Home

A petition for Jk2 expansion (New Jedi order)

Raven_Xwing

Hey everyone , Alot of us have read the new Jedi Order series of books involving the Yuuzhan Vong and thought ..that would be cool to have those enemys to fight in Jk2 and play in the expanded universe. Well here is a petition to sign that will be sent to Raven software and Lucas arts, when there enough sigs. Sounds very cool!

heres the link to sign http://www.petitiononline.com/yvkj2/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Raven Software/Lucas Arts

If Star Wars: Jedi Knight 2 sells enough copies or at least the same as Jedi Knight (which is practically assured) there will almost certainly be an expansion much like Mysteries of the Sith. Here is what is proposed:

The odds of being successful are slim at best. Both Raven and LucasArts are real companies trying to make real money and that means putting stuff into games that works and/or is popular. If every developer of a popular series gave in the whims of rabid "Fanboys" the games they make would not be as half as good as they started out. However, to go against what the little green guy said, "Do or do not, there is no try." I thought we should at least try to get Raven's/LucasArt’s attention. Kenn Hestroka (sic) is a good guy (very informative on message boards with Soldier of Fortune and Elite Force) and he and other developers usually tries to answer questions about Raven's games. They go the extra mile for customer satisfaction (and at times entertainment :-D ), which is why this petition is being started.

If there is going to an expansion, then this petition will have one simple goal: to try to get at least one level or more set in the New Jedi Order area with Kyle Katarn facing off against the Yuuzhan Vong. The most powerful, ruthless, and terrifying enemy since the Empire. Let the goal be made clear: IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THE ENTIRE EXPANSION. One or two levels would enough. Even fighting a single "Boss" Vong would be a real treat for myself and many fans of the EU. If enough people speak out on there is a chance it will secede for a number of reasons.

1. The New Jedi Order is a New York Times selling series. That may not translate directly into easy money. But there is an audience out there, a big one.

2. Raven and LucasArts have had no qualms about using Expanded Universe material in their games. In MotS, there were Noghri, Vornsrks, Jedi Holocrons, Mara Jade, the New Republic etc... Heck, Kyle's adventures were even mentioned in the Essential Chronology. They did not dominate the game, they add flavor to it. If all else fails the online community will probably make a NJO mod. But it would be something really special if Raven and LucasArts took part in it.

3. Ken himself is a fan of the EU (or so was read in an interview) so it is likely he will at least consider this.

4. At the very least we should get a response from Raven about the feasibility of this.

5. The Yuuzhan Vong have been mentioned on the official Jedi Knight II site, so all that is needed is to *nudge* Raven/Lucasarts in the right direction. The game is already set near the end of the Empire. The New Jedi Order period begins a few years later. A few years isn't going to make a big difference plot-wise (MotS gave Kyle gray hair etc...)

6. The Vong are a unique style of enemy. Certain force powers may not effect them (such as Jedi mind trick) and they can fight using a variety of melee (Amphistaff) and ranged (Thud bugs i.e. blade or exploding grenades) weapons and use powerful armor (Vonduun crab armor) which can stop a few blaster and lightsaber strikes. A very deadly combination considering they're on of the only enemies who can fight the jedi this way. It would be an ample, but not impossible challenge for players. They’d fill the role of the Sith statues in MotS most likely.

7. Art work and information on these guys is readily available, the New Jedi Order source book, Essential Guide to Aliens have tons of information and pictures on the Vong. They're an established well known enemy. The official site even has a web entry on them. That doesn't happen too often in the EU.

8. (bonus). There are also many new weapons ideas that could be added. Such as the G-9 Powerblaster (souped up blaster) or Mini-cannon (think anti-tank) gun.

Anyone who supports this idea can sign their name. After “x” amount of signatures have been applied, this petition will be sent to Raven/LucasArts.

Again, thank you Raven and LucasArts for even making the next game in a really great series.

-Original Draft by “Karrde”

-Edited for third person by “Acky”

Officially endorsed by http://www.njoe.com - the New Jedi Order Encyclopedia.

Sincerely,

Speaking about they dont care...

Read their website. I quote:

"Have A Game Idea?

Raven Software does not accept game ideas or submissions from outside the company for various [ Legal Reasons ]. Please do not send us ideas or similar submissions as they will be discarded and unread."

Legal Reasons...yeah...

ugh

I think a seperate game would be alot better to deal with the NJO stuff and not an expansion for a game that has no real connection to any of that stuff. So they mentioned the Yuuzhan Vong on the JO site, big friken deal. It's just a website. It's not an actual part of the game.

No, please dont....no....i really want another expansion for jk2, but base on the Yuuzhan Vong....please dear god no. The vong are the worst addition to the Star Wars Universe...I almost stopped reading EU books based on the addition of these characters, because,

1) Someone couldnt think of any other bad guys to add, considering the empire was destroyed....

2) They are a rip off of many, MANY other sci-fi ish characters, such as Klingons from Star Trek. (Star Wars ripping off star trek, now THATS sad.)

3) It seems as if they can destroy everything, EVERYTHING with the help of a bug, worm, beetle, big blob of organic material that thinks, a godzilla, etc.

4) Living ships? Ive seen that done too many times on too many horribly crappy sci-fi tv shows, such as farscape (eeeewww).

5) this isnt really a logical reason, but HEY THEY KILLED CHEWIE FROM MAKING SOME ORGANISM PULL A MOON INTO A PLANET. They are running out of ideas.....and R.A. Salvatore isnt a very good writer...look at his other books, they all start in the words demon, goblin, or curse. Im so damn sick of the Yuuzhan Vong.....lets stop talking about them.

1. Petitions never work unless you get hundreds of thousands of people to sign them, and not that many people have this game.

2. Expansions traditionally continue the story line right after the game, so a NJO expansion wouldn't make sense. Also, the author(s) of the NJO books probably wouldn't allow it.

3. The Vong don't use lightsabers, so immediatly the expansion would never happen. LEC wouldn't plan an expansion if it didn't have more lightsaber combat.

4. Don't get me wrong, the NJO series is awesome, but it's just never going to happen. A new game or game series based off it would be much better than an expansion for JO.

i want a KOTOR game, jedi knight style. now THAT would be craaZy. imagine fighting the sith. think of the levels, like sith temples. oh man. you could start off in training classes to where you are giving instructions on dueling by various jedi masters. that would be so great

Originally posted by ryudom

i want a KOTOR game, jedi knight style. now THAT would be craaZy. imagine fighting the sith. think of the levels, like sith temples. oh man. you could start off in training classes to where you are giving instructions on dueling by various jedi masters. that would be so great

There already is, it's coming out in 2003 for the PC. It's called Knights of the Old Republic, unfortunatly it looks like EP1 instead of 4,000 years before SW4...

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/splash.htm

The Yuuzhan Vong are annoying. I'd rather something in the pre-prequel era than the era of the Yhuuzan Vong.

Perhaps an expansion pack where you do a series of missions instead of a story...

I don't know, these are just my ideas/opinions. If you don't like them, flame away.

:lsduel:

Originally posted by ryudom

i want a KOTOR game, jedi knight style

Emon: I think he meant he wants a JK-style game set in the era of Knights of the Old Republic. That would be pretty sweet ;P

:gben:I don't want to lose you the way I lost Vader.

Someone actually cares about the new jedi order...........

Darth Lunatic your back

Lucasarts will likely follow up on Kyle Katarn as he has grown in populaity, maybe it would work as long as kyle is involved and Luke, not neccessarily Kyle being the main player but somehpw involved in the story well its up to Lucasarts

Archived