Home

The Cantina Six: Return of the Dead Guy

Deac

*Starr closes his eyes for a moment. Visions flash before them...Then he opens them again*

We must meet Odin first...without him, this mission is destined to fail.

*Starr pauses, shutting his eyes again*

You said your transport was cloaked?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(are you talking to me?)

Einherjar Com officer: Sir we have have an incoming message. It appears to be coordinates.

OdinPlace the coordinates in the Nav computer, and as soon as a the calculations are done make the jump.

Einherjar Officer:It will be done my Lord. Calulations are done. Eta to destination 3 hours.

3 Hours later, the transport comes out of hyperspace, below and to the right of Deac's ship (hey I spelled his name right this time :D)

Einherjar Officer: We have arrived sir. Sensors are picking up an ship above use, 3 kilometers away. Your orders?

OdinHail the ship. Tell them that I have arrived, and wish an update on the situation. Helm bring us close to the transport.

Helm: As you command.

Odin, we're going after Cracken and we want you to help. As for your men, I'd be honoured if they fought alongside the House's troops.

And Starr, yes, this ship does have a rare cloaking device. It still works, even after 50 years. Power cells have a half-life of 300.

Starr: All four of us must go...but I cannot face him. I want to, but I know it will end in defeat. My revenge will be to cause his downfall.

We must enter before the fleet arrives...the Crimson Star will lower all its shields to let fighters out. Once your fleets arrive, it will lower only one shield at a time, making it too difficult to get in. You should summon the fleet as soon as you're inside.

*he closes his eyes again for a moment*

We must land under cloak inside Cracken's Super Star Destroyer. From there...I can lead you to Cracken.

Transport docks with Deac's ship. Odin and four Einherjar. After finishing the docking procedure, Odin's transport makes a jump to hyperspace.

Hello Deac. What is the house army? My Einherjar, operate on their own. They will take objectives if I approve, but they will not take on any outsiders.

Shouldn't we be going.

(OOS: So comes the end of a great plan... I was hoping you'd let me destroy the planet Cracken... I had a great, and rather amusing, post set for that. But improvisation is the sign of true genius, and I've never denied being that. Oh, and by the way, this post isn't actually going to do much, just give some background and character development on Katani. So, if need be you can prolly skip it, but I'll try to make it interesting reading nonetheless. Trying to increase the whole wordsmithing skills and all.)

Katani thought to himself how dissappointed he was. He had hoped to completely destroy Belkadan. To tap into their computer systems and revel in the screams of it's sentients at their impending doom. To become a god, to hold the strings of life and death in his hands, and to feel the pain as he tugged each, the joy, elation, sorrow and agony. He would be the Harbinger of doom, and Death would follow him like a submissive dog, obeying his every beck and call.

The Conqueror stood waiting for him when he returned to the hangar. He climbed aboard, still a bit dejected, but also savoring the anticipation of the utter dominance he would bring upon Belkadan and it's inhabitants. Perhaps he would kill them all anyway, despite what Lord Cracken had said. Perhaps he would make himself Lord of Belkadan, controlling the people like the ruler he was born to be... like he should have been over Kuat. If it wasn't for Deac Stakiller... if it wasn't for Cracken. Many had stood in his way before. Many obstacles, many people. But he had passed them all. And then, only one thing stood in his way, one man who could destroy him. One man whose knowledge could prove deadly to his very existence. Deac Starkiller. And so, when properly equipped with a few dozen Noghri, he headed to a particular cantina on Tatooine. There he found Deac... and proceeded to lose yet another fight because of his underestimating his foes. But no more. He now had the Ultimate Weapon... despite what he'd told Cracken, nothing could destroy this beauty. He would survive. Alone.

*An Old last model Z-95 Headhunter drops out of hyperspace at Belkaden.*

*Taklin Flax' personnal fighter, the "BattleDog", was not a Headhunter. Granted, it had the hull, wings and cockpit; however the craft had shields rating on Capship levels, guns more powerfull than Turbo lasers. These guns were tachyn, pure energy weapons.*

*Flax had sensed a strange, menacing presance, un holy and inhumen.*

Killing it fit right in with his job description.

*Flax clokes his fighter.

*Deac's cloaked ship, with Deac, Odin, Flax, the Einherjar, (and whoever Deac and Flax brought along for the ride, I assume a commando team) exits hyperspace over Kuat. The Crimson Star is dead ahead...*

Starr: Remember, don't call in the rest of the fleet till we're inside the Titan...

((edit: Didn't see Battledog's post;

OOS: @Battledog: Didn't you say/imply you were with Deac?

