Home

why is it...?

Iblis Reborn

Lots of people expect that they are the best and that anyone who manages to beat them must be cheating - it's just a big ego some people have, annoying yes, effective no - generally those kinds of people will end up leaving a server anyway. Just keep your ground and don't bother with others who try to accuse people rather accept their defeat.

Cheers ;)

Well, Wilhuf and I have accused people of cheating on his dedicated-server, which by the way is set up as a Pure Server, and he has kicked them. Then they attempt to rejoin, and the server then disallows them from rejoining, giving off a "Impure client PK3" error message, which leads us to believe that some people are making it through the pure/impure screening process, and getting onto pure servers, with hacked game files.

In this case, it was people who were able to pull us off our feet and backstab us every single time, with impunity. And Wilhuf and I are no dummies - we know that if you're moving, and the person pulling you is standing still, then they can still pull you off your feet. We know that if the person has Absorb on, he can still pull you off your feet, even if you both have the same level of Push/Pull, because Absorb negates your automatic counter. We know all this, and can normally deal with such players quite easily.

But these particular people were able to knock us off our feet at will, despite our using proven tactics to counter the Pull/Backstab combination. That their rejoin-attempts were rejected by the server due to them having impure clients seems to confirm our suspiscions.

Anyone else notice people with impure clients making onto pure servers?

I know there are, plenty of cheaters out there. It's just plain sad to see. I spectated one day and "followed" a player whom seemed unstoppable. People were calling him a cheat, hacker, blah, blah, blah....and I thought "opposing those thoughts" this guy must be really good if everyone is accusing him of cheating. To my disappointment, he was. Telltale signs....getting into a solo fight with 6 oppossing teammembers, taking hits left and right, not using heal, not retreating for shields or health, survived a direct DFA from one player, survived two direct backstabs.....killed all of them and walked away with shields down only half. HMMM, that doesn't make anybody think he could possibly been cheating....maybe running a program while playing to up his stats, or lessen the damage. Nope, couldn't be. He just has to be good. I've seen a lot of these people, especially the annoying idiots on a "no cheat" server whom can't be killed. They just stand there and show off their "invincibility".

So YES, not everyone is just plain good, there are a lot of cheaters out there. Does this mean, you, or anyone else who actually does well in a game, is a cheater. No. It's just sad there are people out there that can ruin your reputation before you even started playing.

P.S. I got called a cheater the other day because some idiot newbie thought kick was "unblockable". When he tried to kick me, I slaughtered him with well timed series of forward lunges. Some people are actually stupid enough to believe anyone that beats you is a cheater.

Originally posted by Iblis Reborn

why is it that almost anytime im doing really good on a server someone usually accuses me of cheating

it just really makes it frustrating and kills the fun out of it when ppl do that

im sure im not the only one its happened to either

yeah happens in all online shooters. although i admit its much worse in jk2. the jk2 community is very imature. just ignore em.

I've done good on plenty of server and never been accused of cheating. Of course, I avoid FFA completely, becuase the vast majority of FFAers are immature newbs that got bored of CS/Q3/UT/JK1/anything else equally as mindless in multiplayer.

Yeah but...FFA (saber only) servers are a geat place to practice.

There's nothing more fustrating thatn being a newbie and trying to play duel servers. Also, who feels like spectating all the time....

Sometimes i just wannna play, waiting around when you only have a few minutes a day to play is lame... I like FFA

I totally agree with you guys. There are some *really* awesome players out there that can really just rip everyone apart.......but these people are few and far between. Unfortunately, I think more commonly you will find script kiddies/hackers/cheaters whatever you want to call them.

I had an incident where a guy had the imperial blaster and was shooting me. I had my lightsaber out and so I was deflecting all the shots. I kept running towards him and he just kept pushing me back, probably 7 or 8 times he threw me back, so I finally whipped out the good old pulse gun and gave him a quick shot then ran to get in close.

I drew my lightsaber again and he just kept trying to shoot me with his blaster rifle. So, I decided some lightning was in order.

Now, I had full force and he had just pushed me a good 7 times and we both shot lighting at each other. I held in the lightning until all my force was gone but he just kept hitting me with it. I slashed and slashed at him (he still had the gun out, so I hit him every time) then, when my force filled almost half way again, I gave him some more lightning. Now, this WHOLE time, he was still shooting a constant stream of lightning at me and I finally died!! So, now being pissed off I went out looking for him. Well, I found him standing all alone on a ledge. So, I used push a couple of times and he just stood there staring at me blankly with his blaster. So, I whip out the saber and go to town on him. All the while I'm giving it all I've got with lightning/push and he just stands there and laughs at me! So, then he starts firing the stupid imperial blaster and at such a close range every few shots gets through and does some damage, but I figure if I'm slashing him constantly and he's only hitting me every few shots and i'm full health then I should definately win, right?

Well, I was wrong......it was like a 5 minute fight.....he just stood there and kept blasting at me while i slashed and slashed and slashed and eventually died.

Needless to say, this guy was leading by a HUGE margin on the server.

Then, you have the people who run around in the sky and shoot down on you. I've yet to figure this one out and I ALMOST got a screeny of a guy doing it! I was playing FFA and I was running around out in the open and these bowcaster shots keep coming down at me, so I look up and see a boba fett guy shooting at me. So, I run all the way to the other end of the map and look up and he's following me! It's really funny to see because he's suspended in the middle of the air, but when he moves, his legs move like he's running hehehe

Anyway, I tried to accuse one of these guys of cheating once and of course, everyone else on the server came to his immediate defense.......but ohh well.......I suppose maybe if I wasn't such a noob and if I practiced as much as they do, I could fly around a level through walls and everything and never run out of force power too, huh? ;-)

Well, that's my 2 cents

I'd just like to know where these people get these hacked .pk3 files. I mean, I don't see people advertising them on the forum or anything and I haven't heard of any websites offering anything like that. Do they make them themselves?

Archived