going to be great!

Incidentally, some points you rebels might want to remember:

Hoth, undoubtably one mother of a base, was evacuated as soon as it was compromised.

The Rebellion's use of cells and guriella warfare ultimately put it in the position of being able to defeat the Empire at Endor, but even then they needed a whole lot of luck to pull of a win...

Looking forwards to opposing you in the fall (that's what you rebels call Autumn right?)

Hail Palpatine!

Royalguard, you manage to pinpoint one of the really great things:

Players will have to make a choise. For some, most of your time will be used fighting for a cause. For other, that cause is simply to live your life as you want.You can stay totally neutral, or sympathize with the rebels, hutts, or imps, or take the decisive step and join a faction. And why not try to have a high reputation with each and every faction? Now there's the ultimate feat of balance.

Not making the choises black and white, and making you have to work to be able to join a faction instead of just making the choise when you create your char, is very neat indeed.

As I'll propably play neutral, this will be a delicate, and hopefully very enjoyable balancing act!

Originally posted by RoyalGuard

hmm, interesting, most interesting...

will your base stay secret long enough to avoid being crushed when it is discovered?

will you gather enough supplies and soldiers to stage raiding operations without being caught?

will I get to lead AT-ATs into your base, laughing maniacally as they blow it to bits (I hope!)?

what with some players dedicated to either side of the civil war and others just trying to get along and make ends meet, this game is going to be great!

Incidentally, some points you rebels might want to remember:

Hoth, undoubtably one mother of a base, was evacuated as soon as it was compromised.

The Rebellion's use of cells and guriella warfare ultimately put it in the position of being able to defeat the Empire at Endor, but even then they needed a whole lot of luck to pull of a win...

Looking forwards to opposing you in the fall (that's what you rebels call Autumn right?)

Hail Palpatine!

Yes our base will stay secret enough to avoid being crushed. And will not be raiding any of the innocent, if we do any raids, it will be against the Empire, and if we take any already stolen, than we will return the stolen items that the cowardly Empire already stole from the innocent. (And I call it Fall)

All Imperial citizens are innocent :D

(*tries to stop nose growing too much*)

we'll just have to see how effective probe droids and good 'ol fashioned sell-outs are at compromising your security are won't we? Oh and the whole fall thing was just to emphasise that all Imp officers seem to have British accents....

Royalguard, you manage to pinpoint one of the really great things

Wow, praise, I must be onto something!

As I'll propably play neutral, this will be a delicate, and hopefully very enjoyable balancing act!

Just don't let me catch you 'balancing' too far towards the rebels or the Hutts, or I might have to bring you in for questioning...

Heh, in your dreams, RoyalGuard. You know how we deal with nosey imps on Corellia? Guess you really don't want to find out! :p

And a little praise now and then is good.

EDIT:

And never, ever underestimate the evil power of the brittish accent! :)

Heh, in your dreams, RoyalGuard. You know how we deal with nosey imps on Corellia?

If I hear that you've crossed the line, I'll get you even if I have to go through Corsec to do it, I hear that they have a very efficient Imperial Liason officer at the moment, does the name Kirtan Loor ring any bells? (said with as evil a British accent as possible :D )

Lets see who really has the right contacts within Corsec, will we? And Kirtan Loor rings a bell, since he recently got transfered after some... inscriminating evidence. Trei Retik is the boss around this district now, and I have yet to see the imp who makes him back down, unlike that spineless Kirtan.

[/ooc: ok, that was a very cheap shot. Sorry. Couldn't resist. Its quite late here by now]

EDIT: Why is it that my mental image of Corellia is slowly, but steadily, mixing with my image of the Picts? Help me? Please? Soon I'll paint woad all over me and starts blasting romans!

lol...well ill stay neutral... but i will often take jobs for sides... if the empire needs something to go somewhere undetected..... goods this is.. i will take the job.. or just a transport run...

but if a Hutt asks me too.. i will do it.

that also goes for the rebellion.

Im just a guy trying to get around in the galaxy :D;)

Trei Retik is the boss around this district now, and I have yet to see the imp who makes him back down

Trei Retik has yet to meet me, I can be quite direct and very unsubtle when I need to be :D

But I doubt it will matter, unless you're planning on visiting tatooine, as I don't plan on moving around much until I've got tatooine to be a law abiding colony (yes, I'm well aware that I may never leave alive!)

but if a Hutt asks me too.. i will do it.

Illegal smuggling will be dealt with in the harshest means possible. Nothing personal, just business ;)

that also goes for the rebellion

Oh you sooo don't want to go there :)

Originally posted by RoyalGuard

But I doubt it will matter, unless you're planning on visiting tatooine, as I don't plan on moving around much until I've got tatooine to be a law abiding colony (yes, I'm well aware that I may never leave alive!)

You're goin to tackle those redneck lowlifes, who don't even know there's such thing as a bath? Good luck, I don't envy you! ;)

If you do make a base make sure:

-That it's a secret

-That's it's well defended

-Make sure it can easily be moved in case of invasion

-HIGH SECURITY IS PRESENT! (Remember what almost happenend at Datooine...)

Those may seem obivious, but like Kyle Katarn said (I believe) "The obvious is sometimes forgotten during battle"

Long Live the Alliance!

Archived