Home

I'm writing back and forth to a LucasArts Rep ...

QuietSith

hee there

Good of you to e-mail this dude. Maybe he can stop this *assfigting*.

But I read this guy wants more proof. Why don't you make a small demo and e-mail that too him.

Can I have the e-mail adress to, maybe I can e-mail my demo. Than he has the "more explaination" he wants.

But for the game, it's the community's fault. You guys started this. You e-mailt and posted this is lame that is lame etc. SO now you have your new Jedi *assfighting game* Outcast game.

The only thing that should have been fixed was the *DFA* (that's how you guys call the one hit move, with the heavy stance).

The move should only have been tweak like, it's still a one hit move. Only that when the move doens't connect and you excedently step on the saber it doens't kill ya. The game would then still be fun to play.

I would hope that Lucas Arts and Raven are in negotiations for an expansion to JK2 as we type this thread.

There was mention of other "secret" projects somewhere or other, that were under development at Raven.

My hope is for an expansion that adds content as well as some fixes.

I personally would like to see an extensive "context sensitive" (how you move determines how well you block) defense/blocking system added to sabre combat. If done correctly this would solve all sabre related issues and add twice the depth to sabering. This sort of system could also add defense modifiers for force resistance, ie: push, pull, lightning, kick resistance when in high defense.

The backstab is only an issue for FFA, in the other game types it is not a factor.

It is good to see feed back from Lucas Arts. :)

Its not a matter of removing the moves that do massive damage. Its about either making them blockable or at the very least, making them not look stupid. If I'm going to be chopped to ribbons by someone at least don't make my last sight be his big Jedi ass.

Hehe, when I backstab someone it doesn't look stupid. A few times people have even complimented the way I backstabbed them saying "pretty". Suffice it to say that the people who really know how to backstab effectively don't run around backwards and they always face the target. If an opportunity presents itself they spin around really fast and try a backstab and if they miss they turn and face the opponent really fast.

I don't think some of you people complaining play the game enough. Whenever I see someone running around backwards I'm like cool an easy n00b to kill and I'm able to counter most of the kockdown and backstab moves that people try on me. Conversely when I go against a skilled player they are able to counter most of my backstab attempts. Once I see that they are skilled I switch to heavy and take em out old school style. :D

I bet You guys crying couldn't even hang on the same server with me. You'ld get frustrated when I beat you every way possible, call me a cheater or an assfighter, and leave so that you can send another e-mail to Raven begging for them to change the game again. I don't care how someone beats me. If they beat me I give them credit. I'm the only one to blame if I get beat in this stupid game or in the real world too.

Please don't let Raven touch thsi game. Don't nerf anymore moves!!! Don't water it down so that a duel takes 20 minutes!

Originally posted by Why

hee there

Good of you to e-mail this dude. Maybe he can stop this *assfigting*.

But I read this guy wants more proof. Why don't you make a small demo and e-mail that too him.

Can I have the e-mail adress to, maybe I can e-mail my demo. Than he has the "more explaination" he wants.

But for the game, it's the community's fault. You guys started this. You e-mailt and posted this is lame that is lame etc. SO now you have your new Jedi *assfighting game* Outcast game.

The only thing that should have been fixed was the *DFA* (that's how you guys call the one hit move, with the heavy stance).

The move should only have been tweak like, it's still a one hit move. Only that when the move doens't connect and you excedently step on the saber it doens't kill ya. The game would then still be fun to play.

tsarris@lucasarts.com

Well, I've been playing using the complied 1.03a code from the SDK, and backstabs, whilst still quite damaging, are no longer 1 hit kills. lus, with ghoul2 on, they can be parried. Still makes em lethal in the right situations (eg: you're about to snipe someone before another guy tries to sabre your ass), but means spammers are no longer able to run around like lamers.

Originally posted by D.L.

FFA == Free For All

CTF == Capture the Flag

Yes, I know what FFA means. It was a rhetorical question. FFA means Free For ALL and I was under the impression that it meant no holds barred.

<sigh> I'm just getting tired of all the whining.

:ben:The Jedi were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic until they complained about all of the Force powers and had them all nerfed, then a squad of stormtroopers yelling "Hey! You there!" was all it took to take over the galaxy.

Everyone complains about patches to every game, but the majority of people have stated that something needs to be done. Yes there are unofficial patches out there, but without an official patch they'll take to long to become popular and the community will suffer as a result.

Originally posted by MrCrusher

I would hope that Lucas Arts and Raven are in negotiations for an expansion to JK2 as we type this thread.

There was mention of other "secret" projects somewhere or other, that were under development at Raven.

My hope is for an expansion that adds content as well as some fixes.

