Home

[B]X-Pac Idea!!!![/B]

darthfergie

Do you like the Idea (read Below before voting please)  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Idea (read Below before voting please)

• YES!!!!!:eek: It is so awesome!!!!
    • No I could come up with a better one in my sleep

Originally posted by Master Yoda

The Idea is cool but it wouldnt workout to good. I think they just need to make a whole new stategy game set in space only, Like a Rebellion 2 or something.

NOT REBELLION 2!!!!

Something made just in space eh...

I've got you covered on that one...

Armada II engine and put SW ships in there, etc. (see my full idea in the Greetings thread)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by darthfergie

I like Rebellion also but the engine isn't right for the idea. If you want a game only about fleet battles you get an engine specifically designed for fleet battles...thus Armada II engine.

Well I think if they were to make a Reb2 it wouldn't be using the, what 5 year old game engine. :)

Originally posted by Kvan

Well I think if they were to make a Reb2 it wouldn't be using the, what 5 year old game engine. :)

No they would most likly use a Shogun like engine...twin engines and both will different purposes. They had one engine control the strategy board game bit and a completely different engine for the ground battles in the game. If SW does a Reb 2 like that they might want to go with 3 engines...1 main strategy,1ship battle,1 ground battle. That was a bad factor about Reb. you never got to do the ground battles. You just had to overwelm them.

If you want to make a space battle RTS game (I’m totally all for it) the quick and dirty way just learn how to mod Home World or find a buch of SW fans who can code see if you can get you hands on the Home World Source Code and redo the engine (good luck)and use that engine if you put it into GB there’s no way you can really balance it all out it would be too hard you would probably need to set them all up as water units and have a pure water map the way I understand shields are set up in GB they won’t do much defense against orbital bombardment

Originally posted by Kavam1

If you want to make a space battle RTS game (I’m totally all for it) the quick and dirty way just learn how to mod Home World or find a buch of SW fans who can code see if you can get you hands on the Home World Source Code and redo the engine (good luck)and use that engine if you put it into GB there’s no way you can really balance it all out it would be too hard you would probably need to set them all up as water units and have a pure water map the way I understand shields are set up in GB they won’t do much defense against orbital bombardment

There is already a SW Homeworld TC. I'd go with Armada 2.

Originally posted by Link Antilles

Gungans and Wookies would have a tiny disadvantge.

Not really.

1)Gungans- To start off they won't have a Space Navy. But their troops will get an extra boost. Also their Navy will be unstoppable in the water.(unless they get bombarded by a ton of fighters...)

2)Wookies-They would get a Huge bonus on troops. And they would have a Galactic Navy. It wouldn't be the best but it is beeter than nothing. They would have a villager bonus for faster gathering also.

You see. It is pretty simple to balance a game. The designers at Lucasarts could probably do better than I can, but still.:D

Originally posted by Compa_Mighty

A space x-pack isn't a good idea... Just more civs (Mon Cal) Techs, units & terrain.

Yup I totally agree. Like I said in another thread like this (http://forums.galacticbattles.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=678), just add more space units, not capital ships! :)

BTW Why are there so many of these "Space Expansion ideas" all of a sudden?!

Originally posted by Compa_Mighty

I wonder that also... :confused: And besides an x-pack with different engine?! It just can't be done.

I wasn't talking about making an Expansion with a new engine, I meant a whole new game with just SW Ships....I think thats waht everyone meant, if not my bad :)

Originally posted by Darth_Rommel

Not everbody... What about rebellion 2? Sign the "petition"... It's got capital ships...

Must I post my reasons twice...:rolleyes:

NOT REBELLION 2!!!!

Armada II engine and put SW ships in there, etc. (see my full idea in the Greetings thread)

Originally posted by darthfergie

Must I post my reasons twice...:rolleyes:

NOT REBELLION 2!!!!

So fergie if you want the game just in space, I guess your idea of having it in the X-pack is out ? :)

Originally posted by Crackercho

I think a new SW game in space will be a great idea,but i don't agree with the capital ship.

What in the world???!!!???:confused:

If you exclude Capitol ships then you have an RTS with JUST fighters???:rolleyes: Capitol Ships AND fighters would be ten times better and It would add more depth to the game.

Guest Palpatine

Another idea for the xpack would be adding new civs. I suggest the Yuzzan Vhong (pardon my spelling) the alien race that was conquering the galaxy after the fall of the Empire and the rise of the New Republic.

:deathii:

Perhaps they could also add as a new civ. the armies of the "Charismatic Separatist" from EP2 that was supposedly separating solar systems from the Old Republic.

:deathii:

Another civ. to consider would be the Falleen, race of Prince Xizor. This reptilian race suffered with the bombardment of their planet by what would have been a "test" from the empire. Xizor could even be the special "general" like Vader is for the Empire, and Chewbacca is for the Wookies.

Read on the Falleen here:

http://www1.theforce.net/CUSWE/search.asp?search=Falleen&EandD=EyDn&no=10

Archived