Remember Deac, none of us can take him alone. He already killed me once. Hell I've killed more Sith Lords than you've had birthdays! That guy is the son of the Emperor.

And...how did you find Belkaden?

A) Superthrawn never said he arrived at Belkaden yet. He could still even be at Kuat.

B) How did you know he was going there?

C) How do you know his character is so "foul and unnatural"? :D

D) Why did you leave Deac? When did you?

You know...if it's a different person at Belkaden by random coincidence, it would still work...but currently it looks like borderlime godmode...if I'm wrong, Deac, correct me))

OSS: Wow, what was I on!?!?!?

Right, for the record:

*This post is timed just before Deac's jump to hyper space.*

*Flax' X-Wing floats in space, at the centre of a huge formation of fighters.*

Flax: Good luck Deac. The fleet awaits your call.

OSS: For the record Flax only ever flys his own fighter or transport. He hates being on other peoples ships.

((OOS: It was probably unconscious compensation for my uber-nitpickyness :D

Actually, this is a good thing, because I didn't know your personal fighter was that powerful; it can actually be more useful than I imagined ;)))

*in response to Deac's question*

Starr: You and Odin must attack him directly. I will lead you to his command chambers...I have seen them in a vision. As for getting in...the Crimson Star's weakness is that it doesn't have its weapons systems fully charged. Only its shields are kept up. It has fired its superlaser system within the past few hours, so it won't be fully charged yet, and it will take another day to prepare the antimatter cannon for firing again.

Cracken will be controlling the fleet through the Force, just as Darth Vader and the Emperor did at the Battle of Endor. This ship can sneak under cloak into the Crimson Star itself when it lowers it shields to let fighters out. We must infiltrate the SSD Titan in the moon's core. Once inside, the cloak will be useless.

*closes his eyes again*

His command chambers will be heavily guarded, perhaps with Reborn clones....yes, I can sense their signature on the Force. It is clouding my ability to see Cracken... He may not be in the Titan's command chambers when we get there...after we defeat the guards, I will be able to find him.

Immediately after we enter the SSD, you must summon the fleet. Talkin Flax must lead the attack on the Crimson Star, because his fighter is the only one the right size yet with strong enough shields to survive the attack...he must bring the shields of the beast down. *Starr takes out a holo and points to the image projected; it looks like the Death Star's trench except with an enclosed shaft at the end* Right there: There is a shaft leading to the main control systems. The central shield projector is located here, but it cannot be hurt by ordinary fighter weapons...only weapons more powerful than a turbolaser, which Flax has on his fighter. The shaft is only small enough for a one-man fighter to fit through and get back out, which was why it was constructed this way; no capship could get in to bring the shields down.

Once the outer shields are down---the inner shields will still be up; the Crimson Star has a better design than Palpatine's Death Star...no fighters will be able to get inside the superweapon itself, but attack can be commenced to destroy the primary superlasers before they can be fired again. By this time, we have to have gotten to Cracken, so he will be distracted enough that the New Republic's fleet can have a chance against his.

*Starr pauses for breath, then nods and puts away the projector*

Hurry...we must get inside before Cracken can sense us.

Katani finally finished strapping himself into the [iConqueror.[/i] That little bit of rhetoric he'd just gone through had been good for his psyche, but bad on time. He'd wasted almost five minutes sitting there thinking. He had no doubt the techs waiting to launch him were becoming impatient. But, no matter. He was their master now, and there were few who could do more harm to them than him.

The Uplink slid into it's slot easily, plunging Katani back into the "Real World." He'd been away so long, he almost couldn't remember what it was like. But now that he was back... it was like a Crack addict who just got their first hit after a month of withdrawl. He felt like he could fly. And he could.

The tech had, indeed, become impatient. He couldn't wait for this ingrate to launch. He strutted around here like he owned the place, like he could order around anyone he wanted to. When he'd barged into the day lounge, taking him off his break to come and launch him off, then had sat in his cockpit for five minutes staring off into space, he'd let off a string of curses that would make most mothers blush and most scoundrels stand up and applaud.

Katani ran through the briefest of preflight checks, then activated the repulsorlifts on the Conqueror, raising a comfortable two meters off the deck, and manuevering it down and out of the opeining of the hangar bay. He then kicked in the engines, and put space tracks between himself and Lord Cracken. It would be a long time before he'd want to return here again... just the way Cracken had planned it.

Katani docked up with the Star Destroyer that was to carry him to Belkadan, noting it's name; the Sanity's Requiem. How fitting.

The Captain of the Sanity's Requiem turned out to be a man by the name of Tistre. He proceeded to tell Katani the whole of the story of how he'd risen up through the ranks of first the Imperial Navy, and then the Neo-Imperial Navy. By the end of the narration, Katani was ready to list to the man a long list of grievances the Emperor had committed, starting with the destruction of the Jedi, continuing to the destruction of Alderaan, and ending with the destruction of the ability of Storytelling. He decided it would simply be easier to kill the man instead. But that would come after Belkadan. He still needed this ship, and this man, to get him where he needed to go. The curses of necessity.

The Star Destroyer dropped out of hyperspace well outside the planet Belkadan, partly for reasons of avoiding an ambush, and partly because Katani had insisted that they didn't want to be close when the shooting started. He pulled out of the hangar bay, and found that a veritable fleet of ships hung over the planet. Apparently, someone knew he was coming.

((OOS: Shields are the biggest concern, and your 160 SBD is still far better than the normal X-Wing 50 SBD; you'd actually have a shot at taking out the outer shield generator and still getting out. Plus I understand your laser cannons are capship level (at least, Starr thinks they are, and he's the one planning this thingamajig)))

*Starr pilots the transport to the Crimson Star's surface, seeming to grow more nervous by the moment. Droid TIE fighters, along with miscellaneous other TIE types, pour out of the moon's ports.*

Starr: Wherever there's TIEs going out...that's where the shields are down.

*Starr flies the transport into a stream of TIE drones. The sight of so many TIEs moving past the transport in the opposite direction is unnerving, despite the party's knowledge that they could not be seen. The transport flies safely down the wide chute deep into the core of the Crimson Star. They reach an open inner level inside the moon, and the party spots several chutes through which drones are entering rather than exiting*

Starr: Let's try one of those...

*the transport enters one of the chutes and is suddenly sucked forward at incredible speed. They eject right in the middle cavern of the Crimson Star to behold the sight of the massive Titan suspended in the center of the core*

Starr: Look! It's the Super Star Destroyer! Cracken's command ship!

((oos, now you know I have personal bodyguards/troops, and yet you fail ask, what army I have available to put towards this op, that or ships.... And further info, Aesir, is a warrior race, we like big weapons/powerful :D)

Looking out the window at the massive imperial fleet. Odin begins to laugh.

I thought you said this was going to be hard. What do you want blown up first?

((OOS: @Admiral: Your timing is a wee bit off...we're inside the Crimson Star now, there's only the SSD Titan there :D I'll assume you said that when we were entering

And the reason nobody asked for your army: Starr didn't think of it :D))

*the transport, still under cloak, enters the hangar of the Super Star Destroyer Titan. Everybody exits the ship*

Starr: Hurry! We have to get to the command chambers! *shuts his eyes and concentrates* This way! *runs to the second-to-nearest entrance and sabers the door open* Follow me! Watch out for Reborn!

*As they run, Starr comms Flax, a microjump away with the NR fleet* General Flax! Get here ASAP! Transmitting your flight plan---*taps buttons*---now! Take out that shield generator and then take out the superlasers! You'll have less than twenty minutes before they can charge! Go, go, go!

*The party run down a corridor, heading toward Cracken's private inner sanctum. But, before they can get there, they are jumped. Two reborn behind, two in front, along with...*

Reletha. You have a tendancy for backing the losing side...

Reletha: Shut up. No pointless banter, no revealing of secret plans. Just plain, simple death. *Turns to Reborn* Get to it!

((oos: Damn Lag :) ))

One of the reborn goes after Odin. The two engage in combat. The relatively small hallway, prevents the use of everyone using a lightsaber (after all two side by side , swinging would most likely hit each other)

Pulling a vibroblade, Odin lunges after the reborn. The ensueing combat between the two, is violent but the reborn was obviously new and inexperienced.

Odin finally pushes the blade through the reborn's eye, spilling blood everywhere. Whipping the blade on his pants, Odin looks around to see if anyone else needed help.

Flax: Red group, go. All fighters follow me.

*The fleet enters hyper space*

*The fleet exits*

*The DefianceII opens up with her BIG guns. 3 golden bolts concentrate on a portion of the shield.*

Command: Sector 27 is down.

*The fighters power into though the shield.*

*Flax: Find the power terminals.*

*Time compression*

Keyan Farlander: This is Blue 1, we've found a reactor shaft!

Flax: You're kidding!

Kayan: Nope.

Green Wing: The Shield is down!

Flax: Capships retreat. Corsair wing remains, all other fighters retreat! Go.

*Red group start thier run.*

Archived