Home

It's true, it's official, you will need SKILL to join this server!

QuietSith

How to connect to the server:

Name:

Rage and Honor (GSD)

65.113.116.20:28072

Note to those connecting:

Turn on autodownload so you can be sure to connect.

Also, in your console (shift ~) type:

/cg_dismember 300

Setup:

The current setup is FFA Sabre Only Full Force - up to 12 players.

Extra maps that we use:

You can download the maps at their respective links, or turn on autodownload for your client - the server will send you the file when you begin connection - but it is faster to download them directly and put the pk3's in your 'gamedata/base' directory.

The server also has custom maps:

1. ffaepisode1

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?2734

2. ffa_carbonfreeze

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?2287

3. irgcoruscantfinal

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?3142

4. Imperial Waste Facility

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?2906

Voting is on, so you can vote for a different map at anytime.

If you have any map suggestions that I should include feel free to reply here.

I'm very open to suggestions on how to make this the best "FFA Saber Only Full Force" Server around.

I'm running this server with GSD and JK 2 ++.

The combination of both will cause you to either play in the utter joy of actually using your skill or if you are an assfighter or someone who depends on exploits, you will absolutely hate this server.

It's offical:

This server will not let you assfight.

It's a cross-breed between 1.02 and 1.03. It all has the things that 1.03 offers, that are good, and restores the things that 1.02 had that were lost.

As you use this server will notice that everything is perfectly balanced - no nerfs, just right where it should.

I knew that GSD and JK 2 ++ are a wonderful combination.

Play it for awhile and you'll notice it too - it's what JK 2 should be.

ASE users:

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/

When you run ASE do the following:

Filter - New

Name JK 2 ++

(In the filter put the following): <--- don't put this in:

1 if servertype != "JK2" remove

2 if gamename ~== "JK2++" keep

3 remove

Click on Normal Filter.

Click OK.

Right click on the "JK 2 ++" Filter on the very bottom under "My Filters", choose refresh, and you'll quickly find mine and other JK 2 ++ servers.

More on JK 2 ++:

http://dev.wdonline.com/jk2pp/

GSD = Ghoul 2, Sabertrace off (less auto defensive sabering), and Dismemberment.

Great!

I logged on for a while just now, and it seems you were quite right. Skill really does matter now!

I was not killed once during the whole time! Ha! Ph34r my l337 skillz! PH34R!!! :lightning

Next time I hope someone else will be on too...can't even spawn bots, cause it's a server only-thing. :( It got a tad boring, even though I totally Owned. :D:rolleyes:

I did notice that the blue lunge-exploit was gone... Dunno what else has changed, though..

Haha .. yes.

Trust me, get some more people going with you and I promise you the exploiters and assfighters will really be upset with the server settings.

But those who cherish true saber and force fighting will be in love with JK 2 again. :)

OH MY GOD!

You can kiss your assfighting ways goodbye on this server, folks!

I don't know exactly how effective the sweep/stab is against bots usually, (hardly ever play against them) but I assfought these ones for ages without getting a single kill!

(And by assfighting, I mean constantly doing the 180 degree turn + sweep/stab..not aimlessly walking around backwards.)

DFA works as it should, but you can forget about scoring butt first :) .

Great job, QuietSith!

I'd love to hear details about what was changed...the damage/ blockability or what?

Well the good thing i can say about your settings is that they are actually the Best for 1.03 for FFA saber only and overall i think i can actually have some fun with them

This being said as i foreseen and said in another post, the TRUE problem of 1.03 saber appears clearly on your server : The insane blockin rate even with sabertrace = 0 ( i don t know how ppl can say it s like old 1.02 blockin system )

This makes the fights lasts for an eternity ( and boring after a moment IMO ) , makes Strong Stance totally useless and overall still involves more luck than skill when u hit someone with your saber through the GODLY guard

Also this invites to using the another still usefull combo : Throw + push/pull

For those who dunno what i m talkin about just think that the anim of defending against push/pull break your guard .......too bad if a saber is flyin towards u :D

So to conclude this don t be in a urge to nerf this combo ( wich involves skill ) cause it s not the fault of the "exploits" but of the saber system itself ....BLOCKIN a saber hitting your butt just doesn t feel right and Blockin when u attack ( wich means u doesn t intend to defend ) too

Originally posted by Luc Solar

(And by assfighting, I mean constantly doing the 180 degree turn + sweep/stab..not aimlessly walking around backwards.)

O M F G!!!!!

So now i can't use the backstab/backsweep without being called an assfighter? That's using the move, assfighting is running backwards you fool.. :eek:

Special Olympics?

I'll bet you haven't even tried the server.

It's actually more difficult to fight for some people, because it's much easier to die on this server.

But I guess you can't do your assfighting and exploits so hence it's 'retarded'.

You're such a troll... and it's boring.

The server is using Ghoul 2 (for the highly accurate hits), Sabertrace off (so saber defense is more like 1.02), and dismemberment at 300 (so body parts go flying).

That's all on top of the JK 2 ++ mod:

http://dev.wdonline.com/jk2pp/

As people try the server against each other, and bots, or whatever, you'll find some of the really upset types are those who enjoyed their one hit kill expoits and backstabbing - and probably couldn't handle force powers in 1.02.

Either way, the server is here to stay like this - if you don't like it, don't play it.

But if you do enjoy an actual challenge, come join! :)

Originally posted by Emon

I'd rather run U104, I think it's MUCH better than that crap JK2++.

I am interested in why you think it's crap. I appreciate your comment, however, without anything else to go on except "crap", how are we supposed to make it better?

Don t worry Quietsith .....i guess that ppl going on your server don t have trouble winning in boring 1.03 normal servers

After all it only recquire to turn absorb on, roll toward some moron, pull him and finish him :rolleyes:

Sure it recquire ( some ) skill against other lightsiders ( mostly manage your force pool with absorb ) but it s surely ain t fun

Homo ewok don t understand that this server is not for losers but for winners fed up to have to use same old gay trick :o

Originally posted by QuietSith

Sabertrace off (so saber defense is more like 1.02)

I have to disagree with that ......

Never while playing ( and i still play it a lot ) 1.02 did i ever see someone block from all angles and so much

Honestly i can have fun ( and that is a great feat considering this is 1.03 ) on your server but this is nothing compared to old 1.02 ( mostly due to overblockin )

Originally posted by Orangina_Rouge

I have to disagree with that ......

Never while playing ( and i still play it a lot ) 1.02 did i ever see someone block from all angles and so much

Honestly i can have fun ( and that is a great feat considering this is 1.03 ) on your server but this is nothing compared to old 1.02 ( mostly due to overblockin )

We're currently working on the blocking aspect.

Originally posted by Picasso

O M F G!!!!!

So now i can't use the backstab/backsweep without being called an assfighter? That's using the move, assfighting is running backwards you fool.. :eek:

You know, I was trying to clarify that THE REASON why I didn't get any kills wasn't that I couldn't hit anything (as in walking backwards hoping to bump into a bot, but without luck).

I executed backstabs and sweeps 24/7 without getting kills.

But yes, I call it Assfighting if you do a 180 turn *every time* an opponent gets close and fight them butt to face. Someone who blindly walks backwards is simply a retarded assfighter.

Using the backstab is not assfighting.

Hope this clears things up. :rolleyes:

that sucks who are you to decide wat are the "skillfull" things from the versions, im not an assfighter i hate them i have skill but please, its not "skill" to change the versions around till you get wat you like "skill" is mastering the version thats out and useing it to your advantage

Archived