I don t think people will trust Lucasarts or Raven enough to buy an expansion

I personnally paid for this game so i expect to have fun with it, expansion or not .........that s not the case actually with 1.03 ( and 1.02 servers are almost all vanished )

Actually i feel robbed and will hardly buy another game from Lucas considering they don t care about supporting their games ( the second thing happening to me with a lucas product ......the first one being Decipher s CCG )

The only exception being SWG cause Verant can patch this game as they see fit ( and cause in my mind it s the Heir of the unfinished UO 2 ) , but for other things Lucas Licensing lost a loyal customer with their repeated errors

Originally posted by Cobalt60

1) Raven screwed up the game in the first place.

they should not be allowed to write another patch.

2) Raven has a product (SoF2) on the shelf right now, as we speak,

which ~competes~ with JK2

(so Raven has a financial incentive, to make JK2 as ~bad~ as it can possibly be)

3) LucasArts Entertainment has competent programmers of their own, on their own staff.

and they know Star Wars better than .. well.. anyone.

4) Raven has already releasd the source code ,

so now even "JohnQ.Public" can write a new patch for this game.

therefore :

5) LucasArts should develop the next patch ~THEMSELVES~ (who needs Raven?)

5b) Raven should never be allowed to mess with this game again.

You are a complete fool. If LEC developed the game, it would be absolute crap. Ever play Obi-Wan? Yeah... And besides, LEC can't develop the next patch, contract crap.

The 1.03 patch fixed many aspects of the game. The only thing it screwed up was the saber combat. If you take a look at the unreleased 1.04 code, it is nearly flawless. It was also made by Raven. Unfortunatly they can't release it due to the fact that LEC sucks.

Also, LucasArts doesn't really have competant programmers for FPS games. What's the last good FPS that LEC came out with? Mysteries of the Sith, back in 1998. All the programmers and developers are GONE that worked on that project.

And as for Raven purposly making the game bad so SoF II will be better...what the **** is going on in your mind? The games aren't in competition! One is sci-fi Star Wars, the other is first person tactical combat! If Raven really wanted to make as much money as they could, they would make BOTH games as BEST as possible, then both would sell very well and they would make more money. DUH.

Originally posted by Cobalt60

1) Raven screwed up the game in the first place.

they should not be allowed to write another patch.

2) Raven has a product (SoF2) on the shelf right now, as we speak,

which ~competes~ with JK2

(so Raven has a financial incentive, to make JK2 as ~bad~ as it can possibly be)

3) LucasArts Entertainment has competent programmers of their own, on their own staff.

and they know Star Wars better than .. well.. anyone.

4) Raven has already releasd the source code ,

so now even "JohnQ.Public" can write a new patch for this game.

therefore :

5) LucasArts should develop the next patch ~THEMSELVES~ (who needs Raven?)

5b) Raven should never be allowed to mess with this game again.

You're a ****ing idiot. Seriously. I usually don't flame people on boards I don't frequent, but you deserve this, and anything else someone says. Raven purposely makes the game bad, so that SOF2 sales increase? Let me tell you something, you putz. When people buy a game in a store, they don't give two ****s about the patches that are out. They look at the back of a game, and they say "oh, this looks cool." And then they plop their fat sacks of cash money on the counter, go home, and play. If they have an interest in the multiplayer game, they'll try to play, figure out there's a patch, and then play. They'll find the backstab problems too.

Next in line, is the fact that Raven doesn't have to make patches. They could tell us all to eat their collective asses, and not support the game at all. If you don't like what Raven did/does to this game, then don't play it. And while you're at it, please die, and/or get cancer. Thanks.

Originally posted by QuietSith

Update!

Just received an e-mail.

He's forwarding the e-mail to "Brett Tosti" the LA game producer of JK2!

Hey, at least he's doing something. :)

In this thread you'll find the email to Mr. Tosti.

http://64.246.44.70/~lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=615292#post615292

a number of people emailed him weeks ago, dunno if they are still mailing or not.

tosti@lucasarts.com

I just want everyone to know that this will happen no matter what. Ok they can take backstab away or something b there will just beother things. Like in CS(CounterStrike!) cheating got really bad, that can happen in JO too. There will always be something wrong with the game. I say just play it!

The problem some (including me) have with backstab being used all the time is this game is "more" than just an FPS. Some of us have been Star Wars fans since 77 when the first movie came out. This, in a way, is more like role playing. There are certain attributes to a Jedi and Dark Jedi/Sith, etc that are being ignored by those whose only goal is to run backwards for reaching the frag limit. If back stab were used once in a while as a classy finish to a defeated opponent, then great. But to use it exclusively cheapens the game and takes it out of the context of Star Wars.

Archived