Home

Jan Skin, WIP

ondraedan

you need to blend the textures for each part to another, like face to the rest of the head, head to neck, neck to torso, etc. I noticed that with every single part:( Make the skin all the same color (i mean when you get a tan, you get it over the whole body, not just the neck) I know it takes a while, but its what can make the difference between a crappy skin and a good skin.

also add some detail to the pants, i mean it looks good on the shirt (maybe some stretch lines too) but the pants are just plain.

also make the glove the same color as the cloths (cause it wont look good as a regular hand.

here is my WIP on a jan skin, go down to the bottom for most updated.

http://64.246.44.70/~lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63169

I know that on the hi-res render the skin seems really off tone to itself in different parts, but its not like that in-game and thats just about all that matters. As far as the "glove," I should've clarified that that blotch on her hand is some weird bug I was getting in the viewer, that isnt and intended part of the skin/model and doesnt show up in-game either. I will try adding more detail to the pants though.

Yes, the in-game shots are the ones that matter, but still things should match up in modview, thats where you can see the mistakes. Also make sure your all your graphics settings are on high(even textures) I made that same mistake and it blured all my textures togeter(clothes to the skin:( ) til i finally fixed it...A model should even look good in modview, that way you know others will see no mistake what so ever.

Ah, but you have to admit that it's funny once or twice. Just like getting Luke and Lando to kiss at the end of the game...

Nice skin, the shirt looks nice. Kinda like some Tarzan-ish jungle person. The pants need some more detail though, maybe some creases or something.

ur skin is nice but the naked jan skin is blah too much for me, if they treated it like barbie and put stuff on it rather than stare at it and such. naked people in SW give it a bad impression, i dont want star wars to turn into trashy stuff, i want it to stay clean and cool the way it is now:)

Good Skin Concept, but you really need to match the skin tones better. she looks more like a collage than a skin, even if it does look good in game, there will be moments, when in the right light (in-game) that all the mistakes will be visible. I know its hard to match them perfectly, but its worth a shot.

If working in photoshop, you could greyscale it all, match the value, and then create a new layer colored the base skin color and then change its layer blending from normal to color. Thats what i did for my mace skin. That way not only will your colors match better, but all the hues will be the same as well. Just a tip, you dont have to listen to me, just trying to help.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived