Home

I Hate All Backstabbers

Lime-Light

IF I LOSE ONE MORE DUEL TO A LOSER NEWB WHO LEARNED BACKSTAB I WILL KILL SOMETHING.

I have done nothing but saber away at these newbs, coming 1, 2 hp's from killing them and them right before the final blow they ****ING BACKSTAB ME AND I ****ING LOSE. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH. I SHOULDNT HAVE TO GO LOOKING FOR REASONABLE SERVERS (which are getting numbered) JUST TO HAVE A FUN EXPERIENCE. IF YOU ARE A BACKSTAB ABUSER, I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU, SO I CAN FIND OUT WHERE YOU LIVE AND DESTROY YOUR COMPUTER.

I never lose to people who run around backwards...:D

I never run around backwards either...:D

Seriously though, I know what you mean about a new guy and a lucky backstab.

As pretty much a duel only player I have found (let's say no Force for arguments sake) an easy way to avoid spazzing newbies who run/hop around aimlessly and then go into a "backwards Rambo rage" is to simply stand your ground and let them get right up against you.

Just as they get into backstab range take a *very light step back, then as they begin the sweep/stab animation a fast strafe to the closest side combined with forward and a quick strafe back in will put you out of harms way and into position for your own sweep/stab.

Now if they are doing the sweep/mouse spin stay a little out and do a red stance overhand chop or a yellow stance finisher, both work fine.

Granted you need to pay attention to their saber stance (and what decent duel player does not?) to know if a straight stab or wide sweep is on its way.

The rest is just quick reflexes.

Originally posted by Lime-Light

IF I LOSE ONE MORE DUEL TO A LOSER NEWB WHO LEARNED BACKSTAB I WILL KILL SOMETHING.

I have done nothing but saber away at these newbs, coming 1, 2 hp's from killing them and them right before the final blow they ****ING BACKSTAB ME AND I ****ING LOSE. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH. I SHOULDNT HAVE TO GO LOOKING FOR REASONABLE SERVERS (which are getting numbered) JUST TO HAVE A FUN EXPERIENCE. IF YOU ARE A BACKSTAB ABUSER, I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU, SO I CAN FIND OUT WHERE YOU LIVE AND DESTROY YOUR COMPUTER.

I'm also starting a clan - we have our own server, forum, and chat, so drop me a pm if you are interested and I'll get you more information.

For now, here may be your solution:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64272

Originally posted by Lime-Light

lol, damnit that was so funny! i laughed so hard that the soda i was drinking nearly came outta my nose.

Try nf duels! Backstabing is a little move controled there to the point where almost all n00b bsers are easy to beat. The sad fact is thers the 'skilled', use that term VERY losely, bsers. The kind that when u charge them and they charge u they turn around at the last sec to do a bs. Or the kind that lag ur computer with never ending skin chages that gives just enough time too kill u.

Lately I've been able to completly kill most of my bs's. Now I only do them verses a laggers(the kind that jump around your screen and takeshots out b4 u see them), ass fighters, or generally all asswipes.

I love Butt fighters..they make great Sabre fodder. They all are easy to kill..just back off em..until they stop..then strike fast and get away again...or I run at them..then either ver left or right and swing accordingly and you catch them while in mid back stab with neck hit..works all the time..try it..takes timing but I have faith in my fellow butt fighter haters. now go get em

dude, if you are getting constantly killed by backstabbers, I'm sorry to break it to you, but you stink.

as for your innane babbling threats: :p puh-leze, it's all I can do not to insult you personally for coming off like just another dork on the internet who spouts off about bustin somebody up behind the security of his online annonymity.

<quote fixed - thanks!>

"You are the one's who are the ball lickers!"

However well you know how t kill an arse-fighter, you are bound to mistime a hit, or step back tpoo slowly, or make some tiny mistake and lose. The frusration is not because you fight badly, but that your foe's victory has been due to you making a slip rather than their skill.

I know how to kill a BSer, and the angry man who started the thread probably does too. That doesn't stop it being annoying when some incompetant buffoon beats you just because you make an ineviatble mistake.

That doesn't stop it being annoying when some incompetant buffoon beats you just because you make an ineviatble mistake.

:D

well...yeah, but that's part of the game - its not like b/s is the only way someone who doesn't know what they are doing can occasionally kill you.

If there was legitimately no way to avoid/escape/defend against the b/s move, I would feel more inclined to be tolerant to the sentiment behind this post. However, this is not the case. Furthermore, however legitmate the gripe, blasting off like this fool did is simply assinine and no less retarded/juvenile/offensive than those dorks who run around desperately trying to blunder their way into a kill.

The push/pull b/s ISN'T a simple execution in mp - it DOES take some coordination and timing, ESP since anyone who doesn't have their head up their butt knows to watch for it and knows what to do about it. Thus, on the rare occasion that someone manages to get me w/ it I know that one of two things happened: some n00b just got lucky or somebody out maneuvered me - both are frustrating but neither warrent some childish tantrum.

I am an excelent saber-ist, and I only play on nf duel servers. Before, whenever a lamer started b/sing all the time I just left, so I never really got good at avoiding them. Now I just go berserk, and usually get them too, but its increadibly frustrating when I dont.

And QuietSith, I'm already in a clan, but yours does sound interesting...

Isildar, if you dont like my behavior, report me to a mod, and leave. I do have every right to post what I did, and I let he censor do its job, unlike most others. And as for pull/bs, I dont see how theres any diffuculty in that, just as there is none in doing a 180, pressing backpeddal and attacking. There is, however, skill in wittling away at an opponent for 3 minutes with calculated swipes, then getting wasted by a slip with some pathetically easy move.

Just play with the U104 mod. It's basically the compiled source code that came with the SDK, and this code is what Raven was going to make into the 1.04 patch, but LEC won't let them release it.

You can download this mod from Massassi.net or right here at JKII.net.

Yup I got sick of being pulled down and backstabbed, I now only play Duel with NF and find it so much more enjoyable. You still get loads of backstabbers (many are not noobs, almost all are clanned). I spent the best part of 1 week getting my arse kicked but eventually I started getting better and better.

I am now proficient in about 5 moves so I have quite a deadly arsenal at my disposal, as for all the backstabbers, well they no longer pose a threat to me, they only have 1 move and I can avoid it 80% of the time. They can't aviod my 5 moves more than 20% of the time, so now I find I am kicking the arses of the very people that owned me.

One guy in particular (no names mentioned) is very good at backstab abd I spent about 30mins tracking him down after I felt good enough to beat him. Sure enough when I found him he was top on the server and as I waited my turn I saw his tactics were exactly the same.

I took a big chance and had a key bound to:

" I am going to rip your head off and **** down your neck" I hit the key and watched him come in for his usual backstab, but as he executed the move I backed off 1 step & did the middle stance jump finish and did take his head off :)

Retribution was very gratifying, especially as the fight was over in about 30 secs. Backstabbers beware, practice makes perfect.

U104 is for all the pansies who can't figure out that throwing their saber will put a stop to an assfighter.

Oh yeah...

HAHAHAHA! I FOUND THIS ONE GUY AND HE BACKSTABBEDED MES SO I SAYS YUO BITCH IMA HUNT YUO DOWN AND KILL YOU AND HE SAYS NO YOU WONT!!! SO I TRACED HIS IP TO HIS ISP AND THEY GAVE ME HIS ADDRESS AND I WENT OVAR AND KNOCKED ON HIS DOOR AND HE SAYS HI WHO ARE YOU AND I SAYS YOU ASSFIGHTING **** AND I SHOT HIM IN THE FACE WIFF MY BOOOMMMMSTICK! HAHAHAHAHAHA I MURDERED THAT ASSFIGHTAR!!!roflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflrfol

I agree, ever since the "patch" the game has been over runned by noobs who just hack at you with light and do backstab\slash. Sometimes I hate this game. Its very frusterating. But I guess thats why they made the "patch" so noobs have a chance and dont lose interest in the game. Either way 1.03 = ghey.

Archived