Home

1.04 patch

Toa Tahu

No offense, but if you downloaded this from the Massassi page, then you should email THEM about it or post it on THEIR forums.

This is JK2.net (of LucasForums)... different network, different sites, different forums.

That reminds me, what's up with this alleged "1.04" patch? I haven't seen anything about it on the official JK2 page or LEC. Is this another source version, or something whipped up by a non-dev? Just curious... 'cause it seems under-reported if it is in any way official....

So pardon my ignorance, but does Nova work for Raven, or did they just like his source version so much they helped him out by releasing it? (like what happened with LivingDeadJedi's map, IIRC?)

Either way, that's cool, but it'd be nice to get some more info, this is the first I'd heard of it (other than that thing that was posted in our news recently, but it wasn't a "pure" 1.04, it just "incorporated the changes" of it, whatever they were...).

Thanks.

Nah Nova...im guessing just another guy on net lol

First, I don't think we can call it a "patch", because it doesn't overwrite your JK2 codes.

He just compiles whatever is released in the source code packs and found a few changes (thnking it might be the 1.04 wannabe)... so he made it into the unofficial 1.04 mod

The exact quote from Massassi on the day of its release -

"nova compiled the source code that was released by Raven in the second release of the JK2 editing tools, which is what Raven wanted the 1.04 patch to be. So this is basically an unofficially-released 1.04 patch for JK2, with no changes made except those by Raven. Of course, anyone could download the JK2 editing tools and compile the source code that comes with it, but this way it's done for you, and everyone can download this "U104 mod" and play it.

Note: This is packaged as a mod, not an installable patch. This means that you can put this PK3 file in your base directory and still join 1.03 games. It's like skins or levels in that if you have it, but the server doesn't, it will simply be ignored. "

Hope this helps :)

The U104Mod.pk3 makes the game lots more fun and challenging. Best part is it can be used or taken out like most pk3 files. Even if you leave it in the base folder when playing online, if the server your playing on doesnt use it, it will just ignore the file.

It reduces the damage points of backstab/sweep and the finishing moves (IE: One hit kills) and fixed a few bugs namely the lightstance backflip/forward stab (now you have to finish the flip before executing the lunge) and you cant jump lunge anymore or do the frontlunge freefall to avoid damage. There were other fixes from 1.03 but I cant remember all of them.

Basically, It's the compiled source code from the dev tools second release.

Yup, that's it, Darth Kaan.

LEC won't let Raven make another patch, so when they released the MP SDK, they also modified it into what they wanted to be 1.04 or 1.03a or something, since they cannot release an offical patch. I do think that Raven should have a list of the one or two compiled 1.04/1.03a mods on their site, though.

Mike Gummelt said that if there won't be any more patches, he would go on to work on a mod of his own. Coming from him, it could easily become a "standard" in the community. And we all know that if it came from him, it would kick ass. :)

Archived